Dallas Event Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Dallas Event Marketing Group Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2015

Found 6 reviews

2.7
  1. "Training, great experience, tons of opportunity!"

I have been working at Dallas Event Marketing Group

Pros

I love that they train everyone I got started with the company because I had a chance to be and think more entreprenurial and honest learn how to market something and managemet sounded exciting. I've seen a few management promotions in our office and the influence these top people provide. I can't wait to be like that! Very team oriented Challenges to grow Mentorship Opportunity to move up

Cons

Honestly none. I came into this to learn and challenge myself to become better and grow!

Advice to Management

Thanks to management for always answering their phone and making themselves available to communicate whenever needed. The manager is so nice and a great leader who really cares about her team!!!

Dallas Event Marketing Group2014-08-25

"Fifty Fifty"

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Event Marketing Group for less than a year

Pros

Not a bad place to work. Very fun environment and the group in the office is always happy and positive.

Cons

Not as they explain. You're selling different types of products in a Sam's club at a booth and you work off commission. You get 2 days off a week and they're never weekends. This is not a 9-5 job.

Dallas Event Marketing Group2015-04-20

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Event Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good at pulling employees in.

Cons

Fake, don't pay, not the job they said you would have.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to people.

Dallas Event Marketing Group2014-12-17

"GREAT OPPORTUNITIES!!! PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL GROWTH!!!!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Teaches you everything! -Marketing/Sales -Interviewing -Training -Team development -Leadership -HR/PR -PERSONAL GROWTH! Culture is -POSITIVE! -Team Oriented This position isn't for a person just looking for a job. It requires focus and drive to achieve ones goals. Management doesn't micromanage the person but give them the freedom to set and hit their own goals. I don't recommend this job to anyone who...

Cons

You will have to sacrifice some time with your friends and or family because it is not a typical 9-5 job. It requires some early mornings and weekends, but well worth it. You have to put in the time and energy first before you expect to excel in anything.

Advice to Management

Great mentor and relationship builder!!!

Dallas Event Marketing Group2014-08-20

"Hated every second spent here"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Event Marketing Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

For the most part the coworkers were fun to be around. This could be a good job for paid internship if you want to go into direct sales.

Cons

I was lied to about the amount of income I could expect. Was sold on the management opportunity but based on my observations the opportunity or expected income of management was a lie. Upper management did not want to answer the hard questions that would shed light on the legitimacy of the business and its model. Stuck in Sams all day selling stuff that most people don't want. Was told that it was a full time position...

Advice to Management

Pay better and be upfront about how business works.

Dallas Event Marketing Group2014-09-11

"Actively seeking new opportunities"

Current Employee - Entry Level Marketing Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Helps pay the bills, open schedule to interview for other jobs while still working at DEMG. Not much other than that though

Cons

No benefits No promise of success in a "new office" Lot of turnover at work Not making much money Never know how much money is going to be on my paycheck

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more so they won't leave or work with their schedules more. I need a work life balance and I can't get that here at all

Dallas Event Marketing Group2014-08-23