Danone Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Danone CEO Emmanuel Faber
Emmanuel Faber

Pros
  • Work-life balance is prioritised and ensured to keep employees helaty and most efficient during wokr hours (in 18 reviews)

• la hauteur du travail fourni et l'ambiance de travail est tr (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • However Danone work hard to try and reduce this by improving Work-Life balance (in 13 reviews)

• s grande charge de travail pour un manager (in 8 reviews)

"Working here was the biggest mistake I ever made in my career"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Danone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There weren't any pros to working here. The only reason I gave them 1 star is because no stars is not an option.

Cons

Culture was awful, leadership followed "do as I say, not as I do" model
    HR was completely useless in employee issues
    French employees were constantly talking about how "stupid" Americans were to not buy $2 branded bottle water from France and instead drank American water
    No career advancement
    I was told nothing but lies when I was recruited
    If you speak against or report bad behavior of a member of the CODI be prepared to have your credibility called into question while you watch that person get promoted
    I actually had a VP get drunk and tell me which of the girls in the office he liked looking at and which he didn't in graphic detail
    Constant layoffs and transitioning due to bad business decisions by management
    Management never held accountable for any actions

Advice to Management

Clean house and bring in all new leadership team that will hold each other and the employees accountable

"Yocrunch is not a good company to work for. Certain team on management are unpleasant and unprofessional."

Pros

I can't think of one good thing this company does . They do not treat there employees equal.
    I am surprised they are still in business!

Cons

Don't get hurt or have cancer. They will get rid of you. If you aren't involved with certain clicks. Horrible conditions, nobody cares, only there for a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Be Humble or leadership classes.

"Danone Turkey Completely Sucks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Pros

It's an entreprenurial company when compared with other multinationals in Turkey, the compensation package is similar to other multinationals.

Cons

You can't talk about the leadership qualities of Danone Turkey because there is no such thing. A lot of people have been fired due to operational issues and leadership team can't handle this operation. There is too much frustration within the company, basically non-Danone people are not wellcome in here.

If you are thinking about coming to Danone Turkey think twice

Advice to Management

Well my advice will be their resignation because it's obvious that they can't overcome the obstacles in Turkey. I find it almost impossible for Danone to become successfull in Turkey without an acquisition.

"Not a company you would want to stay with in the long run."

Pros

Benefits are good. No micro managing.

Cons

They promote incompetent people and lay off smart individuals that are good at their position.

Advice to Management

No advancement. The Company likes to hire from the outside.

"Stay away from this company if you are in Russia"

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Danone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong and healthy products, R&D is the best in diary industry and has huge investments into development of new products

Cons

Self-explanatory - for the last year more than 20 people left marketing out of 45 and the rest are searching for the new jobs. Danone is a chauvinistic company as all the management team in Russia are French, the internal politics is common. Overall the company is under pressure and not growing.

Advice to Management

You would better clean up the mess in Danone Russia very quickly (especially in marketing), otherwise the situation might deteriorate even further. One of recruiters from the head hunter agency complained, that nobody from the pool of available candidates on the Russian job market wants to work there and there is a negative buzz about Danone as HR brand.

"To call the experience dreadful would be an understatement."

Former Employee - Danone Baby Nutrition in Bath, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Danone Baby Nutrition in Bath, England (UK)

I worked at Danone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- good image based on marketing material they give away;
    - apparently employee-friendly policies (although I never witnessed them)
    - Joined to get experience in the sector

Cons

Pretty much everything but will structure more below:
    - People. I've had the worst experience of my life working for this company. I joined with the expectation of becoming a part of the Danone community that they so much advertise internally; in return I was treated like an outsider from the outset as the majority of people there had the same upbringing, values, culture, eating habits, discussion topics; I was the odd man out. It soon became clear to me I could not integrate in this company;

- Management. Very bad and utterly destructive. In the department I worked, all communication was taken place on an horizontal dimension, basically all bosses would stick together for better and worse and turn against their own individual employees when required.Another point: work expertise; every so often, managers would have absolutely no clue of the work their subordinates were doing every day. In moments of crisis, they would be totally stuck and helpless and then would blame the subordinates for making a mistake and incurring costs on the company. If things went well, they would take the credit; if things went badly, they would be the first to explode and put all evil on the back of their subordinates.

- Defficient communication - this company is the best example of how double-standards are best practised in a corporate environment. On the facade, Danone advocates open, honest communication;in reality, there was none of it in the department I was working. If for example, you did something wrong, nobody would come to tell you directly and help you improve; by contrast they would approach their own bosses, HR, or any other parties, apart from yourself. By the time you get to hear anything at all, everyone else knows very well what all is wrong with you. Dreadful approach.

- Extremely hierarchical in reality - Danone promotes itself of a great company with a wide range of benefits where everyone gets on with everyone and everyone works together for the common good of the company. Sounds a bit socialist, doesnt it? Well, the reality is quite different. If you join new, bosses in the entire department will expect you to behave in a certain way just because they are sitting at the ruling desk (and yes, watch out, there is actually a management row of desks in this department where all bosses sit by themselves, far from their teams, I think this needs no further explanation)...

And sadly, there is so much more, I could write a book about the emotional misery incurred on me by this company, but it's high time I moved on.

If I were you, I would conduct the background check carefully before joining the Danone world. Good luck!

Advice to Management

Yes, please see above the references to management.

"Pathetic culture and dysfunctional setup"

Former Employee - Marketing in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Danone full-time

Pros

Free yogurt that you get in the office..thats about it!

Cons

Unaligned and dysfunctional setup. They can restructure the organization in a day and from one department shift you to another(despite your career path) or simply ask you to leave! With no clear reasoning. Too much politics and management makes fake plans till their temporary tenure and the lower management takes the brunt of their mistakes. No job security or even department security..they could shift you from supply chain to research! No clear career paths and everyone is working in circles and trying to make the other look bad, instead of focusing on the present problems in hand. No strong leaders and airheads running the show...!

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and share your worries with the lower management
    Work as a team, and not a dictator set up on which you alienate the hardworker and put your mistakes on a poor scapegoat. Own up to your mistakes and solve them. stop the blame game!You will lose and are losing good employees who will never even think of ever returning back

"Many opportunity areas"

Pros

Career Development, It is posible to innovate.

Cons

No processess, need standardization in almost every matter amongst subsidiaries. No work and life balance.

Advice to Management

Need more experienced profiles, Many junior positions.

"Good company to learn not to grow"

I worked at Danone full-time

Pros

-They let you model your position any way you want
    - Average young people
    - Diversity

Cons

-Zero training
    -Politics Politics
    - Low salaries
    - Not people oriented

"Danone nutricia"

I have been working at Danone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At one time it was learning

Cons

After integration of danone CBU a lot of dissatisfaction in employees .

Advice to Management

Top leadership should think/respect team mates .