Darby Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great company...awesome potential"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Self motivated...great spiffs...opportunity....I love it...dream job....building relationships ...manage needs to be more supportive ...they feed you well...competitive salary..great benefits

Cons

Cold calling management needs to stop micromanagement need more positive feedback

Advice to Management

Keep doing it right

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Darby is a great company

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Nov 16, 2016 – VP, HR

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! From one long term employee to another - I agree, Darby is a great company!

3. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very obvious that the negative reviews on here are from former employees who most likely sucked at their job. Reason why I say that is because I have worked many of sales jobs in my life and Darby Dental is by far the easiest selling job I have ever had. It is a low pressure type of call environment and nothing like a "boiler room". The bad comments are totally coming from past employees who either could not sell and got let go, or did shady things and got caught. You have 8 hours to make 65 calls a day. Thats it! Our prices are so attractive it easy to sell these doctors because they pay a lot more with the competition. The earning potential is amazing and so are the benefits and healthcare with United Healthcare. The managers and supervisors are so kind and helpful and always do whatever they can to make sure we are happy and succeed. Not everyone likes to talk on the phone so if you dont then this job is not for you. I love talking on the phone and building relationships is fun. They love to feed us good food and they dont have too, They do it because they are kind! There are always extra ways to make extra money with spiffs etc. Everyone is super friendly and most people have been with the company for a very long time. It is sad that people who no longer work here would come on this site and tell lies because they were horrible at their job.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. I love Darby

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome

Nov 16, 2016 – VP, HR

Thank you so much for your review! While the sales role may not be for everyone, I am so happy that you are succeeding in the role and have such a positive outlook! You keep being awesome too!

5. "Account Management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Huntington, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Huntington, NY

I worked at Darby Dental (More than a year)

Pros

Good company, good people to work with

Cons

No Direction. Sales managers unhelpful. I believe they cleaned house thoough,

Advice to Management

Happy that it's under new management

Nov 16, 2016 – VP, HR

Thank you so much for your review! We love to hear from former employees that they had a positive experience and enjoyed working at Darby. We have focused on training and development of our ... More

6. "Full time sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Miami, FL

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can make decent money in time . Good paid time off

Cons

Until they make changes at manager nothing will change .

Advice to Management

None as You know it all . No change

Jul 8, 2016 – VP, HR

Thank you for your review and feedback. We take these reviews very seriously and following my trip to the Coral Springs, FL office in June, we made several changes that I hope had a positive impact ... More

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, make your own schedule, paid time off, unlimited earning potential, daily sales contests and incentives, rigorous training program, abundance of leads, they promote from within, business/casual work environment, ability to build a customer base all across the country.

Cons

this job is solely over the phone. you have to make a minimum of 65 calls a day. when you first start out it can be difficult to build a file, it takes time to grow.

Advice to Management

Try not to micro manage so much.

"Great place to work..."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and helpful. The company provides ongoing training and leads. There are plenty of incentive programs to help grow your business. The potential for income is truly unlimited!

Cons

You have to cold call in the beginning to get accounts.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing your knowledge and expertise with us!

9. "Great to work for a company that cares about their employees!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Darby for almost 4 years now and I can honestly say they are by far the most caring, fair, friendly, and successful company I have ever worked for. There are great benefits/401K, a great work/life balance, very flexible schedules, generous Paid time off/holiday pay, and it is also a fantastic place to start and gain experience. One thing that always struck me about this company is it's outstanding stability. The majority of employees here have been employed for 10+ years which speaks volumes about the management team and the company as a whole.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and pay younger talent sufficiently.

"Great Overall Company"

Current Employee - Previous Account Manager in Jericho, NY
    Current Employee - Previous Account Manager in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of ways to earn compensation. Base Salary + commission (no draw) + Vendor Spiffs + Bonuses + Monthly incentives. Management team always tries to be helpful. The Marketing is very good. Software to process order and returns etc. is very robust. Training is also excellent.

Cons

Management availability is sometimes scarce. Building a customer base from the ground up is very challenging but the money is here if you stick with it. More training for the more seasoned reps would be helpful.

Advice to Management

Hire more managers to support the sales people!! Make sure the managers are focused on working with the sales people to grow their territories.

Mar 21, 2016 – VP, HR

Thank you for your review and feedback! Management bandwidth is a struggle and an area in which we are looking to improve. We recently promoted three additional Team Leaders in our sales department ... More

"Worst job ever"

Pros

Decent insurance, occasional free lunch.

Cons

Management, feel like an indentured servant. They promote unqualified people. No holidays, bad salary. Lack of respect forward employees. Stay away, far away.

Advice to Management

Nothing that they would ever listen to, they all know better.

Mar 21, 2016 – VP, HR

Thank you for your review and feedback. I’m sorry that your employment experience with Darby didn’t meet your expectations. We would love the opportunity to discuss your feedback and we are always ... More