Daryl Flood, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Daryl Flood

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Their open-book management style is unlike many other organizations" (in 13 reviews)

• "Their open book management philosophy pervades the culture" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "everyone else has to cover for them until they are finally let go" (in 3 reviews)

• "Some long term managers are ruthless toward staff when it comes to no training but you better read our minds and jump through hoops" (in 3 reviews)

"Growing / Thriving Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time

Pros

The Culture has to be the biggest draw to the company. Nowhere else do you get this type of family friendly and caring culture. So many companies out there are toxic, but this company is a welcomed change of pace. So much that people tend to want to stay and become a part of the culture.

Cons

The company is about engagement and career. Not about a job. If you are looking for just a job, you probably won't get hired or stay long. You have to be willing to commit yourself to the goals and philosophy of the organization.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for improving benefits and other things that are essential to taking care of the workforce.

Oct 15, 2018 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your kind comments. We think are culture is special too. We will continue to work on areas that will attract and retain employees who want a career with Daryl Flood.

"wraehouse operation"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great environment, treat you like family and dependable.

Cons

none great place to work

Advice to Management

none they do a great job

Oct 15, 2018 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for being a part of the Daryl Flood culture and family.

3. "Good Stable Company, Traditional Mindset"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many pros to working for Daryl Flood but these are a few that stand out as I look back on my time with the Company.

Daryl Flood, the owner, is very involved in the day to day and a joy to work with. He runs weekly meetings providing insight to the whole company about how each department is doing and any upcoming Company news.

With Daryl's high involvement comes a very high level of transparency to the financial stability of the company and even real struggles the Company may be having. With his transparency comes a lot of trust in the leadership and allows for a lot ownership in the role that you hold with the company.

Each employee is actually taught how their role and duties impact the Company and is allowed, and even encouraged, to speak up with they believe changes need to be made.

And last but not least, as the Company continued to grow over the years they have done a great job of pulling talent internally before externally. They have many employees who have worked at Daryl Flood for a majority of their career.

Cons

My over all experience at Daryl Flood was pleasant but as any Company will have Cons, Daryl Flood is no exception.

As a small Company they had a hard time providing competitive compensation, benefits, and PTO in comparison to other local companies.

Again, being a small Company, with long tenured people, driving change proved to be difficult. The phrase 'its always been done like this' was stated often.

And lastly, with limited headcount and long tenured leadership, upward mobility is very hard, if not impossible.

Advice to Management

Focus less on how to you look to customers and focus more on how you look to your employees.

Continue to take care of your employees because happy employees will take care of your customers.

Oct 15, 2018 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your comments regarding our CEO and the Open Book Management process we follow. We have come a long way in the past year on improving benefits, PTO , compensation and career paths.

"Degrading Experience"

Former Employee - Professional in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Professional in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits offered are comparable and in some instances better than other places. If you are fortunate enough to have a manager be fond of you there is room to move laterally and upwardly.

Some people try to help you but most don’t.

Cons

The worst case of blame game, finger pointing and scapegoating. Because training is practically non-existent you are expected to know everything immediately or be subject to a steady barrage of criticism, gossip, and outright untruths by others covering their own ineptness, lack of training, or superiority complex.

I liken it to circus animals verbally beaten and broken by their handlers. Some long term managers are ruthless toward staff when it comes to no training but you better read our minds and jump through hoops. You feel the under current of job insecurity at all times. The end comes so quick by managers who are too quick to pull the trigger. They keep the cycle of new people at a quick turn and never ending pace.

The culture speaks to family orientation and a company of strong Christian values, however that was not what I experienced. To the contrary, there was no one demonstrating any fellowship or community. Very quick to judge, persecute, replace, repeat. It’s quite toxic.

If there was a minus star rating, that would be a more appropriate rating.

Advice to Management

Develop training for staff, set realistic expectations and if history keeps repeating itself look to the root cause and make changes even if it’s from within the core group. Most companies refuse to believe that their old regime is the problem, it most definitely IS the root of their turnover. I doubt this is shared with management therefore they’ll never read the advice much less be open to the advice given.

Mar 20, 2018 – Vice President Human Resources

I appreciate your comments. We take these reviews seriously and your comments were shared with management. I would be interested in hearing your suggestions for change. Please contact the VP of HR... More

"Upper management won't adapt..."

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere, and it's easy to get to know everyone. Lots of team interactions.

Cons

Poor compensation, traditional mindset keeps the company from progressing, no innovative thinking, lots of office gossip, being a private company prevents proper protocol from happening, poor communication from the top level down even though transparency is preached. The company will fire people just to make their profit plan, then rehire different people the year after. What a waste.

Advice to Management

Many of the company's problems stem from the unwillingness for change to happen. Focus on your employees first, make them happy and they will make the customers happy. It's not always about money.

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments. I also appreciate the family atmosphere. I would be interested in hearing your suggestions for change. Please contact the VP of HR with your ideas.

"fake 5 star reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency in the business profits, loss and forecast

Cons

Will cut you out in a dime to make sure they hit their "game" numbers. Could care less about employees and more about management bonuses.

Advice to Management

Quit making fake 5 star reviews to increase your Glassdoor ratings. They are totally obvious. "If you don't like it - quit!" What a joke.

Jan 8, 2018

I appreciate your comments regarding the Company. We do pride ourselves on being transparent with our financial numbers. Unfortunately, at times, the company has to make tough business decisions... More

7. "Nope"

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is light flexibility with regard to schedule, and a few people were awesome to work with.

Cons

- Good old boy management style.
    - Mean girl cliques
         -If you don’t know people who work there already, it’s going to be difficult to find your fit if you don’t fall into the above two categories.
    - Gossip is rampant and damaging company moral.
         - Managers are aware of the negativity but do nothing to make changes.
         - When your people who have been there for 10-20 years are even disgruntled and cluster up and have a gossip session about how much they dislike being there, you know there is a problem.
    - They say they are forward thinking, but they aren’t interested in progress.
    - They have stringent policies that not everyone has to adhere to with regard to internal relationships and attire. It borders on obsessive and intrusive.

Advice to Management

If you see that new employees aren’t fitting in, maybe consider why they don’t want to open up. Gossip is rampant and does not encourage new hires to get involved in the culture because they don’t want their names dragged through the mud unnecessarily.

If you truly want to update policies and move forward in your departments, cut dead/negative weight and pay qualified people what they should make. Devaluing your employees and only making their paychecks the incentive to work extra hard is poor management.

Have your managers take management classes and emotional intelligence classes. Realize that not every employee responds in the same way and some emotional intelligence is necessary if you want teams to truly form.

The weekly messages from the president are all fine and good...try running the business that way. Unfortunately I think those messages fall on deaf ears because everyone is so busy trying to cover themselves that they forget they are stepping on those around them.

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I also hate "gossip and office politics". We want employees to feel comfortable working here. Training will be a focus in 2018 for all employees. All the best in your... More

"Great Culture!"

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open Book Management, relaxed work environment, family feel, great culture. Everyone is friends and knows each other. Safe place to learn and grow in your field. Senior management listens to their teams and they are always making changes.

Cons

Small teams so earning an opportunity for advancement is very competitive. Traditional mindset- yearly reviews, strict dress code, and high importance on tenure

Advice to Management

Start taking steps to bring the Company to a more modern work age and space

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the company and its culture. We will continue to make changes to make the company a great place to work.

"Smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Outbound Order Picker in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Outbound Order Picker in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relatively competitive pay. No experience necessary. You can pretty much expect to put in 70 hour work weeks. Other employees are good people.

Cons

Almost no training. Extremely high expectations. No communication from supervisors. You can pretty much expect to work 70 hour work weeks. I worked here for a little over two weeks as any order picker. I received roughly 2 hours of training and was then expected to perform at the level of someone who had been doing the job for years. When i didn't meet these expectations, rather than communicating with me and telling me ways I could improve or simply asking me to be faster, I was let go without any warning. 3 weeks before Christmas.

Advice to Management

When someone isn't doing a good job to your satisfaction, communicate with them and suggest ways to improve rather than just send them packing.

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments. Training will be a focus in 2018 for all employees including managers. Good luck in your future endeavors and thank you again for your comments.

"Family-oriented company"

Former Employee - International Billing Manager in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - International Billing Manager in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company with big goals. Open book management. Understanding in situations for families.

Cons

Habitual 3rd & 4th quarter employment purges to inflate financial outcome for the end of the year.

Advice to Management

1.) Management should know how to do the jobs/tasks that they expect of their team members.
    2.) Integrity should be practiced by management as much as it is expected of team members.
    3.) Yearly training should be set up for software and processes that might have changed or upgraded.

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments regarding Daryl Flood being a family-oriented company. As the company has grown in the last several years, we are making training a focus in 2018 for all employees. Best... More