Dart Transit Trucking Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dart Transit Trucking President David Oren
David Oren

Pros
  • Very Organized - great ownership (family owned company)- great benefits (in 6 reviews)

• Great company with great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of friends and friends of friends keep finding their way in the door (in 2 reviews)

• The executive team preaches Customer service (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Senior Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Dart Transit Trucking full-time

Pros

Dart is a family owned company that treats there employees like family. I am a 16 year employee going on 17 and have been very happy with my employment at Dart Transit. Very good management and very good place to learn all aspects of the Transportation industry.

Cons

Is a very fast paced environment and the freight and driver environment changes quickly. You have to be on your game at all times to make sure that you are keeping up with the hourly changes in priorities. If you are a good Multi-tasker it shouldn't be an issue.

2. "Safety"

I worked at Dart Transit Trucking full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place but it will never be great

Cons

Office politics depends on what camp your from. But they have some new management now too.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more at annual review time. And quit passing the healthcare costs to them

3. "I'm making half the money now compared to a year ago after management changed the way drivers are paid."

Current Employee - Company Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Company Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dart Transit Trucking full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of work. People know your name. Benefits are OK.

Cons

Trailer shortage. One can spend half a day hunting for a empty.

Advice to Management

Respect your drivers enough to provide necessary equipment to get the job done.

"Service Writer/Data Entry"

Former Employee - Service Writer
    Former Employee - Service Writer

I worked at Dart Transit Trucking full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and good policy

Cons

Management not concerned about employees concerns

"OTR driver"

I have been working at Dart Transit Trucking full-time

Pros

Great training program,they took very good care of me. some of the trainers should not be allowed to train, they've been out here too long, loosing touch with reality. Kept me moving for the most part. Well maintained equipment. Sandy Villagran in Dallas was an awesome recruiter.

Cons

Those subpar employees in Sellersburg. It's as though they are a separate entity from the rest of Dart. They do whatever they want and will treat drivers like a second class citizen if you let them. The A Team doesn't investigate complaints from company drivers. You can call them, but they won't call you back.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone in Sellersburg, they are not a good representation of The Dart Advantage, they are in fact a disadvantage!!!!

7. "Management"

I have been working at Dart Transit Trucking full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Week day hours. Environment is good.Upper management is good.

Cons

Weekend rotation is horrible. Every 3-4 weeks your working a Saturday and Sunday. $$$ insurance. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Work on the weekend shifts. With all that is spent in extra hours to cover, a few FT folks could actually be added to address the issue. It may bring morale back up.

8. "Very misguided leadership. No clear work direction and it's a popularity contest"

Current Employee - Operator in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Operator in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Dart Transit Trucking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money and plenty of overtime opportunities. Great coworkers except for management and supervisors. Ridiculously high standards and expectations with job explanations.

Cons

No clear work direction. I've never worked for a company that management can judge jobs they don't even know and talk to employees with utter disrespect.

Advice to Management

Learn the jobs you manage and give people clear work direction with realistic expectations.

"Account Manager"

I worked at Dart Transit Trucking full-time

Pros

Not many pros here. Pretty generic and uneventful place to work.Starting salary was OK.

Cons

The training at Dart Transit is totally unacceptable. On my first day I was essentially blown off by my supervisor and told to "come back in a little while". So I did. Then, he sat me down next to an individual for a couple of weeks and told be to observe because I would be filling his shoes. No training for the supervisor and no checking in asking how I was doing.Nowhere near enough training and the supervisor is so unapproachable it is a pretty pathetic environment. Working space is dirty. Seemed to me like everyone there really hated what they were doing and couldn't wait to get out of there. Supervisors and management are so terribly equipped and unable to do their job properly it makes you wonder how they landed the job that they did. Lots of friends of friends and family members making there way in the door. Hours are long and a lot of time you can't take a lunch because the work is nonstop looking at dual monitors answers emails all day long as essentially a customer service rep. Have a question? Don't bother asking you'll more than likely get a response like "I'm busy". Enjoy 9 hour shifts that start at 630AM? Then you'll love this job! Raises are small and barely exist. Communication is BRUTAL. I sat next to an individual fresh out of college and watched him for two weeks and then was expected to do my job efficiently. Total joke. Benefits and 401K match are not good.

Advice to Management

Train your new hires. Obviously. We didn't receive a new hire handbook that explained basic procedures until over a month on the job. Supervisors need to be WAY more involved in the training process and actually at least APPEAR approachable. It's too bad, I have a great job now and would have worked hard for them if any sort of help and training was offered. Stay clear of this company is my recommendation.

10. "OK"

Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Eagan, MN

I worked at Dart Transit Trucking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, good training, some management

Cons

HR requires a lateral move before qualifying for a promotion. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Pay the good people what they are worth.

"Detention Collection Specialist"

Former Employee - Detention Collection Specialist in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Detention Collection Specialist in Eagan, MN

I worked at Dart Transit Trucking (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was acceptable. Very hard to find anything else good to say.

Cons

Beware of this position due to the manager having no managerial, people or training skills. A real bully! Small team other 2 employees didn't even know I'd been hired until the day I arrived. Manager left it to them to train and they were not prepared. 30 day review manager advised I was on track. 30 days later, no feedback, I was told I wasn't progressing in training and let go. It wasn't just me she snapped at all of us when she spoke to you. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Be a fair company that provides proper training and feedback. Treat all with respect not just those you favor and family members.