KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 6 of over 283 reviews

2.1
Darigold President and CEO  Stan Ryan
Stan Ryan

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Darigold and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Nice Place to Work!

Mar 22, 2017 - National Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not sure what others see-Darigold is privately owned which is a plus, in my case a responsive management that encourages employee development. If you do your job well in my case it's hands off and do what you need to do, when you need to do it-great manager I work with and the top level has been very inclusive in asking for my input on strategy moving forward. The work environment is open and communicative.

Cons

Up to this point, divisions haven't worked well together and there's always the ops versus sales issues-seeing some real integration there to address however.

1 person found this review helpful

feedback@darigold.com

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and for over 8 years of service to the company. It is great to hear that you have a good relationship with your manager and enjoy your work environment! We agree that the people we work with are one of the greatest perks of working at Darigold. Increasing communication on all levels of the company has been and will continue to be a priority, and we believe there are many more positive changes to come!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Mostly good people, need practices to identify and manage inadequate leaders

Jan 7, 2020 - Commercial Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Much of the company is composed of reliable, talented, honest people - Many opportunities for personal growth and exposure to different functions - Some great departments/teams to work with

Cons

- Parts of leadership team uninformed how their department’s activity impacts the income statement. Roll the dice each month and hope for the best. - No accountability or course corrections with poor performers or bad strategy - No channel to voice concerns. Information flows to dept head then disappears. - Below market pay

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisiton and Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you had a generally positive experience with your coworkers, and found opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. We're always looking to improve and would appreciate hearing your thoughts on how we can better identify and address management issues by contacting us at feedback@darigold.com. Thanks!

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Welcome to the big boys club.

Apr 16, 2014 - Customer Service in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Corporate office: Tuition reimbursement program, excellent company contributed & matched 401k, great healthcare benefits, decent pay, fantastic dairy products.

Cons

Corporate office: Super top heavy company, majority are male. If you are a woman, you rarely make it to management and if you do, you are treated unfairly. Too many interpersonal secret relationships among managers which is no fun to work under.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Downright Terrible

Dec 22, 2012 - Customer Service in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free milk, low cost butter, 401k

Cons

Management and employees are terrible. We have to log out to the minute when to take a break and when we go to lunch. Talk about micromanaging! Lots of turnover and it very clique-y, male dominated, and people who stay but really should go. No soul and walking zombies.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Stay Away!

Nov 22, 2012 - Customer Service in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Longevity from 1918, veteran employees with 20+ years of service

Cons

Employees are aloof, several firings, poor quality managers, disengaged employees, poor morale and lack of trust at all levels, executives do not act on important matters rather they just kick the can down the road.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Account Manager

May 22, 2017 - Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

large portfolio of items to sell. Main competitors were limited

Cons

limited upward mobility. company had bad reputation with customers. many trust issues

2 people found this review helpful

feedback@darigold.com

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and I apologize that Darigold did not meet your expectations as an employer. For nearly 100 years we have taken great pride in our portfolio of fresh, high-quality & nutritious dairy products, and our ability to deliver them to our customers around the world. Open-communication and trust is a top priority for us and something we will continuously work to improve upon for our customers and employees. We strive to empower our employees with the necessary skills & resources to grow within the company to allow us to promote from within whenever possible, unfortunately this is not always a guarantee. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors & thank you for your review.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews