Dallas Texas Consultants Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2020

3.7
Dallas Texas Consultants Director James Rothermel (no image)
James Rothermel
Pros
  • "I worked with DTC for almost 2 years(in 10 reviews)

• "If you want a fun, driven work environment this is absolutely the place for you(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Awesome work environment and place."

Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time

Pros

Awesome work environment and amazing coworkers. They really try and care to make you as good as you want to be in training. Pay is good once you're adjusted, a lot of money to be made just have to work for it. Overall big picture of the organization is great as well. Would recommend this job to anyone, who is hardworking and has good time management.

Cons

Long hours, that is the only rough thing about it, other than that, it's an awesome job.

2. "Sales"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants part-time

Pros

Great pay and great environment

Cons

I have no cons for this job

3. "Great place to work, but a grind"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time

Pros

The team members are really great people and very helpful when it comes to training. The owner is great guy. If you are willing to put in the work, then you will see results. Definitely a place where the sky is limit.

Cons

It is a sales position and can take some time to learn the skills to be successful Pay is 100% commission with a small base pay

Continue reading
  4. "Decent Industry, misleading"

Former Employee - Sales Trainee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Office Environment when money is being made Late Start Paid Travel

Cons

Door to Door Sales 60 hour workweek required No secured income 100% commission

"It was okay"

1.0
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coffee was good and comfortable working hours.

Cons

Wasn't clear on what they were selling. Ambiguous pay structure.

"HIGHLY recommend!!"

Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working here in February. I was a little skeptical at first since I’ve never been in a sales/marketing position and the commission part scared me a little. But this job is truly merit based. I was told in my interview that if I have a good work ethic and put in the work to train that I can be very good at this. I decided to start, I had no other option than to learn everything I could so I could start making money and pay bills. This job is FULLY mentored, so I was able to learn everything in a short amount of time from everyone who has been here longer than me. Since starting 4 months ago, I have been promoted. I have broken the office record for the amount of accounts acquired in a week span, I have been able to be #1 rep in the country..making 3k in sales for the week. The career advancement and money is here, it just takes hard work and determination. The atmosphere in this office isn’t like any other job, it’s super high energy and fun, while also providing time to learn new ways to improve every day. I can honestly say I get to work with some of my best friends in this job. I’ve not only built amazing friendships, but I’ve also learned so much about the professional world and become a lot more confident as a person. This job has taught me how to get better at public speaking. I’m able to run meetings and teach classes here even though I’ve been here such a short amount of time. And that’s because this job is performance based, if you come in with a learning cap on..this job can take you so many places.

Cons

I honestly don’t have any cons I can think of. I look forward to coming into work every morning

"Great!"

Current Employee - Entry Level in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, environment, great vibes, opportunities and management

Cons

Non applicable! Everyone is great.

"Awesome, Upbeat Workplace"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Voted best place to work for 4 years in a row and I can see why because everyone here is so welcoming and driven to make you the best you you can be. There hasn't been a day that someone hasn't greeted me or welcomed me with open arms and really encouraged me about how successful I am and can become. Really excited to see how I grow in this company.

Cons

Nothing that I can say yet, everything has been wonderful.

"Great work opportunity"

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being an Intentional student on a work Visa (OPT), DTC was very accommodating Merit Based- DTC is company that believes in treating everybody equally and rewarding hard work regardless of how long you have been at the company. I remember Jon broke the office record for most sales in his 3rd week at the company. His 3rd week! Upward Mobility- The chance to get promoted to next/higher level within the organization is based on merit and not seniority. DTC values its people and will provide its employees opportunities to advance their career rather than sopmeon from the outside. First, promote from the inside Team Mentality (We not I)- At DTC your coworkers are willing to help you learn, all you have to do is ask. The only way the company succeeds is if everyone is doing well and that's what I loved when I was working here. Travel Opportunities- DTC lets you travel to various offices to share and learn best practices. As well as various Regional and National conferences. These are usually a great opportunities to create personal relationships with other like minded individuals Work Environemnt- The thing I miss most about DTC is the people and the work environment. I love being at work, which is weird for me to say since I'm usually someone who historically doesn't like Mondays. But, at DTC it felt like I was in a position to succeed as long as I put in the work and that my coworkers were willing to push me achieve my goals

Cons

I would say it's not the easiest job in the world initially. ut, as long as you put in the work, you shall be rewarded

"Unbelievable opportunity and fantastic experience"

I worked at Dallas Texas Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I took a position with DTC I had never worked in sales or marketing, but the company sold me on their training program and work environment. I ended up working there for about a year and it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. This was an entry-level position, so my training class was made up of a lot of recent college graduates. I loved how young, relaxed, and social the company was. There was not a day I didn't wake up and look forward to going to work. We also had a lot of social events outside of the office where friends and family were always welcome. Everyone in the office was always very genuine and welcoming as well as extremely supportive. They truly want you to excel personally and professionally. The people who made through training were those who were ambitious and hardworking so it was nice to be around people who elevated my goals and performance. I honestly think they undersell the training they provide. Yes, they teach you about sales and marketing, but the management training program thought me how to be self-reliant, time management, money management, organization, communication skills, how to have critical conversations, interviewing and recruiting, and how to train, teach and manage other people. I can't say enough about the CEO. He is by far and away the best boss/mentor I have ever had. I also got to travel a lot in the year I was there for conferences and business trips. You get to meet great people from around the country and have 1v1s with extremely successful people. It's a lot of fun, but the advice, knowledge, and friendships you gain are invaluable. The growth opportunities within the company are unbelievable.

Cons

This job is commission based sales which is both a pro and a con depending on how you look at it. It's actually crazy how easy it is to make money and having a good week means you make 2-4 times the average of a normal salary. Having a bad week could mean you'll be at around half that average. This could be really bad if you're bad at money management. Basically, if you're consistent, work hard, and have a positive attitude/confidence you'll be fine. It's nearly impossible to make money in sales if you're negative, or lack confidence and motivation. This wouldn't be an honest review if I sugar coated everything. Residential and business to business sales is HARD WORK. It's not glamorous. It's not a 9-5. If you're looking to be an average employee and an average desk job this is not the place for you. If you're an ambitious person or you want to be an entrepreneur then I can't think of a place where you'll gain better skills and experience in such a short time. I definitely had ups and downs in my personal life and my performance in my year here, but I grew more personally and professionally than I ever had in my entire life. I was able to land my dream job this year which I can honestly say would not have happened nor would I have been so successful here if it wasn't for everything I learned working for this company.

Found 81 reviews