Darby Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Caputo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Excellent benefits

Cons

No downsides for me to report on

2. "Room for growth and advancement"

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time

Pros

A place you can easily make a career for yourself. For those willing to work hard you can make a nice living as a sales rep. Opportunities for career growth in other areas as well.

Cons

It is a cold calling job, be able to handle disappointment. You will be held to minimum call thresholds, so some might say being micro managed.

3. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Darby Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, lots of food. When vendors come in they bring lots of good food. Monday through Friday schedule. Some people are nice.

Cons

Poor management, unprofessional and very clicki...they give the new hires bad accounts. I don't think they provide the right tools to new people to be successful. There are people that have been there for a long time so they maintain good accounts.
    My experience there wasn't good at all. Poor training, not a lot of flexibility is given to new hires to negotiate better prices which makes it difficult to maintain loyalty with the doctors.
    How can you sit your new hires far away from their team leaders? How are people supposed to learn sitting next to new people? Think about that.

Advice to Management

Get more creative with your training. Instead of handing the new people a catalog, go through the products that sell the most or that these offices need. The product training wasn't interactive you had a guy from NY teach product via conference call. That's poor training. If he is the best you have then fly him down for a week and have him break it down so that people understand better how to sell these products since there are so many but the seasoned reps know what to offer and how to really pitch the product.

Mar 1, 2017 – VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I appreciate your honesty and will pass your feedback along to the sales management team. I absolutely agree that perks like a flexible... More

4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Darby is a great company

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Nov 16, 2016 – VP, HR

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! From one long term employee to another - I agree, Darby is a great company!

5. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very obvious that the negative reviews on here are from former employees who most likely sucked at their job. Reason why I say that is because I have worked many of sales jobs in my life and Darby Dental is by far the easiest selling job I have ever had. It is a low pressure type of call environment and nothing like a "boiler room". The bad comments are totally coming from past employees who either could not sell and got let go, or did shady things and got caught. You have 8 hours to make 65 calls a day. Thats it! Our prices are so attractive it easy to sell these doctors because they pay a lot more with the competition. The earning potential is amazing and so are the benefits and healthcare with United Healthcare. The managers and supervisors are so kind and helpful and always do whatever they can to make sure we are happy and succeed. Not everyone likes to talk on the phone so if you dont then this job is not for you. I love talking on the phone and building relationships is fun. They love to feed us good food and they dont have too, They do it because they are kind! There are always extra ways to make extra money with spiffs etc. Everyone is super friendly and most people have been with the company for a very long time. It is sad that people who no longer work here would come on this site and tell lies because they were horrible at their job.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. I love Darby

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome

Nov 16, 2016 – VP, HR

Thank you so much for your review! While the sales role may not be for everyone, I am so happy that you are succeeding in the role and have such a positive outlook! You keep being awesome too!

6. "Account Management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Huntington, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Huntington, NY

I worked at Darby Dental (More than a year)

Pros

Good company, good people to work with

Cons

No Direction. Sales managers unhelpful. I believe they cleaned house thoough,

Advice to Management

Happy that it's under new management

Nov 16, 2016 – VP, HR

Thank you so much for your review! We love to hear from former employees that they had a positive experience and enjoyed working at Darby. We have focused on training and development of our... More

7. "Full time sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Miami, FL

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can make decent money in time . Good paid time off

Cons

Until they make changes at manager nothing will change .

Advice to Management

None as You know it all . No change

Jul 8, 2016 – VP, HR

Thank you for your review and feedback. We take these reviews very seriously and following my trip to the Coral Springs, FL office in June, we made several changes that I hope had a positive impact... More

8. "Great company...awesome potential"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Self motivated...great spiffs...opportunity....I love it...dream job....building relationships ...manage needs to be more supportive ...they feed you well...competitive salary..great benefits

Cons

Cold calling management needs to stop micromanagement need more positive feedback

Advice to Management

Keep doing it right

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, make your own schedule, paid time off, unlimited earning potential, daily sales contests and incentives, rigorous training program, abundance of leads, they promote from within, business/casual work environment, ability to build a customer base all across the country.

Cons

this job is solely over the phone. you have to make a minimum of 65 calls a day. when you first start out it can be difficult to build a file, it takes time to grow.

Advice to Management

Try not to micro manage so much.

"Great place to work..."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Darby Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and helpful. The company provides ongoing training and leads. There are plenty of incentive programs to help grow your business. The potential for income is truly unlimited!

Cons

You have to cold call in the beginning to get accounts.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing your knowledge and expertise with us!