Danlaw Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 17 Sep 2019

4.0
Danlaw Inc CEO Tom Rzeznik
Tom Rzeznik
  1. "Exciting Company w/ a Fun Employee Culture"

Current Employee - Visual Designer in Novi, MI

I have been working at Danlaw Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salary, exciting projects, friendly and open workplace, fun internal culture and events

Cons

Hard to get to know everyone in the company due to company size, multiple departments and buildings, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep up communication about company direction, etc.

Danlaw Inc2019-09-10
  2. "Good"

Current Employee - Systems Software Engineer in Novi, MI

I have been working at Danlaw Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and support from management

Cons

I don’t have any cons.

Danlaw Inc2019-09-18
  3. "Great Environment for Driven People"

I have been working at Danlaw Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to come up with new ideas and take initiative on various projects. Danlaw is a great place to tackle new challenges, make a difference, and improve the work place. There are always new and interesting problems to solve, so work doesn't get boring. But my favorite thing about Danlaw is probably the general company culture. We have an open door policy here, so you can walk into the... office of any manager or executive to pitch a new idea or just strike up a conversation. Management also encourages a strong team environment, so most people are always willing to step up and help a coworker.

Cons

Sometimes it does take a while for projects or budgets to get approved by upper management, which can set back timelines. Management should also put in more effort to keep employees informed about news from other departments or product lines.

Danlaw Inc2019-02-21
  4. "Relax place to work"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer

I have been working at Danlaw Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great laid back environment. Benefits are great. Administrative staff is very helpful.

Cons

Management lacks communication with rest of the staff. Projects have a very short lifetime.

Danlaw Inc2018-03-05

"Creative visionaries who have a passion for connecting people to their cars and things"

I have been working at Danlaw Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment, Great co-workers, everyone is excited and passionate about their work. Proud to work with leading technology and an innovative company focused on how to create an impact in the automotive space with a focus on safety. A lot of opportunities to contribute and implement ideas within the company.

Cons

The pay is fair but could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Mentor and support employees with more communication.

Danlaw Inc2017-10-18

"10/10 Would Recommend"

I have been working at Danlaw Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

- There’s always something going on. Whether it’s our Friday morning team breakfasts, company-wide holiday parties, or raffles for concert tickets—we always have something fun to look forward to. - Teamwork and collaboration is important. It’s great that everyone here can count on each other to work through projects and solve problems. - Danlaw’s casual office means I can wear comfy jeans everyday, and that’s... a big bonus. - The executives are really friendly and approachable too.

Cons

- Sometimes management is slow to respond, so it takes a little longer to implement new ideas or start new projects. - There should be more direct verbal communication between executives and lower level employees. The president hosts a townhall-style meeting every quarter, but I think they should share company news with employees more often than that.

Advice to Management

- Management should take some more time to listen to new ideas and try to make clear decisions more quickly.

Danlaw Inc2017-10-18

""Great work place only for house wives and senior citizens”"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I worked at Danlaw Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Getting job is very easy, irrespective of your career experience and education.

Cons

- Recently, secretly company cancelled 401K benefits. - Talented, Hardworking individuals are being ignored. - Few higher managers/steering committee enjoying their personal growth by misleading company management.

Advice to Management

- Talented / hardworking individuals must be treated with respect. - Even after taking many employee surveys no action is being taken by management. - Due to company’s expansion and growth management is losing talented employees. Advice to take on this.

Danlaw Inc2017-10-14

Danlaw Inc Response

October 18, 2017Marketing Analyst

Thank you for your feedback. Danlaw is committed to upholding an inclusive and collaborative work environment for all of our employees. We value the feedback we receive and will apply what we learn to improve our policies and practices moving forward. We would like to provide some specific feedback regarding your concerns. At Danlaw, we believe that we are more than just a company—we are a family. That’s why we strive to treat each and every employee with respect and inclusivity. We want everyone to feel comfortable sharing ideas, expressing concerns, and speaking with upper-level management. We want our employees to enjoy coming to work, so any disrespectful treatment should be reported to Human Resources immediately. As Danlaw continues to expand, we are always looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we provide to employees. This year we were able to expand our health benefits to include online doctors appointments and vision coverage, in addition to 3 extra holidays. Unfortunately, due to budget constraints we did withdraw our 401K matching program this year, but maintained 401k accounts for each employee. We took immediate action to inform our employees of this change so that they could prepare accordingly. We genuinely care about our amazing team, so we want our employees to know that the HR department is always available to help. Employees should reach out to the HR Director with any concerns about their treatment or our company practices. Thank you again for your contribution and feedback.

8. "Software engineer"

I have been working at Danlaw Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work environment.Lot of learning opportunities , especially for the people who starting their carrier.

Cons

Not a stable renumeration , suddenly they will cut important benefits and attribute to poor sales. Sometime No bonus too

Advice to Management

Set a realistic Target. To HR head, Please don't disappoint your employees by taking their benefits and not giving bonuses.

Danlaw Inc2017-08-11

Danlaw Inc Response

August 15, 2017Marketing Analyst

Thanks for your feedback. At Danlaw, we are committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative work environment for all our employees. We value and consider all feedback, and we’ll continue to find ways to improve in the future. In the meantime, we would like to address your specific benefit concerns. As Danlaw grows, we constantly look for ways to enhance employee benefits. This year we expanded our health benefits to include vision coverage and Amwell online doctors. We also created 3 extra holidays for our employees to enjoy. We genuinely care about our company and our awesome team, so we want you to know that the HR team is always available to help. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please reach out to the HR Director. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback.

9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Danlaw Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very open to new ideas - Willing to listen to concerns - Breakfast every Friday - Gives you any tools you need for your job, laptops, tablets, monitors, software, etc.

Cons

- Lack of communication between depts. - Very slow approval processes - Lack of awareness for what competitors are doing

Advice to Management

Tell you depts. / team what you are planning on doing so we can be prepared for it.

Danlaw Inc2017-01-19

"Voted Best Place to Work in Novi, MI"

in Novi, MI

I have been working at Danlaw Inc

Pros

Great culture and Great Management. I've been with Danlaw for 3 years. I used to dread going into the office but not with Danlaw. Danlaw was voted the best place to work in Novi in 2015 and invest in their employees and the employees in turn are loyal.

Cons

I drive an hour to work but it's worth it.

Danlaw Inc2016-11-10