Danbury Health Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Danbury Health Systems CEO John Murphy
John Murphy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "RN"

I have been working at Danbury Health Systems part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family Birth Center and NICU provide excellent nursing care

Cons

Benefit packages are less than ideal

Advice to Management

Value staff nurses input

2. "Terrible place not only for the people who do work but horrible patient care."

I worked at Danbury Health Systems part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Theres ways to move up or around but went to crap.

Cons

Horrible place they just want paying patient's more mal practices then happy patients so so sad.

Advice to Management

I herd this dr. Murphy can make changes but what can he really do to change Danbury by himself just in year 2016 he should look up the poor people who lives have been ruin by these dr.s that a 30 million dollar Er u cant count on really one had great doctors. The sad thing is his smallest hospital is the best out of 3 hospitals

3. "intern"

Pros

great place to be exposed to healthcare field.

Cons

random experiences for some interns.

4. "Manager"

I worked at Danbury Health Systems full-time

Pros

The CEO has a lot of vision and is an excellent speaker. The culture and values he aspires to for the entire hospital system is inspiring.

Cons

The CEO should be ashamed of the way some of the departments in the facility are actually being run. His vision is not being executed at all. It was sad to see, but impossible to work in such chaos. The unions have a good deal to do with that and seem to be running the hospital, most particularly in the nursing division.

Advice to Management

Get real with your goals and put them into practice without exception throughout the facility. Support Management!

5. "Management"

Pros

Good pay
    Good medical benefits vacation time is fair
    coworkers become family like...they work together regardless of management..the only sad part of leaving was leaving my co-workers

Cons

Corporate style hospital..only worried about money patient care is bootom 10 on list

management views employees as numbers

Advice to Management

Treat employees as people not a way to get as much out of them as you can till it is borderline abuive

6. "Great place"

Pros

Paid for my college tuition. Plenty of opportunities to grow. Pay scale was great. People were fantastic. Great opportunity for experience.

Cons

Arbitrary way of disciplining staff. Unqualified management. Favortism. Must have thick skin to deal with a very stressed out clinical staff.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and discipline everyone accordingly.

7. "Ass kiss driven"

Former Employee - Desktop Support in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Danbury, CT

Pros

Insurance is great from day one.

Cons

Management needs to show respect to employees

Advice to Management

Do as you say.

"The ideal place to work at in Danbury, CT"

Former Employee - C. . . in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - C. . . in Danbury, CT

Pros

You can get as much overtime as you want. You can get whatever days off you need. A raise is given every couple of months. If you have a problem you can go to your superior and know that the problem will be taken care of. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Health Insurance wasn't too expensive, and you would only pay for what you needed. They also offered life insurance at no extra cost to you. Working at the hospital gives you a good feeling about your job. I actually looked foward to going to work, and when I left I felt like I accomplished something good in my life. If I hadn't moved to another state I would still be working at the hospital. They also have a tuition pay back program. If you want to go back to school or you are in school the hospital will pay back your tuition. The only thing that they ask back is that you work for the hospital for at least a year after you are done with school.

Cons

There weren't many downsides. Some nurses didn't help with patient care, and that was aggrivating especially when we were short staffed. The down side to the tuition program was that you had to pay the tuition yourself first and then the hospital would pay you back. You also have to keep good grades. Another downside was dealing with certain patients. Some people were just really needy, but there wasn't anything that anyone could do because we try to offer the best care there is no matter to who it is. One of the downsides, especially for those working the day shift, was parking. The last couple of months that I worked there parking was always full and was very hard to find a spot. The hospital started having employees park at the PAL parking lot and have shuttles go back and forth to and from the hospital.

Advice to Management

Management always did a good job dealing with employees. The management people that I dealt with were always friendly and were always looking for ways to make their staff the best there is.

"Behind the Scenes at DH Behind the Scenes at DH"

Current Employee - ER PCT in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - ER PCT in Danbury, CT

Pros

Experience and good people to work with overall. It is the best community based hospital in the area.

Cons

Not sufficient recognition. Management has obvious favorites and it shows in unfair treatment and promotions.

Advice to Management

Include the "little people" in communications more. Not just when you need a donation for United Way around the holidays or want to give a $.04 (that's CENTS) raise. It costs more for the stamp to mail such nonsense than the raise amounts to in one paycheck!