KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Dallas Texas Consultants

Is this your company?

Dallas Texas Consultants

Add a Review

Dallas Texas Consultants Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jul 6, 2020

Found 7 of over 96 reviews

4.1
Dallas Texas Consultants Director James Rothermel (no image)
James Rothermel
Pros
  • "I worked with DTC for almost 2 years(in 10 reviews)

• "If you want a fun, driven work environment this is absolutely the place for you(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Most of the day is door to door sales(in 16 reviews)

• "DOOR TO DOOR SALES ALL DAY LONG(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

What career advice would you give your 30-year-old self? 😇

3,001

251 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Awesome work environment and place.

Jul 6, 2020 - Management Trainee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work environment and amazing coworkers. They really try and care to make you as good as you want to be in training. Pay is good once you're adjusted, a lot of money to be made just have to work for it. Overall big picture of the organization is great as well. Would recommend this job to anyone, who is hardworking and has good time management.

Cons

Long hours, that is the only rough thing about it, other than that, it's an awesome job.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great work opportunity

Mar 25, 2019 - Lead Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being an Intentional student on a work Visa (OPT), DTC was very accommodating Merit Based- DTC is company that believes in treating everybody equally and rewarding hard work regardless of how long you have been at the company. I remember Jon broke the office record for most sales in his 3rd week at the company. His 3rd week! Upward Mobility- The chance to get promoted to next/higher level within the organization is based on merit and not seniority. DTC values its people and will provide its employees opportunities to advance their career rather than sopmeon from the outside. First, promote from the inside Team Mentality (We not I)- At DTC your coworkers are willing to help you learn, all you have to do is ask. The only way the company succeeds is if everyone is doing well and that's what I loved when I was working here. Travel Opportunities- DTC lets you travel to various offices to share and learn best practices. As well as various Regional and National conferences. These are usually a great opportunities to create personal relationships with other like minded individuals Work Environemnt- The thing I miss most about DTC is the people and the work environment. I love being at work, which is weird for me to say since I'm usually someone who historically doesn't like Mondays. But, at DTC it felt like I was in a position to succeed as long as I put in the work and that my coworkers were willing to push me achieve my goals

Cons

I would say it's not the easiest job in the world initially. ut, as long as you put in the work, you shall be rewarded

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

The opportunity you

Jun 10, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

DTC is a great company to be apart of. Between the limitless opportunity to grow and advance, the fun work environment and proven management program, this is a company you would be lucky to work with. Jim and Taryn are amazing managers. Their experience and genuine desire to help others be successful is inspiring and promising. My favorite part of working with DTC is that it is performance based. To get rewarded constantly for doing your job right is a plus. The opportunity to travel is never ending. The leadership and training program taught me the best systems for sales, marketing and team development. DTC has made sure that I am reaching my full potential and pushes me to be a better employee everyday.

Cons

Long hours. Compensation can vary. Best to just invest all of your time in to the company if you are looking to be successful.

9 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

One of the best places to work in Dallas!

May 9, 2015 - Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I genuinely love the atmosphere; the people, the energy, goals and excitement I feel on a daily basis. The management team are always in my corner helping me to grow and achieve my goals. Everyone else in the office is there to help people, but more importantly bring a positive and energetic work environment! In my time spent working here I have seen myself become a better person in both my work life and personal. Everything that I have learned while working here are transferable skills that will continuously help me in the future.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that this is a work place designed for people who want to take initiative of their future.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Account Representative

Jan 3, 2019 - Account Representative in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

A team-oriented environment where hard work is truly rewarded. It's entirely merit-based and challenges me to constantly improve. I'm currently an Account Representative and have absolutely loved my experience so far. Everyone I work with pushes me to become better and supports me while doing so. If you want a fun, driven work environment this is absolutely the place for you.

Cons

This isn't a position where you can just go through the motions. Every day is an opportunity to improve and requires consistent effort and commitment to do so, but the rewards for those committed are truly astonishing!

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unbelievable opportunity and fantastic experience

Feb 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I took a position with DTC I had never worked in sales or marketing, but the company sold me on their training program and work environment. I ended up working there for about a year and it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. This was an entry-level position, so my training class was made up of a lot of recent college graduates. I loved how young, relaxed, and social the company was. There was not a day I didn't wake up and look forward to going to work. We also had a lot of social events outside of the office where friends and family were always welcome. Everyone in the office was always very genuine and welcoming as well as extremely supportive. They truly want you to excel personally and professionally. The people who made through training were those who were ambitious and hardworking so it was nice to be around people who elevated my goals and performance. I honestly think they undersell the training they provide. Yes, they teach you about sales and marketing, but the management training program thought me how to be self-reliant, time management, money management, organization, communication skills, how to have critical conversations, interviewing and recruiting, and how to train, teach and manage other people. I can't say enough about the CEO. He is by far and away the best boss/mentor I have ever had. I also got to travel a lot in the year I was there for conferences and business trips. You get to meet great people from around the country and have 1v1s with extremely successful people. It's a lot of fun, but the advice, knowledge, and friendships you gain are invaluable. The growth opportunities within the company are unbelievable.

Cons

This job is commission based sales which is both a pro and a con depending on how you look at it. It's actually crazy how easy it is to make money and having a good week means you make 2-4 times the average of a normal salary. Having a bad week could mean you'll be at around half that average. This could be really bad if you're bad at money management. Basically, if you're consistent, work hard, and have a positive attitude/confidence you'll be fine. It's nearly impossible to make money in sales if you're negative, or lack confidence and motivation. This wouldn't be an honest review if I sugar coated everything. Residential and business to business sales is HARD WORK. It's not glamorous. It's not a 9-5. If you're looking to be an average employee and an average desk job this is not the place for you. If you're an ambitious person or you want to be an entrepreneur then I can't think of a place where you'll gain better skills and experience in such a short time. I definitely had ups and downs in my personal life and my performance in my year here, but I grew more personally and professionally than I ever had in my entire life. I was able to land my dream job this year which I can honestly say would not have happened nor would I have been so successful here if it wasn't for everything I learned working for this company.

9 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jul 11, 2016 - Team Lead in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Work environment is phenomenal -Learn more about communication skills and business world -Goal oriented business -Positive coworkers, always pushing you to excel in every aspect of the company. -Play games in the morning to get the energy flowing -Surrounded by happy people -Overall the best place I've ever worked at -Growth within the company, never give up.

Cons

-long hours, makes for more growth and more learning. -

1 person found this review helpful