KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.1
Darigold President and CEO  Stan Ryan
Stan Ryan

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Darigold and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Excellent company!

Jun 15, 2021 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership team all the way up the operations chain. Strong, visionary CEO. Great place to make a career. Value their people and making strong inroads towards diversity equity and inclusion. Would and do recommend to my own family and friends. Not many CPG companies that come close to matching benefits either. Lots of smart tenured union and salaried employees alike.

Cons

There are opportunities here like everywhere else, but I do not view them as cons. There are no real cons to working for one of the most historic brands in the Pacific Northwest.

2. 4.0

NA

Jun 3, 2021 - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice culture and senior managers

Cons

A few opportunities to grow

3. 5.0

I love working here!

Apr 28, 2021 - IT Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s exactly as I wrote in the title. I love working here! Darigold has a fantastic company culture that focuses much on its energy on providing a safe environment. The product is high-quality and trusted by customers. The benefits were surprisingly good. The healthcare benefits are a little bit on the expensive side but they sure as heck beat any of the benefits I’ve had to date.

Cons

Some drama amongst certain staff members.

4. 4.0

Fair

Apr 20, 2021 - IT Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable employer and overall good teams

Cons

Slow old systems and policies

5. 5.0

Career development

Apr 1, 2021 - Production Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has taken steps to provide better feedback to employees. Career development became a primary focus a few years back and has had time to develop and flourish. There was once upon a time where career development sat on the backburner and more than a few employees eventually left dissatisfied. Now that there’s a clear path of progression it provides a clearer sense of purpose for employees at all levels in the organization.

Cons

As some of my colleagues have pointed out we need more consistency. As the saying goes, slow and steady wins the race.

6. 2.0

Warehouse Manager

Mar 29, 2021 - Warehouse Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Once your in the Milk Plant there is no leaving...

Cons

Politics - Plant Management better like you

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Terrific People

Feb 1, 2021 - Production Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, Strong Executive Leadership Team

Cons

There were no CONS, it is what you make of it.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Mostly good people, need practices to identify and manage inadequate leaders

Jan 7, 2020 - Commercial Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Much of the company is composed of reliable, talented, honest people - Many opportunities for personal growth and exposure to different functions - Some great departments/teams to work with

Cons

- Parts of leadership team uninformed how their department’s activity impacts the income statement. Roll the dice each month and hope for the best. - No accountability or course corrections with poor performers or bad strategy - No channel to voice concerns. Information flows to dept head then disappears. - Below market pay

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisiton and Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you had a generally positive experience with your coworkers, and found opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. We're always looking to improve and would appreciate hearing your thoughts on how we can better identify and address management issues by contacting us at feedback@darigold.com. Thanks!

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Outdated plant lacking support and resources

May 17, 2019 - Quality Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive benefits, some plants are located in decent areas of the NW

Cons

At the plant level all departments are spread very thin and 95% of the job is firefighting. The company is trying to build a continuous improvement culture, however the lack of staffing makes it near impossible. Continuous improvement doesn't happen in a room full of managers, yet the number of hourly employees is so sparse that they realistically do not have the time to contribute, especially dealing with failing outdated equipment daily. The number of responsibilities required for the job was unrealistic in comparison to other dairy manufacturing companies that I have worked for. It was high level stress at all times and very day was a new crisis. Work culture is not great, as a younger female I was constantly treated as incompetent by many individuals. The company claims to be diverse on their website, but this is so far from the truth, especially at the plant level.

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisiton and Employee Engagement Specialist

Hello, thank you for leaving a review. While we are glad you found our benefits package competitive, we are disappointed to hear that the work environment was not up to the standards we strive to implement. As you mentioned, we are building a continuous improvement culture. This will take time to develop to maturity and some gaps may remain during the transition period — but we are working hard to bridge them. In the meantime, we want everyone in this company to feel welcome and appreciated, and employees treating others as incompetent is absolutely not something we tolerate. We would be grateful if you could send more details to feedback@darigold.com, so that we can investigate and address this matter in greater detail.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

General Manager

Jul 3, 2018 - General Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Darigold is growing fast which provides TONS of opportunities for ambitious, forward thinking individuals. I love that I'm able to drive meaningful change that results in bottom line growth. The fast growth has presented business challenges that allow me to grow and learn at a steep curve.

Cons

Some of the old guard is resisting the fast growth and change...they simply want to collect a paycheck. I'd like to see Darigold trim some of the dead weight.

Feedback@Darigold.com

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We are definitely growing our business which brings lots of opportunities for people. We recognize that change can be difficult so we are very focused on sharing information within the organization and soliciting feedback at all levels of the organization in an effort to be grow successfully.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews