KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Darigold

Engaged Employer

Darigold

Add a Review

Darigold Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated Jan 13, 2018

Found 9 of over 278 reviews

4.2
Darigold President and CEO  Stan Ryan
Stan Ryan
Pros
  • "Great people and great pay and benefits(in 17 reviews)

• "Good pay, excellent insurance, good 401k(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No one knows how to achieve a raise or bonus unless of course you are in the favorites team which is very obvious(in 9 reviews)

• "You may or may not matter to your direct supervisors but upper management could not care less about you, no matter your contributions(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Darigold and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee

losing hope

Jan 13, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I came here five years ago approximately with a great team which has totally changed and not for the better. Some very good and smart people I still work with make it worthwhile. Benefits are pretty good for health and 401k.

Cons

Pay can be slightly low to market. No one knows how to achieve a raise or bonus unless of course you are in the favorites team which is very obvious. New review system makes no sense to how they are doing this and as others have said here we are 'suggested' to write positive reviews to bump our scores up on this site which was a big deal to new leadership a year ago to make it look better - when I think this is to cover up how intimated people are by new leader. I think it is showing in business results now too.

6 people found this review helpful

Darigold Response

Talent Acquisiton and Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your many years of hard work, and for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad that you enjoy working with the people on your team. We strive to make sure our communication to employees is clear, and we’d love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve transparency at feedback@darigold.com. Thanks!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Had its ups and downs (mostly downs)

Mar 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Because it is a union job (for now), the pay is good.

Cons

Management needs major improvement. The number of things that got swept under the rug because no one wanted to deal with them was ridiculous

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Quicksand - Once you are in you cannot escape

Mar 17, 2015 - Supply Chain Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free milk and cottage cheese in the frig plus a catered Thanksgiving meal are definite pluses.

Cons

Where to begin? People here cannot find jobs elsewhere and no one wants to hire a Darigold employee since they are losers in life and on the job. No communications between groups. Extreme passive aggressive back stabbing. No one trusts HR. I came here 2 years ago and the people in my group are a big joke. They get promoted and should really be clerks. This place behaves like the US Government. The leader of HR is never in the office. My advice - look elsewhere or else you will be stuck here like me. Doomed for the rest of my life.

10 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0

Concerned

Nov 16, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free milk and samples of cheeses. Holiday turkey meal

Cons

If you like superficial come here. Take a look at the Supply Chain group. Amazing. That is one of the many dysfunctional groups in this company. People cannot communicate at all in that group or other groups. They walk down the hallway with their iPhones plugged in to avoid eye contact and conversations with other workers. Leadership has no social skills nor do any of his team members. If you want to join a team like this...go for it. It is a dead end. I have been trying to leave this place for years now....no luck...I am stuck here for the rest of my life. I have wasted my life. No one will hire me because Darigold has such a terrible reputation out there in the market place. Don't make the same mistake as me. Avoid this company like Ebola.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

This company could make alot of money, but for now it's a bad soap opera

Jul 29, 2014 - Anonymous in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay if you are willing to live at the plant

Cons

Supervisors aren't allowed to supervise Union is hand in hand with the company No payroll or human resources Corporate is packed with people doing jobs people at the plant already do Customers never get prices raised, never have to return cases or other darigold owned items and they never get charged If you work hard you make the same amount as someone who works only half their shift and sleeps on the job No one even knows the plant manager and most don't know what he looks like Employee parking lot is a drug dealers paradise All extra curricular events are for corporate not for actual labor workers

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Darigolds answer to fix anything including quality issues is to throw another manager in the mix

Feb 3, 2014 - All in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great and the union protects even the laziest workers

Cons

Top heavy in every department Quality manager knows nothing about the process and doesnt seem to care No one knows our plant manager and he's been here for quite a while We have so many managers and they don't enforce any policies whatsoever Morale is so low people make sure the quality of product is great but they take a very long time in doing so Supplies needed are never ordered and aren't a priority Favoritism is shown here and union rules aren't applied Management starts gossip rumors and talks about other managers and employees to anyone

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

What a waste

Oct 7, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k match is very good and free milk in the kitchen is nice

Cons

I have worked there more than 10 years and now i am gone. It is a very depressing place. No one talks to each other.....people are scared they will get fired. I got high blood pressure from working there. My #1 recommendation is if you are considering working at Darigold, stop and move on or else you will be sorry. I wasted my life there, don't make the same mistake!!!

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dari but not Gold

Sep 11, 2013 - Manufacturing in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beni, good 401K plan and match , Pay

Cons

HR from hell. Combative. Not Trust. No Team work. Always watching your back. No reword for hard work or going above and beyond. Rarely see management at night. Sad Culture no one trust the new management. Talk about micromanagement

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0

Sad place

Jun 15, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

None that come to mind.

Cons

I have worked here for 9 years and I have been trying to leave for the last 8 years. No one will hire me. Darigold is toxic and the companies in town know that too. I am stuck here. It is a depressing and sad place. I warn anyone who is thinking about joining....please please reconsider. It is like walking into quicksand.

3 people found this review helpful