Dante Reviews | Glassdoor

Pierre Malko

1. "Senior Principal"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Dante (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, excellent product, upper management interested in developing team, lots of internal workshops, easy access to the decision makers

Cons

Not on metro, no telecommuting, new product demands lots of calls and intense network, little privacy because of office sharing

Sep 28, 2016 – Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Thank you for your feedback!

2. "Great place to work, learn, and excel"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant - Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Dante full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- An excellent CEO. He is a visionary and a nice person who takes good care of his employees.

- There is always something new and challenging at Dante that you can be a part of; keeping you in-tune with the changing market and technologies.

- Relaxed environment.

- Employees are encouraged to step up, un-box their creativity, and avail the company sponsored programs to hone their skill set.

- Lot of happy hours, company breakfast and lunches

Cons

Nothing I can think of that could impact my professional/personal experience

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "Be up for the challenge"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Relaxed environment allows creativity to flow

Cons

Prepare to struggle to survive

Aug 10, 2015 – Senior Director, Human Capital Management

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your time at Dante. We agree that it is a relaxed environment that fosters creativity! We are the right place for those who like to challenge themselves and grow ... More

5. "Still a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dante full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flat organization and excellent esprit-de-corps. All roles and levels participate in the formulation of company strategy and execution of the business plan.

Cons

Commute -- sometimes 66 jams up at the worst times!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great Company,Culture and People"

Former Employee - Principal in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Principal in Arlington, VA

I worked at Dante full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Culture in the company always believes in continuous improvement and lean methodology.
    Great place to learn and grow.
    Really take good care of its employees in all aspects. These folks really mean it when they say "we are a family"

Cons

The Commute to Arlington is not the best. Due to flexible hours i was always used to wait until 9.00 AM to take the 66 HOV.

"Technical Specialist"

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Arlington, VA

I worked at Dante full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the culture at Dante. I had the pleasure of working with talented and innovative people. You are encouraged to learn and develop and truly chart your own course. The company is very flat from an org chart perspective and the CEO is accessible and interested in hearing from everyone and engaging in conversations and debates. There is a true camaraderie among the staff and HR is very open and engaging, wants to know about what is going on and encourages employees to share ideas.

Cons

They don't promote/support working from home. shared/team ofices

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Apr 16, 2015 – Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Thank you for your feedback! It's important to hear the positives and room-to-improves! We find the open floor space promotes conversation and collaboration among the teams. Although we don't ... More

"Software Developer"

I worked at Dante full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people/peers. Ready to help, Collaborative.Challenging work. The people/peers are/will be the best part of Dante. Highly skilled and that motivates you as well. Built some great friendships.

Cons

From 2014 everything went south. So many missteps that it's almost a good model on how not to transition into a product company. Senior management just sends emails 24/7 demanding people to work and made to look guilty if you don't. You always need to be on the beck and call even if its a weekend or 3 am on a weekday .You cannot work from home but expected to work non-office hours all the time. CEO has a good vision but has the wrong set of people in management to execute that vision. After poor sales, People were promised that it was going to be a billion dollar company but 50% were laid off 3 months later because there were virtually no sales. HR can be unprofessional and inappropriate.

Please don't trust the "Keep up the good work" reviews especially from former employees unless keeping up the good work means going downhill.

Advice to Management

Keep the people who actually develop software and fire the senior management who don't know how to lead product development. Get someone who's professional and knows what he's doing.

""Had potential, then took too many wrong turns""

I worked at Dante full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with some of the smartest people in my software development career so far.
    Truly learned the development life-cycle, with an opportunity to work on this features i had an interest in on the back & front end.
    The work environment was laid-back (clothing-wise) and fellow employees were fun people

Cons

Review process is non-existent, leading to contributions not being recognized and thus not being compensated with raises accordingly.
    Hybrid Scrum/Kanban process is never followed.
    No work from home policy even though they had remote employees working from home everyday.
    Employees are guilt tripped into leaving favorable glassdoor reviews (don't be fooled by the "over" excitement in other reviews).
    Work/Life balance is terrible, the only way to shine in this company is if you give your life to them while working a regular schedule leaves you being considered a bad employee
    401k matching is non-existent for several years now.
    HR can be unprofessional
    No faith in Upper Managements ability to get clients, and they should consider going back to contracting.

Advice to Management

Company increased the release period far too late, while everybody was getting burnt out with weekly releases. This would have been fine if they followed Kanban procedures instead of guilt-tripping employees into working faster than was necessary to get stories into every release.

Apr 8, 2015 – Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Thank you for your feedback! You may have left Dante prior to our relatively new 360 review process. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive now for the past two cycles that it has been ... More

"If you enjoy learning constantly this is the place to work."

Current Employee - Architect in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Architect in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dante full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There hasn't been a boring day ever since I started 4-ish years ago. I was able to quickly work my way up from someone who is very green to an effective member of the team and all it took was hard work and dedication to learning.
    One of the greatest things about working at Dante is that bettering yourself means bettering the company. As long as I'm learning about how to become a better Software Developer then I know I am doing my part to make Dante a better place.
    By working here you are exposed to everything related to software development. I can confidently say that I am proficient at business development, client demonstrations, architecting solutions, implementing solutions, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, development operations. This is all because Dante has given me the opportunity to learn about all of these aspects.

Cons

If there were any cons worth mentioning then I wouldn't work here.

Feb 19, 2015 – Senior Director, Human Capital Management

WOW!!!!! This is some powerful feedback that exemplifies the true success story at Dante!!!! Thank you so much for your feedback, but more importantly, your hard work, dedication to innovation, and ... More

"Variety and challenge"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dante full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dante's central product -- the Allegory Platform -- is used by a variety of businesses, large and small. When you work at Dante, you are constantly challenged to understand new business domains. The thrill of seeing a customer's storefront (and other supporting business processes) come to life in Allegory makes the hard work worth it.

Cons

Working under tight deadlines to deliver new features into the Allegory platform.

Advice to Management

Pick a small number of priorities and deliver.

Jun 5, 2014 – Senior Director, Human Capital Management

Great feedback! Keep it coming!!!