Danaher Reviews | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Danaher Reviews

Updated January 3, 2018

1.0
Danaher President and Chief Executive Officer Thomas P. Joyce, Jr.
Thomas P. Joyce, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Many growth opportunities available and a great business system in place to support you (in 16 reviews)

• Good place to learn many new technologies at least skin deep (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Always on the road - work life balance is a challenge (in 21 reviews)

• High pressure and no future investment in equipment (in 6 reviews)

"Made a BIG mistake of joining them"

Former Employee - Software Tester in Hatfield, PA
    Former Employee - Software Tester in Hatfield, PA

I worked at Danaher full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly, I can't think of any Pros. Maybe one or two good colleagues whom I worked with, but that's it.

Cons

The list is long. I had joined Dental Imaging Tech organization (under Danahar) starting of Jan 2017 as a software Test Engineer. This was a new position that they were trying to fit in, so they can improve their process. Let me tell you, as a software tester, I got no respect, had no value, people were against taking us ( me and other tester). It took management, 4 months, to decide our role in the company!!! How RIDICULOUS?! I got laid off just recently and my last day was Jan 2nd 2018. These people found the "perfect" time to break the news to me, a day before my vacation and holidays. Just imagine some, 200 people who were let go, went thru. This was the biggest mistake I made in my life! My previous job paid less, but at least working environment wasn't messed up.

Advice to Management

Serious management problems. You guys have no idea what your all doing. You first decide to take in new people, without understating our role, and use us as a guinea pic to just "try" it out . You guys dare to mess up peoples CAREER! I have never felt the need to write such negative reviews for anyone and I never did. This is the first time I have been forced to do this. I don't want others making the same mistake like I did! It messes you up big time! I hope you guys take this seriously and work on management skills.

"You don’t want to work here!"

I have been working at Danaher full-time

Pros

none that any other good company wouldn’t also offer

Cons

Their motto “Your integrity, our success” speaks volumes, they have no integrity of their own and just want to succeed on the backs of honest hard working people.

Your motto “Customers talk we listen” would be more accurate if it was “Money talks we listen” because you squeeze your vendors and pay your employees poorly.

And your motto “the best team wins” should be “the cheating team wins”, your managers frequently blatantly lie, take credit for others work because they are superficial and only work to make the numbers LOOK good and there is ZERO transparency in your organization.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending you are inclusive, 95% of the people at the top are white males.

"Data Scientist Danaher Labs"

Current Employee - Data Scientist
    Current Employee - Data Scientist

I have been working at Danaher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have no interest in working, you can just smile and say "yes" to all the comments, you are good to go

Cons

Worse place too work, zero learning, no passion or motivation, small group of 2-3 people, hire interns with cheapest rate and ask them work more than full-times with no learning, none of the project are delivered complete, the manager has a very short-time vision of success, no interest in delivering their responsibilities right, I can go on and go on, there is no end for cons of the data science team at Danaher Labs

Advice to Management

"time" is the post precious fortune that is being waste by wrong and unprofessional management. Management is an important skill, not just a position you accept to get paid more. you have a responsibility about your employees career and growth. it is not limited to bossing around people.

"Don't Dare be Sick!"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at Danaher full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none that immediately come to mind.

Cons

According to HR, no employee there ever takes an unscheduled day of leave for illness or anything else ever and that someone attended a conference with a broken leg. Wow, gold star for you, martyr! It's not written down anywhere, but just know if you work there, you will be expected to carry perfect attendance outside of planned vacation days. Not realistic. Things happen to people.

Advice to Management

Lighten up and accept the fact that your employees are human.

"Not-So-Good Company"

I have been working at Danaher full-time

Pros

The benefits are GREAT!

Cons

Management is NOT forthcoming with the amount of work. Employees in ALL departments are extremely OVERWORKED and UNDERPAID for their services. This company expect employees to hit the ground running w/MINIMAL to NO TRAINING. The company expects employees to give their ALL while management does NOTHING

Advice to Management

Ensure employees are adequately trained before allowing unrealistic expectations to drastically impair employee morale.

"danaher opco I work for used to be good place to work"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Danaher full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-work with some great people
    -sell good but outdated products

Cons

-short sighted management
    -too focused on numbers and no loyalty to people
    -saw them cut several jobs right at year end held by people with 25+ yrs experience, no loyalty either way. All of my coworkers would be gone tomorrow if they got a better offer.
    -give an annual engagement survey then do nothing with the results they get
    -quarterly compliance training, they like "compliant workers"

Advice to Management

take care of your people

7. "Administrative"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Great cafeteria; OK benefits; Use of company cell phone

Cons

Micro-managing supervisors
    Inappropriate work space to handle confidential information
    Meetings, meetings, meetings
    Unrealistic deadlines

8. "Danaher Review"

I worked at Danaher full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow co workers are good to work with

Cons

Company just treats you like a number.

Advice to Management

Get to know your best assets. Those are your employees.

"Now with experience...Looking Back 2016 review"

I worked at Danaher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Drove me to my biggest success yet ...at a different company.

Cons

I interviewed, got the job and moved to a different state for a Talent Management job just to find out a week before I started that they were changing my job scope to a Data Talent Specialist and was told that my manager was going to reside in a different state. Manager had me commute/drive twice a week from Richmond, VA to Raleigh, NC for our 1-1s... the few phone calls on updates occurred when she was walking her dog. Needless to say, I was put on a PIP on my third month on the job. When the PIP expired, I had already found a different job and I was very very happy to leave. As a "favor" the didn't charged me back the money for relocation. New job turned out to be extremely successful, I've been with them for four years and already got a promotion under my belt.

"Don't look here for a long lasting career"

I worked at Danaher full-time

Pros

perpetually increasing workload and responsibilities

Cons

perpetually increasing workload due to perpetually decreasing staff

Advice to Management

Buy some more companies since the ones you already have are going to nothing