Daniel Webster College Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great all around place to work peer support and connections made will last a lifetime."

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Nashua, NH

I worked at Daniel Webster College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

working with students and seeing them grow into fine you men and women. Very rewarding. Tuition discount for self and family.

Cons

ITT connection which is a mute point at this time. The main reason Daniel Webster College will seize to exist for much longer

2. "Crash Landing"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashua, NH

I worked at Daniel Webster College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it was close to home

Cons

ok before ITT by out. As with most non profit schools it's all about the numbers not the students

3. "Good place to break into higher education but building a future there is problematic."

Former Employee - Assistant Professor in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Assistant Professor in Nashua, NH

I worked at Daniel Webster College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small school so limited bureaucracy. Free parking!

Cons

Very limited support staff. Senior leadership was not open with strategic plans for school.

5. "A flawed system, starting from the top"

Former Employee - Outbound Call Pre-Screener in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Outbound Call Pre-Screener in Nashua, NH

I worked at Daniel Webster College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with a school that was affiliated with ITT Tech which is a small college in my city. The people I worked with (not including management) were friendly and helpful. They also offered an 80% discount on courses. Overtime was basically available at will.

Cons

First off, the system is flawed. Leads were produced via shady tactics online. Often we would be speaking with people who were forced to give their information while doing a job search, with no opt out. Other times leads would come through via ad services promising gift cards. I found that deceptive and generally poor business ethics.

Metrics were kept based on performance. This is understandable, however, these metrics were based on things that the rep had little to no control over. Frustration was frequent among normally tolerant people.

Management was hold and cold based on performance. They were frequently in meetings or out of the office. Often there would be nobody around to help if something went wrong. You could easily tell they were under pressure from the higher ups. They served less as mentors and more as hovering drones.

There is a very detectable separation between the corporate... clique (for the lack of an appropriate term) and the lower management/workers. The power division was a bit demoralizing.

When I was hired I was part of a pilot program with an attempt to change the system of the call center. I was one of the first hired for the program in November. My metrics were frequently among the highest for those in the position (including students from the physical campus working part time). Yesterday the program was abruptly pulled with 0 notice.

I'm not griping about that. I understand it was a test program and the chance for it to be pulled was something I was told from the start. What I am disappointed about is that I wasn't offered the opportunity to move up within the system despite my high performance. Management dangled the opportunity in front of me to keep me motivated. Then the rug gets pulled from under my feet and I'm sent packing like I was just another warm body. There was no loyalty in that system, and management had no problem putting brass rings out of my reach.

There was no support given to that pilot program anyways. I was basically thrown out on my own to figure out how to do this job that has never existed before. I hate to sound boastful, but I really feel like I should have been afforded a better opportunity.

Not to mention that shortly before I was let go they hired more reps. They hired new people for the position that I, or anyone in that program, could have attained. They could have promoted from within and saved a couple people their jobs. In fact I was delegated the duty of training one of the new people that took the position that I could have been in.

There are other problems with this company. Their infrastructure is flawed. Their technology is outdated. There is very little help offered by the higher ups. I predict their online program will fail very soon and good people will be out of a job due to poor quality leads, poor quality management, and an uncaring corporate system.

Hopefully this doesn't read as a whiny rant, but I want to offer my perspective on the ITT Tech model.

Advice to Management

Increase the quality of your leads. Work to help reps improve their skills rather than brow-beating them for low numbers. Upgrade your system to a more modern approach - for example, most applications only work for internet explorer and are incompatible with popular browsers such as Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Finally, get with the program. Your general malaise and separation from your employees hurt the very base of your system. IF that collapses, you collapse. Personally I'm surprised these jobs haven't been outsourced yet. Management seems to care very little for their employees and very much about their numbers.

"If you are reading this then run now!!"

Current Employee - Staff Member in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Staff Member in Nashua, NH

Pros

Most of the Professors are very good and really care about the students.

Cons

The management does not care about the employees and student success. They only care about numbers and making money. They have also cut a lot of the benefits since ITT purchased them.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing the staff with the daily numbers game. Start putting as much effort into helping your employees succeed as you do pushing them out the door to other colleges and universities.

7. "Rewarding."

I worked at Daniel Webster College full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There's a wonderful sense of commraderie. Schedule is flexible. The environment is Fun.

Cons

In my department there can be some very long days sometimes. And managing an always changing schedule can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Get to know all employees not just faculty.

8. "Schooling"

I have been working at Daniel Webster College full-time

Pros

Really great engineering professors. I found it really good and learned a lot

Cons

Get a better Electrical Engineering teacher. Also, make us have a required coding class it is needed

Advice to Management

Structure engineering better

9. "Well, I guess it's a little late for this at this point...."

Pros

Staff and faculty are great, I've never enjoyed a job so much in that respect. As far as higher education goes, the pay is pretty decent. It was a good way to get into higher Ed if you've never worked in that area before. The education is really great, and employees get an 80% discount.

Cons

Upper management seems really clueless at times. To say this school had no budget for...well, anything, would be an understatement. It has no money for anything- and just recently had to close down, so I guess they weren't lying after all.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to worry more about hiring people who know what they're doing- I don't feel that they gave that much thought when hiring sometimes. Also, the communication here was terrible.

10. "Stepping Stone"

Pros

Worked with Good People and had fun.

Cons

Expectations were too high. Needed to do more with the school in order to attract more students.

11. "Unfair skewed metric"

Pros

There is no good reason to work for this college

Cons

Daniel Webster College (ITT/ESI) do not care about their employees or the students.