KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 23, 2021

Found 5 of over 283 reviews

Darigold President and CEO  Stan Ryan
Stan Ryan

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Darigold and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Quality Company & Products

Dec 23, 2016 - Finance in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible hours and great work/life balance. I work with hard working employees who are team players. Even though I have only worked for the company a short time (under a year) I feel my work is appreciated. Free dairy products!

Cons

Being an older company growth is slow, but in return makes for a steady job. There is a divide between tenured employees and newer employees, this seems to be changing slowly.

4 people found this review helpful

Darigold Response

feedback@darigold.com

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are glad you have enjoyed your time with Darigold thus far, and that you feel your hard work is appreciated. We are constantly working to improve our employees experience with the company and agree that open communication is very important in doing so. If you have anymore suggestions we would love to continue the conversation at feedback@darigold.com.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good benefits, decent pay, OK culture

May 23, 2021 - Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are really solid. Pay is average for Seattle area companies that aren’t FAANG big tech. Work life balance isn’t too bad. Interesting business model.

Cons

It really depends on which group you’re part of. Some groups have management who still think they work at big ag companies like Cargill and extract every last . Other groups have leaders who believe in work life balance and not burning their people out and running them into the ground. Corporate culture is inconsistent. Top leadership is obsessed with getting everyone back into the office full time when major industrial companies like Ford Motor Company and food/beverage companies like Starbucks are offering hybrid/remote work options post pandemic.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Current Employee

Manager dependent

Apr 11, 2021 - Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong strategy that looks good for the future. Some really great managers. Starting DEI journey. Good 401k offer.

Cons

Old school management, and micro managers in Finance. No consideration for hybrid working "post pandamic". Pay is not competitive for Seattle.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with Outdated Management Styles

Jul 15, 2019 - Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice folks, plenty of work to do, supplying a need to customers and communities is very fulfilling and lots of food all the time

Cons

Outdated management styles, buracracy and politics, and do not act on management and employee relations until its too late. Very reactive managment style not proactive. They will hold on to bad managment and lose good workers.

3 people found this review helpful

Darigold Response

Talent Acquisiton and Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad to hear that you enjoy your coworkers and feel a sense of purpose with what we provide our communities. At Darigold we are constantly looking to improve, and would appreciate the opportunity to hear your thoughts on how we can be more proactive in our management structure by contacting us at feedback@darigold.com. Thanks!

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Senior Leadership

Oct 22, 2012 - Finance in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistency in the divisions. Executives know what needs to be done at each of the divisions, supply chain and the NDA group.

Cons

Finance and IT are very weak. Leadership wants to be meaningful but is to concerned about fitting in and being liked. A lot of meetings or talk but not much action. Style limits grow of staff unless you agree with the leader of the group. Very little risk taking. Address all the safe things but back down if politics of office are difficult. Leader of group really wants to be liked and needed. Says all the right things but actions do not match. At times you feel like a six year old is this group. Only upside is if you are willing to sell your sole you'll survive. But if you want to learn and grow this is not the organization to be in you should work for one of the other groups. Finance and IT are also more concerned with how important they are than in listening to the plants and sales groups. Dictate to them but don't listen. This comes from the top.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews