Danone Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Danone CEO Emmanuel Faber
Emmanuel Faber

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is prioritised and ensured to keep employees helaty and most efficient during wokr hours (in 25 reviews)

• Les conditions de travail et les (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • However Danone work hard to try and reduce this by improving Work-Life balance (in 16 reviews)

• s grande charge de travail pour un manager (in 9 reviews)

1. "It's alright"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Danone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Most higher ups are competent people who will listen.

Cons

I mentioned "most". Some behave with their egos out of check.

Advice to Management

Give everyone some respect. Not just the people you want to impress.

2. "WhiteWave intergration has been challenging"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Danone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting products with lots of growth potential
    Incredible benefits (vacation, compensation)
    Constant change, lots of flexibility

Cons

The integration with WW has been really hard. People put into positions they weren't ready for, uneven workloads, impossible workloads, huge differences in compensation and benefits. Other cons - to advance you must be willing to relocate and probably to NY. It is a young organization. Minimal training as most employees start at larger CPG companies first. Lotus Notes. So much busy work - especially for the sales people.

Advice to Management

You are asking us to be patient as you work through the integration but the pressure is intense with no relief in site. Managers who are in over their heads are putting excessive pressure on their teams. The fact that we aren't meeting our numbers adds to the pressure. Watching senior management influx is worrisome - we've been on pins and needles for a year wondering if we will have jobs and that state of uncertainty continues. A lot of people are exploring their options elsewhere and are only staying at DWW because of compensation and benefits. Figure out a way to relieve pressure on us ASAP so we can function.

Also, you have to find a way to allow people to move up in the organization without requiring relocation. During every meeting and call where career growth has been discussed lately, career progression has been promised with the caveat "you must be open to relocation." There are great employees who can't relocate or don't want to relocate to the NY area. Our major locations (NY, CO, CA) are in some of the most expensive locations in the US. There need to be career opportunities for those not interested in relocation.

3. "Great company"

I have been working at Danone full-time

Pros

International company, focused on sustainability

Cons

Great company to work for

"Danone CBM review"

Current Employee - Customer Business Manager in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Customer Business Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Danone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great room to grow and develop. Continually evolving company that offers new experiences. I love the culture and high growth attitude. This is a great company.

Cons

work life balance. Some on boarding is sink or swim mentality.

"Terrible HR support. Should complain to the EOC!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Danone full-time

Pros

Great PTO, Generous salary, inspired mission statement

Cons

Lacking employee support from HR partner. HR did not provide training for new roll. HR used the merger to fire older employees to hire under 35 yrs old. Very cutthroat and political in open office. Too many cliques. Bullying by manager and HR.

Advice to Management

Allow all employees a voice not just high potential millennials. There is value in experience and reliability.

"So glad I got out when I did"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at Danone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and parental leave policy. The products are great, especially with the introduction of WhiteWave brands. Free yogurt and bottled water. Good PTO if you actually have any spare time to take it. Overall, the mission of the company is great.

Cons

This company is an absolute mess. The only company I've ever worked for where things are so disorganized. None of the technology works, the email system is outdated and frankly laughable, none of the internal data is updated, and HR never actually hire anyone where support is needed. The computers, even newer ones, are slow and they crash constantly. The culture is decent at best - not anything to write home about. Dannon and WhiteWave do not mix from a cultural standpoint. Way too much unnecessary travel... (ever heard of a videoconference?). Some people have a ton of work life balance and travel for pleasure 10 times a year while others work 55-60 hour weeks for months at a time without taking a vacation. Morale is very low after the integration and absolutely nothing is done to change that. People are completely burnt out and expected to do 5 jobs at once. Relieved I am gone.

Advice to Management

Don't just say you're going to fix things, just do something about it. Hire people where you need them who can actually change what's going on on the inside. Sure the products taste great and the mission is good but your people aren't happy.

"Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Danone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people on our team, but poor leader

Cons

Did not come together as one company. White Wave acting like they are their own company and not working Dannon. Everyone is looking for a job because everyone is afraid they are going to change the structure again

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and see that there is much turmoil in the field and no communication

"Great company, great culture"

I worked at Danone full-time

Pros

Enormous opportunities for personal and professional growth, incredibly diverse work force, innovative learning technologies, progressive management

Cons

You really have to work hard and compete with professionals from all over the world

"Fast-paced and a lot of opportunity if you step up"

I worked at Danone full-time

Pros

Great mission and culture, very fast-paced, you won't be bored, Good work-life balance depending on the department, opportunities to learn and grow if you step up and take them, great benefits package

Cons

Constant change in direction and focus can be frustrating, lack of communication, not a lot of opportunities for junior talent to move up

"review"

I have been working at Danone full-time

Pros

culture, family-like company, trainings, mission

Cons

too much out-of office work, late working hours