Dannon Reviews | Glassdoor

Dannon Reviews

Updated June 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Very little respect for work-life balance, expected available 24-7 (in 31 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't take time to understand the day to day details (in 13 reviews)

"Warehouse Production Worker"

Former Employee - Production Worker in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Production Worker in Portland, OR

Pros

None. Well, the freezer kept you cool in the summertime.

Cons

Rude employees. These ex convicts and high school drop outs make inappropriate, racist/homophobic jokes in the workplace frequently. Temps are treated like garbage. False accusations lead to being fired (I witnessed it). I made the right decision to quit. I worked very hard everyday and cared about doing my job correctly- the warehouse supervisors saw this and then expected more out of me, while slackers were ignored and kept slacking off. So, I have to do more work than the laziest people but we still get paid the same amount?? Worst job ever.

Advice to Management

Why give advice? Management doesn't care about fair treatment. They just want their yogurt produced and shipped out as quickly as possible, by any means necessary. After working at Dannon, I will never consume another Dannon product again.

2. "good place to get broad experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Dannon (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to do things beyond your job description such as special projects. Open office space environment, smart and interesting people. Casual atmosphere. In many ways ahead of other CPG companies in terms of company values and innovation. Strong emphasis on sustainability/environmental values.

Cons

Leadership is mostly from outside the US. Key positions and advancement are usually reserved for Europeans and Latin/South Americans, mostly men. Business units in the US are centrally controlled from HQ in Paris; lots of rules, programs, initiatives and requirements.

"Horrible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in White Plains, NY

I worked at Dannon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent vacation time, if you can actually take it.

Cons

Honestly, Dannon was the worst environment I have experienced. You will be given staggering levels of work, and treated with genuine disrespect as you undertake it. I was also sickened by the lack of integrity among managers. Unless you are desperate for a job, I urge you to pass on the job offer. If you are desperate for work, take the job and continue to look for other work.

Advice to Management

Become better humans.

4. "Engineering Co-Op"

Former Employee - Co-Op in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Co-Op in Dayton, OH

I worked at Dannon (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is a great place to grow, they will let you take on as much work as you ask for. If you prove yourself, you can start to deal with bigger projects that have big impacts (helped plan and install projects with 250k+ budgets). The people are genuine and fun to work with, and there is a lot of movement so you can see all parts of the company if you wish. Dannon lets you make the experience what you want it to be. Plus dollar cases of yogurt for plant employees and flexible hours!

Cons

No major changes needed at the company.
    But for the Minster location in the winter it is hard to find things to do.
    If you look for things there is plenty to do though, should be a video coming out soon highlighting things to do.

5. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minster, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minster, OH

I have been working at Dannon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at Dannon and there are plenty of opportunities to move up in the company if you work hard.

Cons

I started in the Union until I was able to get a job in management.

6. "Account team"

Former Employee - Revenue Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Revenue Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Fun
    Global
    Lots of learning
    Enjoyable work
    Precise
    Culture of perseverance through all times in the economy

Cons

Not enough pay
    Hard to get days off
    sometime tedious
    difficult interview
    unreasonable requests at time

Advice to Management

Good management and having the company going in the right direction. work on providing employees with a better work/life balance by allowing for easier ways to get time off

7. "Production Line Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Dannon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very well established company. Great growth potential for employees. Very neat atmosphere and an amazing work ethic overall.

Cons

The quality department had a very loose head.

"Customer solutions"

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Dannon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! The PTO is very generous however management makes it almost impossible to use it. The tuition reimbursement program is great motivation to continue your education.

Cons

I worked with the company for 12 years and held 4 different positions. They paid for 2 degrees including my masters degree, however I was passed up for a management position 3 times. I tried to improve the department moral and create teamwork but upper management seen my actions as "insubordination". I was labeled difficult when I tried to get the department to follow the company culture of being a great place to work. I was told by management that I shouldn't work there anymore because I didn't "fit in". The office is filled with drama and lies that create a very hostile work environment. Unfortunately The department HR is in NY and doesn't pay attention to what really goes on in the TX office.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the operations of every department... Not just the areas that are directly in front of you.

9. "Production Supervisor"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Dannon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company as a whole is fantastic! Takes care of their employees and produces great products for consumers!

Cons

Some locations have a lot of politics and the company rotates higher management around a lot so there is little to no consistency. With as much as the corporate level strives to put employees where they wish to go and helps them get there, plant level management has a harder time doing so. They also treat their supervisors terribly-- working sometimes past 15 hours, forcibly staying after 12 hour shifts up to 3 extra hours without additional overtime pay past the 12th hour. Seems new HR management has taken care of some of the issues post my leave.

10. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

I worked at Dannon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Centrally located, lots of parking, great environment, nice people, close to highways

Cons

congested traffic area, demanding environment, no coffee, benefits ok,