Daryl Flood, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Daryl Flood

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Enjoy Work and Gain Entry Level Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the culture, open book management, friendly environment.

Cons

Depending on your position there is not a lot of flexibility, growth opportunity, or work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Be open minded to new out of the box ways of doing things to attract and retain talent.

2. "The bad with the good"

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time

Pros

I like the actual work that I'm doing, and I am enjoying the learning process.

Cons

There is a LOT of gossip that goes on around the office. It is hard for new people who don't have friends that already work here to find their fit. Employees writing snarky quotes on whiteboards is also not inspiring teamwork like the company preaches.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Help new employees feel more included. Stop the excessive gossip. It is counter productive and extremely distracting.

3. "Sr. relocation coordinator"

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good pay and very good company. Top mayflower agent in the system. Great people

Cons

Long hours, hard to move up and be recognized, very stressful

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees

4. "Warehouse Worker"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Houston, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers & understanding supervisors. They won't hesitate to assist you in anything that you might need help with. Will train you pretty adequately.

Cons

Extremely long hours. Sometimes you'll be sitting on your hands because if a shipment is not on time then theres nothing that you can do. Can be unorganized which then delays you.

Advice to Management

Get more organized

Jul 31, 2016 – Vice President, HR

Thank you for the positive feedback on your co-workers and supervisors. We are glad you had a positive experience with us and thank you for your contribution to our company. We understand the... More

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent managers who really care about their employees. Time off is about average and they are willing to work with you if you need more. Plenty of positions to work remotely, but still maintain a solid office environment. They like to hire from within, so there is plenty of room for growth and additional experience

Cons

There really aren't a whole lot of cons. I really did enjoy my time with Daryl Flood and if I had the opportunity (and geography would allow) I would continue to work there.

Advice to Management

Continue with reviews and great game of business techniques. It really helps to have the "everyone behaves like a manager" mindset

Mar 17, 2016 – Vice President, HR

Thank you for your contribution to our company and the best of luck to you as you move forward. Your comments are much appreciated and we hope you find a new employer that fits you as well as you... More

6. "Mixed Feelings"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst/Billing Clerk in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst/Billing Clerk in Dallas, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am giving 4 stars because I liked the company as a whole. I think that if someone is given the correct tools, the proper employee support, and not treated as though there's a rug under their feet, ready to be pulled, they can succeed.

For the most part, everyone at the company is friendly enough. It is easy to work well with others. Some people you can see being lifelong friends.

My supervisor was great, friendly, always offering help, and never made me feel like I could not ask him questions.

Benefits are great, and there are plenty of opportunities for in-house educational seminars. ADP has benefits too, which can get you discounts places. Pay is good too, and above some competition in the area. I never felt like I was scraping by for no reason.

Mr. Flood is very personable, and very nice. When he meets you, he seems interested in you as a person, and will always ask how your day is. I think that is a very good quality to have in an owner.

Cons

The particular director I had talked to others, especially on the phone, like garbage. I cannot believe anyone can call themselves professional and still curse at others and berate them and use abusive language. It made me wonder if she would talk to others in our department in that way.

Training was inadequate. Retraining was practically non-existent. I did not feel supported in my role by my director.

Protocol per the handbook was not followed. I had one write up, and not a second one, prior to my dismissal. I know Texas is an at-will state, but I was under the impression that the business contract had to be followed.

Open door policy does not feel like it is welcomed. When your director is well-liked by those who are higher in command, it is difficult to discuss issues within the department. It is a very lonely place to be in.

Advice to Management

Have supervisors train new employees, not the favorite employee. The most personable person is not always the best one at their job.

Also, SOPs are so important to this business. They bring more stability, make everyone's department more reliable, and are a valuable tool. It was very disappointment to not have one.

Please let there be an open-door policy. I know everyone says there is one, but it did not feel that way.

Mar 18, 2016 – Vice President, HR

Thank you for your balanced response. I appreciate that even though your experience with your director was not positive, you still found positive things to say about the company as a whole. I will... More

7. "Financial Analyst"

Pros

Great place to work, everyone is friendly and the management is supportive.

Cons

Quick turnaround for rating files can create stressful days.

Jan 19, 2016 – Vice President, HR

Thank you for your post. We are delighted you find this a great place to work and that you feel supported by your fellow employees and management. We're working on that workload issue you refer to... More

"Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours were really great.

Cons

There is no room for growth. There is no training. The company uses up their employees and then discards them like trash.

Jan 30, 2016 – Vice President, HR

As the VP of HR, knowing how to respond to this post is tough. It's always tough when someone connects with our company and has an experience that is much less than what we all desire. Being in a... More

"For those who complain-quit"

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family friendly and supportive, upper management does care about everyone despite your rank in the company, if you aren't religious then when they say a prayer just close your eyes and think about doing something good for somebody. If you think this is the only company with a little office politics going on, you are mistaken. That's anywhere you go. The pay here is great. Compare it to other competitors on glass door. Be grateful . If you want to be promoted, you don't have to be in a good old boys club, you just have to work hard and continue educating yourself. Ask to learn. It won't be handed to you. Somebody noted not to invest in 3pl. Really? Learn how to read the financials. This is a profitable Logistics company

Cons

Gainshare/bonus program. Since I have to input 20 words, I'll add this sentence about nothing. Gains hare is my only con

Advice to Management

Have some more family events for employees. Maybe family pic nics, company parties. Little things go a long way. We have a contractor conference, but what about an end of the year employee /family party or conference?
    Keep educating and promoting from within. We have seen a lot of kids grow up to be adults at this company and do well for themselves. That is what makes this a strong company. Management, we know you care and that you for that.

Dec 6, 2015 – Vice President, HR

Great advice! And, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We working on the Gainsharing plan. In fact - if you're in our Coppell office, stop by and visit with me. I'm putting together a small... More

"Downsizing..."

Pros

Very open environment, everyone knew each other and you had flexible breaks. Small enough to be able to make accommodations to customers when needed.

Cons

Very unprofessional coworkers. If you like to drink and sleep around, you will fit right in. If you are a family member, you will be promoted, if you are not be wary because they will always be promoted over you. When I started they stated they were growing and expanding, but they downsized instead. They also stated that they had a very low turnover rate, yet it was extremely high in my department.

Advice to Management

Be more involved. You are missing so much and just expecting things to change without following up.

Nov 27, 2015 – Vice President, HR

Thank you for taking time to express both your praises and concerns for our company. At Daryl Flood, we sincerely value our employees’ opinions and work to provide the best environment for each team... More