Daryl Flood, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 20, 2019

4.1
Daryl Flood

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Their open-book management style is unlike many other organizations" (in 14 reviews)

• "Their open book management philosophy pervades the culture" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "everyone else has to cover for them until they are finally let go" (in 3 reviews)

• "They also stated that they had a very low turnover rate, yet it was extremely high in my department" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Opportunity for Employment turned into Career."

Current Employee - Ops Manager in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Ops Manager in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. People
    2. Atmosphere
    3. Facility
    4. Leadership
    5. Name Recognition in the industry

Cons

1. Politics of being an industry leader.
    2. Expectations Vs Reality of being the best
    3. Technology handicapped.
    4. Economy driven.

Advice to Management

Figuring out the companies threshold of excellence and Customer Satisfaction and holding the line.

2. "Good summer job"

Former Employee - Loader/Unloader in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Loader/Unloader in Dallas, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cash in hand, off work early

Cons

You had to establish yourself before you got constant work. A lot of showing up just to go home at first

Advice to Management

Be nicer.

3. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Expense Management Specialist in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Expense Management Specialist in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Every one is like family here. The company has integrity. Daryl Flood, Inc. has a great reputation and has been voted one of The Top 100 Places to Work For. Daryl Flood has won lots of awards thru Mayflower over the years. Daryl Flood is a very down to earth person and knows you by name.

Cons

I don't really have any cons for this company at this time.

4. "Intense, results driven industry leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

Culture. We all know the 9 most important words—satisfy the customer, satisfy the customer, satisfy the customer. It’s a debt free company that invests and educates the employees. Daryl Flood is an industry leader that dominates the industry by way of having only the best and brightest at its helm.

Cons

Change is slow—but that is the result of a company with a record of operating debt free with reasonable manageable growth. That can sometimes feel stifling, but the success at Daryl Flood has been through the long steady execution of our business plan.

Advice to Management

Technology has forever been the barrier in our industry; while we are miles ahead of our contemporaries in our technology there is always room for improvement. Don’t be afraid to get aggressive and think outside the norms of the moving and storage industry’s slow adaptation of new and innovative technologies.

5. "Don't pass this opportunity up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been an employee for four years and have loved every moment of it. Lots of room to grow and plenty of chances to learn about the industry and all of the other verticals of the company. Being as big as this company is, there is still the feeling of unity with all your fellow employees and that you're not just a number. As fast as this company is growing, there is always an opportunity to grow and move up.

Cons

This is fast paced company. There is not a lot of time to bask in your achievements because the next one is already waiting for you.

6. "Relocation Consultant"

Former Employee - Relocation Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Relocation Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice facility, growing company, good pay when you do what your told by management. Able to work remote when traveling or from home. Exceeds the technology platform of most loving companies. New trucks and equipment. Big booking agent within the United and Mayflower agent system.

Cons

Hourly employees forced to work off the clock. Management tells you that they can find someone to do the job if you can’t. You can’t report them, because they will fire you. Revolving door in all departments and management doesn’t have a clue on what it takes to keep good employees. Upper management continues to bring friends in and bypass more experienced employees for management positions. Marketing pushes for good reviews so don’t believe everything you read. Extremely money and goal driven and increase profit plan year after year. Not a fair company to work fair. Raises are very small and very few. I do not recommend the company at all with my experience.

Advice to Management

Always give credit to the employee when due and promote within. The weekly kudos and the 5.00 Starbucks card is old, non appreciative. Start acting like a large company and quit trying to start up corporate policies that seem to fade in the sunset. Get behind your employees! Support them! Encourage them! Management seems to be non existent at times

7. "Supportive and Successful"

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time

Pros

The company puts a lot of effort into their culture. They are supportive of employees and value their input. Ideas outside of the box are encouraged. The company practices the Great Game of Business which means that all financial information is shared, and employees are encouraged to be involved as much as possible. Profit sharing is doled out quarterly. Benefits are comparable. Yes the company is focused on making money, but what company isn't? More importantly, customer service is at the heart of what they do and drives everything. The CEO is involved and interacts with employees regularly and you can feel that he cares about everyone's efforts.

Cons

Could be a bit more tangible on how a single person can contribute to achieving profit sharing. Some systems operate at the level of a smaller company, but with all the growth they've experienced over the last several years they're quickly working to catch up. Benefit costs are more than I’d like but not crazy. They have made several improvements recently though to many benefits. More vacation, better plan options, etc

Jan 28, 2019 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate our employees and strive to make Daryl
    Flood a great place to work.

8. "Industry Leader"

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time

Pros

Family owned. Debt free. Quarterly bonus program. Generous days-off and holidays. Owner that takes profit and puts it back into the company. Open book management. Positive atmosphere. Free coffee. Special holiday lunches.

Cons

Employee kitchen has virtually no counter space and it is uncomfortably warm. It is occasionally too loud in the main office area which can make it hard to concentrate.

Advice to Management

I do not have any.

Jan 28, 2019 – Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your comments. We are proud of our Open Book Management. We will see what we can do about the kitchen.

9. "Don't Walk, Run Quickly. Fake Reviews by Marketing Team"

Former Employee - Administrative in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro that I can think of us that there weren't actual chains to keep you from escaping the traumatic experience of working in such a dysfunctional and dishonest leadership team.

They have an excellent marketing team that authors fake reviews on multiple sites to create a fake culture. I know, I worked there. They are proud of misleading and downright lying to candidates and employees.

The turn-over rate is extremely high, don't bother to learn names, you nor they will be there long enough for it to matter.

Cons

If you want to work in an atmosphere of no training, lots of blaming, and zero accountability, this is not the place for you.

The definition of insanity comes to mind, they do the same thing the same way and hire you to do it differently but then they will not allow you do it differently, and then they expect a different result.

When you are not able to be a magician expect to pay dearly because some of the old timers will treat you like rotten dog meat, they will chew you up and spit you out.

And if you write a truthful review while employed, their IT team will track your IP Address and you will be fired.

Advice to Management

Stop simply pulling the rug over potential employees eyes by having your marketing team craft positive reviews. It's counter-productive because you are not solving the problem with leadership and retention, you are blatantly ignoring it exists because you will need to change yourselves.

One of the very worst experiences I have lived through and am just lucky to have lived through it.

They do not pay you enough for the amount of abuse you will incur.

Jan 28, 2019 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. I am sorry you had a negative experience at Daryl Flood. At Daryl Flood, we sincerely value our employee’s opinions and work hard to provide... More

10. "My thoughts on the company"

Current Employee - Production Trainer in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Production Trainer in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really only have one that's great for me and that's when i get up and the morning i love coming to work at DFL because i feel so at home like everyone is family.

Cons

I been with the company for 6 years now and i have had the chance to grow with the company so as of now everything is great.

Advice to Management

The company should start doing temp to hire on all employees.

Dec 17, 2018 – Vice President Human Resources

I am so glad you like working at Daryl Flood. We appreciate your comments. The company is working on hiring more temps to full time employee status.