Daniels Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Dan Daniels

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing company, culture and CEO"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People at Daniels are genuinely passionate about what we do and are working to achieve meaningful goals
    CEO and founder is hands on - cares genuinely about the people within the business and about his clients and the people our service solution touches
    So many facets to the service we offer there is endless opportunity for employees to move, grown and learn within the business.
    Amazing team culture

Cons

Takes time to understand the business and how great it is due to complexity - and logistical / regional spread
    Take the time to learn and understand the business and the people within it and you wont be disappointed..

Only con is how do we get the company together as one team more often ? Such geographical expanse that people loose sight of being part of the bigger team and purpose but management is aware and has a lot of ideas and out of the box plans to reduce this feeling of isolation betweens plants, locations, and the Chicago office.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing ! Such an exciting team to be a part of.

2. "Management"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The biggest Pro of working for Daniels Health are the people. The Daniels Team members are filled with Passion, Innovation and Strategy. It is wonderful to work for an organization that is experiencing tremendous growth and having so much fun in the process.

Cons

Daniels is gaining market share at such fast rates, we experience growing pains.

3. "Growing"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time

Pros

-Lots of room for growth

Cons

-All processes takes a while

"Plant"

Former Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL

I worked at Daniels Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great product, the best in the industry

Cons

Growing and sometimes not certain about the direction

5. "Production associate"

Current Employee - Production Associate
    Current Employee - Production Associate

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best product around hands down! Owners are very humble cool people. If you get your work done you will be safe but if you underperform your out the door! I've learned how to do everything in the plant within the first year so I'm an all around good employee I believe!

Cons

No scheduled reviews, no scheduled raises. Broken promises, changes all the time. We get asked to do way more then what we are worth I've been here going on two years and have seen Atleast 50 people or MORE come and go. There are plenty of jobs paying better then ours for sure which is terrible for what kind of field where in and the stuff we have to see/do everyday. The insurance rates are so high it almost leaves you no paycheck if you don't make a decent amount. It seems like us workers run the plant since there is a lack of management telling us what to do. I had to beg for a raise and I got the run around for Atleast 3 months. Seems like the management at the plant is completely separate from corporate and they only care about numbers not what we have to go thru to achieve the goals!

Advice to Management

Please invest in the good employees like myself!

"Strong Disappointment"

I worked at Daniels Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is no accountability, no visibility on performance, no metrics you're measured on. If you're the type of individual that can challenge yourself, this is a pro because you'll have plenty of time and energy learning a few skills on your own. If you're looking for a stepping stone or you want a really easy job, this is the company for you!

There is a ping pong table in the office and a gym in the building. Ceres next door has a pretty sweet happy hour deal.

Cons

This company will drain your soul if you have any sort of talent and drive. The reason I left this company was because I did not feel like my hard work was recognized nor did it pay off. Ultimately the company does not give the managers the tools and authority to reward their employees properly, that or they're happy collecting an easy paycheck and don't want to rock the boat for themselves.

Advice to Management

All the leadership there is comfortable with the status quo and have no reason to challenge themselves or their team. Be transparent about what you want to be when you grow up because no one has a clue and most of the leaders operate on their own agenda. Some companies set strategic priorities, what is yours? How do you measure yourself against the competition? How do you know if you are winning or losing? Perfect example, can you tell me with accuracy how many customers had a missed delivery? If you don’t know where you are and where you want to be, how can you drive any improvement?

Initiative at this company is killed because personal development does not exists and it doesn't take long to see that there is no incentive to work hard. You're broken promises will only get you so far and will lead former employees to expose you through reviews like this. What's sad, is all the fake reviews the company posts, what does that say about the ethics this company holds valuable? They would rather LIE than commit themselves in finding the root cause of why talent is leaving. SAD.

My advice to employees is negotiate a salary you'll be happy with for as long as you intend on working there; however, this is a bad company without any principles and I would strongly advise you accept your other offer or simply look elsewhere.

"Had High Hopes ..."

I worked at Daniels Health full-time

Pros

The people, though it seems to be a fast revolving door, so even that changes moment to moment. The customers are pretty great.

Cons

Like someone else said below, Daniels loves to promise new employees unlimited growth, endless opportunities, and huge potential upside. I mean for a medical waste company they need something to make the opportunity sound good maybe? This never happens. The company has given 2 raises in the past 10 years and they're capped and usually below cost of living increases (I'm talking 2-3%). Internal promotions are possible but the only reason Daniels gives them is so that they can promote cheaply and not hire outside for market rate. If you don't believe this, reach out to an employee who just recently received a promotion and ask about it. Even Managers have no control of giving their own employees raises. They just agree with you and do nothing. My own Manager even told me to look elsewhere and that they wouldn't be there long if they had another offer. They are in charge! How am I supposed to be happy when my own Manager isn't? This company is the complete opposite of "servant leadership."

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. I'm not talking about sending them to a church camp "Leadership Training" which - by the way - is offensive for anyone not Christian. I'm also not talking about sending brash Australian leadership over for 2 minutes to talk about what America is doing wrong and then to fly back and sit in their castle. Invest in your people by leading from the front and setting a good example for what it's like to work hard and be rewarded. Also by giving raises where raises are deserved, so that your workers can focus at work and not worry about how they're going to buy dinner at night.

"Great People! Great Culture! Great Company!"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with at Daniels Health are incredible, the culture is fantastic and the company actually invests in me personally and my development from the CEO down. I get the opportunity to enhance my skills and grow professionally and I also get to enjoy working in a fun environment where I can play ping pong at lunch time. I love working for a company with a purpose and Daniels Health genuinely cares about making healthcare safer and protecting people and it's not hard to tell.

Cons

As with any growing company there are always growing pains, no company is perfect but at least they're giving it their best effort and I can commend them on that.

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing, you got this!

"Genuine People, Inspiring Vision, Not Perfect"

I have been working at Daniels Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very authentic company with strong goals and humble people.
    Great products with great technology and processes behind them
    A very giving and empowering culture; entrepreneurial, not afraid to challenge status quo
    A very inspiring CEO who won't ever ask more than he wouldn't do himself - sets a pretty high bar
    A company I feel you could grow your career with, challenging but lots of opportunities

Cons

Geographical limitations - plants and resources are spread out across the country, sometimes feel disconnected from the Chicago hub
    Underdeveloped unified processes - great plans and people working on them, but still there's a lag between the vision and the execution
    Communication - who's in the loop, the business moves at a fast pace and sometimes crucial information isn't passed down in a timely fashion

Advice to Management

Work on processes - we have the best products and great people - we just need to tidy up the processes that make our customer and inter-departmental interactions seamless
    Keep communicating - we want to feel part of the changes that are taking place
    Hire strong and authentic leaders - not all managers reflect the company or owners' vision and values, I believe this is a cultural imperative.

Daniels Health Response

Feb 2, 2017 – Senior Leadership

I sincerely thank you first of all for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have to agree with you that our products are great and this is something we are very proud of at Daniels. I... More

10. "Don't believe everything you hear"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Justice, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Justice, IL

I worked at Daniels Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They paid you on time though it was no where what you are worth. They are good for providing a free lunch and party time.

Cons

they do like their play time in the office. Actually play time was more important than making sure you were doing your job correctly. Customers were NOT the first concern. Pay increases are a joke. The ones that are recognized are the ones are not the ones that are truly doing their best.

Advice to Management

start over and find someone that actually cares about the people

Daniels Health Response

Feb 1, 2017 – Senior Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We try to encourage a fun and social culture and it is disappointing to hear that you felt this negatively impacted on your work experience... More