KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

5.0
Darigold President and CEO  Stan Ryan
Stan Ryan

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Darigold and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

No micromanaging

Nov 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Darigold was my first taste of being given full autonomy in my job role. At previous companies, I was always being watched over like a hawk. Every move I made was scrutinized and I felt like I was working under a microscope. Here, they give you all the company-specific info you need, train you, outline your duties and responsibilities, and then give you space to actually do them. If I ever needed assistance or further guidance, I need only ask and I was given all the help I need. But other than that, I was left to my own devices during my work day. It was an unexpectedly wonderful perk to working for Darigold, and when I began looking for employment elsewhere it was my second top priority (after pay).

Cons

I didn’t see the opportunities for growth that I was looking for out of my career. I want to be in a managerial position within a company after about 2 years and they require more commitment from their employees.

Darigold Response

Thank you for your feedback! Thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with our team and the work you did. That positive experience with us and the management you work with is something we strive for. Improvement is also something we are always looking at and appreciate your feedback about moving up. -The HR Team

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Tried and True

Oct 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s easy working for such a well-established company that already has everything figured out All necessary systems and processes are in place, you just have to follow them Job roles are clearly outlined and nothing is expected outside of one’s given job description Career paths are laid out for those who are willing to put in the time and effort to move up. Management sticks with what they know, so every day is consistent and fairly predictable.

Cons

1. Things aren’t constantly changing day to day – that’s not a con for me, but it’s worth adding to this review so that anyone looking for that kind of environment will know this isn’t it.

Darigold Response

Thank you for your kind review! Thrilled you enjoyed your time here with our team and the role you provided. We are always striving to help our employees grow in their fields through a variety of career paths and love hearing positive feedback about those efforts. -The HR Team

3. 5.0

Darigold deserves every star

Sep 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ll preface this by saying that I don’t always agree with all of management’s decisions and I’m definitely not their cheerleader, but over time I’ve got to hand it to them because they always have their priorities straight and they always do what’s best for all of us in the long run. They also put a lot of focus on building a great culture here. I took it for granted when I first started out, but I can see clearly now how it’s a direct result of the way management runs things and the decisions they make on a daily basis. Their passion for creating an environment where their staff can thrive is why Darigold deserves no less than a five-star review.

Cons

Based on my experience at the company I would say the biggest “con” is just that management doesn’t always do the best job at communicating the why behind a lot of their decisions. At first some of them can seem jarring and it’s difficult to understand. It took me over a year to notice the patterns and start to piece together the thinking behind the things they do.

4. 5.0

Zero regrets

Aug 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started out at Darigold and I’ll never regret it. It was the perfect intro into the industry. I learned everything I could ever need to know and then some. I met some amazing people who I’m still friends with today. I got references and padded my resume with valuable experience.

Cons

I don’t regret a moment of my time here. It was worthwhile and beneficial to my overarching career goals.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic pay and benefits

Aug 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Darigold is a company that actually pays people what they’re worth and looks after its employees. They don’t take us for granted, and the level of appreciation we’re shown on the daily is enough to keep me loyal to this company for many more years to come.

Cons

I am happy here and have nothing bad to say about it. I don’t think of it as there being any cons.

6. 5.0

Family-like company culture

Jun 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s just one big family here at Darigold. We have a lot of love and respect for one another and that’s something that comes across right away. You don’t have to work here long to feel like part of the family.

Cons

Just like in an actual family there’ll be times when your coworkers annoy you or get under your skin, but we approach issues with the same underlying love and respect for one another that family members have and we always get through it together.

7. 5.0

Good union work

Jun 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some people love unions, some people hate them. Me, I’m a union man and I like working for a company where after almost 3 years, the union has been practically unnecessary. We’re not constantly fighting for our rights because the higher ups here aren’t constantly trying to take them away.

Cons

There aren’t any. And if there were, the union would put them right back in their place.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Employee safety is their #1 priority

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They follow every single safety guidelines to a T. Some of the lazier workers would complain about all the extra “unnecessary” steps they had to take to get their work done, but it was something I greatly appreciated when I worked here. To me, following safety guidelines is a sign of a company that actually cares and sees its employees as people.

Cons

My family moved out of state. Otherwise I would still be working at Darigold today.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

100+ years in business = excellent job security

May 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sure a company that’s been around for over a century is going to be able to survive with or without you, but Darigold never makes its employees feel like we don’t matter and once we’re hired on we’ve got a job for life. As long as you do your job and don’t abuse their kindness (showing up late, cutting corners, taking supplies home) you don’t have to worry about a thing. They’re good about conducting annual reviews on time and in my over 10 years of working here I’ve never NOT received a raise after an annual review. The benefits are fantastic and now that I’m typing it all out I really can’t see what anyone would have to complain about.

Cons

Like I said, I honestly don’t see what there is to complain about. It may not be the “dream job” but it pays the bills and you’re valued and treated with respect.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

First rate experience

May 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The experience I gained working at Darigold was extremely valuable, both professionally and personally. I learned a great deal more than I was expecting – not just about business, but about myself as well. I met incredible people who taught me the value of a strong work ethic and time management skills and I had the incredible luck to work under one of the company’s best managers who took me under his wing and did more to further my career ambitions than every year of schooling combined. It was an experience unlike any other and I’ll forever be grateful for every moment and every lesson.

Cons

My time at Darigold helped me realize my true potential, so the only con to working here is that once you realize what you’re fully capable of, you might also realize that this is not the career where that potential will be actualized.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews