Daptiv Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jim Byrnes
1 Rating

1. "Amazing companies that couldn't sustain"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Daptiv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing, passionate, talented employees
    Trusted management team that took care of their people
    Product that consistently delivered what customers were looking for

Cons

Unfortunately like all good things, they come to an end. The company was purchased and was never the same.

Advice to Management

There are very little managers there from the time it was a small company with big goals. Unless the new company wants to encourage the passion of the remaining people, it's doomed to fail.

2. "Partner"

Current Employee - Partner in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Partner in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Daptiv full-time

Pros

Growing company
    Great work environment
    Fun industry

Cons

Small company
    High expectations
    Very casual
    I'm not sure what else to write but I have to enter something to fill this out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"People vs Profit"

I worked at Daptiv full-time

Pros

Free coffee, free bus pass, awesome coworkers

Cons

Salary is bare, you basically stay at the same rate you were hired on until you "switch departments" and good luck with that. It feels as though management is preventing upward mobility and also stifling your pay raise and growth. Would love it if they offered mentorship in other departments that may interest the employee. They say you need more experience but how can you garner that experience if you aren't even provided with a chance to learn?

Advice to Management

Listen to your departments. Focus more on your people instead of just on your profit.

5. "Meh"

I worked at Daptiv full-time

Pros

The company had a great atmosphere. Relaxed and fun.

Cons

The new managers were very uptight and destroyed the happy fun atmosphere

Advice to Management

Go back to microsoft

6. "Engineering gets what they need to get the job done."

Current Employee - Senior Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Developer

I have been working at Daptiv (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to learn and thrive

Cons

Can't think of anything right now.

"A good firm with lots of churn"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Daptiv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engineering team takes their product and job seriously, demonstrating excellent craftsmanship and are adopting modern best practices, which is a must for a SaaS company.

Cons

Salaries could not compete with larger software firms in the Seattle area and so good engineering talent would often churn a lot.

Company has a rocky past with poor guidance from upper management and struggles to develop a healthy culture that attracts talent.

Advice to Management

Find talented managers and pay extra to keep them around, they will in-turn attract engineering talent which will help the product.

8. "Terrible senior management"

Former Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Daptiv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee. Free transportation pass.

Cons

Senior "leadership" was a bunch of empty shirts when I was there. VPs sleeping with their underlings, a clueless CEO. Fired people with no cause, did not develop young employees. This was a few years ago, looks like not much has changed.

Advice to Management

Hire people with integrity.

9. "Loved the product , didn't like the management team at the end. They laid people off with no plan."

Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Daptiv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team and easy product except for the BI back end.

Cons

Very little chance for new salespeople to make it. They hire the salespeople to get a territory started and then lay them off. Not enough product vision.

Advice to Management

Respect knowledge and passion

10. "Stay away from this company, the management will hold you back"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA

I worked at Daptiv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros of working at Daptiv are the engineers and the environment they create. The engineers are very helpful, teach you a lot of great topics, and just overall nice, smart people.

Cons

The top 4 reasons are below.

1. Insurance. They are not good. They do the job, but you have to use a supplemental insurance on top of the primary, which no one has ever heard of, which makes it painful to get setup with all the companies you need to do so.
    2. Management. Your management seems nice and caring but they are just making sure you are doing what you’re supposed to in the way they see fit and they will lie or misguide you with what they say to ensure that that happens. Additionally, when you find yourself ready to move on, they will seem like they want you and ask you to stay, but they will actually walk you out the back door the a couple days later without allowing you to grab your things or say goodbye to anyone. Also, the management has 1-on-1s often my manager wasn't there on my scheduled time, nor did he reschedule them even if I requested to do so. Our meetings were almost always business only, we never did just have a good conversation with each other when we just didn't have anything business related to talk about.
    3. HR. You have to talk with their HR, who is from the company that owns them, in California. I have never had success with this person ever. I tried to get them to discuss the possibility of partial support for those who drove and parked for work. She said she would look into it. But never got back to me, and she ignored all of my further responses to get updates. She also never updated my address when I moved, so she just in general seems unorganized, overworked, and/or under qualified for her job. If something they say doesn't seem right, you should check with people outside the company that understand those things just to ensure what they say is correct.
    4. Pay. I was quite a bit underpaid and I am sure many other people are too, and it wasn't until people started leaving did people start getting raises. I didn't know how much I was underpaid until other companies started making me offers. Bonuses are a joke, they are based on many things you have no control over, and you are based on everyone's performance from engineering and only the top engineers would ever get a full rating and funny enough, they already have the possibility to get higher bonuses because they get paid more anyways. I was glad I got bonuses but I never felt like anything I could do, except be there forever, would ever get them to raise my bonus. Additionally if you asked them, how do I get to the next level pay or SDEII, etc, they would give you some roundabout examples but ultimately say we don't have a standard for that. It just happens. (Ironically, it started happening when people were leaving)

Advice to Management

Management remember who makes the business... The employees. Take care of your employees and they will take care of you and your customers. Be open and honest to your employees and provide clear and achievable goals that are equally achievable no matter if you are just starting as an new software engineer or you have been an engineer for 10+ years.

11. "A very nice working environment, good management team, smart and talented people around."

Former Employee - Software Engineer III
    Former Employee - Software Engineer III

I worked at Daptiv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Daptiv is a truly agile management company. The management team focuses on result. Pay attentions to contributor's effort. They also encourage learning new skills. One full day after each month release is dedicated for each tech employee to do their own development on any topic, and demo to the reset of the team is really a big plug.

Cons

The minus side is the issuance. It is pretty much a nightmare. Two insurances (Premier Blue Cross and Benmax) never works. You have to track down every health expense yourself is really a pain in an ass.

Advice to Management

Really is the insurance. This problem fixed, everybody will be so happy