Dan Klores Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Dan Klores Communications Reviews

Found 99 reviews

3.4
Sean F Cassidy
Pros
  • "Is it a place that values people, creativity entrepreneurship, and hard work(in 9 reviews)

• "Exposure to great clients, a lot of people who want to help you learn and grow, often an expedited path to Account Executive(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "The last year has presented difficult business challenges and DKC has had to be efficient and make some hard business decisions(in 19 reviews)

• "Not a lot of support in some departments, overactive account loads, not much encouragement from upper management(in 6 reviews)

"Amazing Clients, Incredible Talent"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Dan Klores Communications full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The portfolio of clients is incredible. There's so much to learn here, and I feel part of a team that delivers for our clients.

Cons

The agency life isn't for everyone. It's a fast paced, always-on job.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I am proud to be part of DKC and know that I am making a difference for our clients.

Dan Klores Communications2019-05-07

"Full Time Publicity Assistant at DKC one year"

Former Employee - Publicity Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Dan Klores Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Learning a lot and quickly involved in client work.

Cons

Pay could be better but you can work overtime that you get paid for which can help.

Advice to Management

More company gatherings/social events to build relationships with people outside of my team.

Dan Klores Communications2019-04-22

"Let's be real here"

I have been working at Dan Klores Communications full-time

Pros

I've worked for 3 other PR agencies in my career (big and small) and I am easily the most at home at DKC. Yes I am extremely busy, but I work on Fortune 500 clients and don't just feel like another link in the chain. Some groups are better than others, but this is a place you can grow. Also, new office space Spring '19!!

Cons

As I already mentioned: workload is no joke. Some supervisors better than others.

Advice to Management

New review system is great Please put cold brew in the new office spaces!

Dan Klores Communications2019-04-12

"Good basic experience"

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Dan Klores Communications part-time

Pros

Work with top clients Exposed to basics of PR--media relations, pitching, media monitoring Genuine, talented people

Cons

Office and number of employees is small Only HR department in NYC

Advice to Management

Expand in other office locations

Dan Klores Communications2019-04-22

"Hard work but a good place to learn"

Current Employee - Publicity Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Dan Klores Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cons

Pretty low salary, experience heavily depends on who your supervisors are (not necessarily a con), often a very heavy workload

Dan Klores Communications2019-04-11

"Great agency!"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Dan Klores Communications full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good team of people working with you and some amazing clients

Cons

Pay isn't up to industry standard

Dan Klores Communications2019-03-25

"Micromanagement and no work flexibility"

I have been working at Dan Klores Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Summer Fridays, Co-workers and great client list!

Cons

Very old school top-heavy organization. Some managers have no trust in employees and want to know your every move. They speak to junior staff like they are beneath them as if they are not the ones who do a bulk of the work. Salary for entry/Mid-level is so pitiful. You can email HR, and they will get back to you weeks later if they even answer.

Advice to Management

Give more opportunities to switch sectors and listen when staff expresses an interest in doing something different. While it makes no sense to reinvent the while, it's okay to take ideas to be innovated. Benefits are needed if they want to stay competitive in the PR business, especially in the NYC and LA office.

Dan Klores Communications2019-05-06

"Great Mix of Responsibilities. Fast Pace"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

I work across two divisions. This has given me an interesting mix of accounts across several industries. This place plays hard and likes to win. It operates at a higher level and faster pace than my last agency.

Cons

I'd like there to be greater connectivity across the offices. I don't know many of the people who work outside of New York especially since we handle great accounts out of these offices.

Advice to Management

I like it here. I'd like a stronger relationship with my colleagues in other cities. You guys should look at how to do that better - perhaps regular summits, etc.

Dan Klores Communications2019-03-04

"Made My Career Here"

Current Employee - EVP in New York, NY

I have been working at Dan Klores Communications full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

I have developed lifelong friendships here. The company is led by individuals who not only care about their clients but do the work. Hey, PR is a tough business and not for everyone - as you can tell by some of the reviews - but I have grown trenendously thanks to the leadership and the great mix of clients.

Cons

The company delivers and is growing during a crazy time. You have to love this business and be willing to work. If not, it’s not for you and thus a Con.

Advice to Management

You guys are not only great at what you do but kind. Create more situations where the middle and lower levels can get to know the real you.

Dan Klores Communications2019-02-23

"Really Like It Here"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

Challenging with great colleagues. We all sit together and help each other. President and management team keep an open door and jump into help us. Amazing clients.

Cons

New York office doesn't look great but we are moving up a floor into an open plan type office.

Advice to Management

More frequent staff meetings and perhaps some offsite outings.

Dan Klores Communications2019-02-27