Daryl Flood, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Daryl Flood, Inc. Reviews

Updated March 14, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Daryl Flood

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Culture!"

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open Book Management, relaxed work environment, family feel, great culture. Everyone is friends and knows each other. Safe place to learn and grow in your field. Senior management listens to their teams and they are always making changes.

Cons

Small teams so earning an opportunity for advancement is very competitive. Traditional mindset- yearly reviews, strict dress code, and high importance on tenure

Advice to Management

Start taking steps to bring the Company to a more modern work age and space

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the company and its culture. We will continue to make changes to make the company a great place to work.

"Degrading Experience"

Former Employee - Professional in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Professional in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits offered are comparable and in some instances better than other places. If you are fortunate enough to have a manager be fond of you there is room to move laterally and upwardly.

Some people try to help you but most don’t.

Cons

The worst case of blame game, finger pointing and scapegoating. Because training is practically non-existent you are expected to know everything immediately or be subject to a steady barrage of criticism, gossip, and outright untruths by others covering their own ineptness, lack of training, or superiority complex.

I liken it to circus animals verbally beaten and broken by their handlers. Some long term managers are ruthless toward staff when it comes to no training but you better read our minds and jump through hoops. You feel the under current of job insecurity at all times. The end comes so quick by managers who are too quick to pull the trigger. They keep the cycle of new people at a quick turn and never ending pace.

The culture speaks to family orientation and a company of strong Christian values, however that was not what I experienced. To the contrary, there was no one demonstrating any fellowship or community. Very quick to judge, persecute, replace, repeat. It’s quite toxic.

If there was a minus star rating, that would be a more appropriate rating.

Advice to Management

Develop training for staff, set realistic expectations and if history keeps repeating itself look to the root cause and make changes even if it’s from within the core group. Most companies refuse to believe that their old regime is the problem, it most definitely IS the root of their turnover. I doubt this is shared with management therefore they’ll never read the advice much less be open to the advice given.

Mar 20, 2018 – Vice President Human Resources

I appreciate your comments. We take these reviews seriously and your comments were shared with management. I would be interested in hearing your suggestions for change. Please contact the VP of HR... More

"Upper management won't adapt..."

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere, and it's easy to get to know everyone. Lots of team interactions.

Cons

Poor compensation, traditional mindset keeps the company from progressing, no innovative thinking, lots of office gossip, being a private company prevents proper protocol from happening, poor communication from the top level down even though transparency is preached. The company will fire people just to make their profit plan, then rehire different people the year after. What a waste.

Advice to Management

Many of the company's problems stem from the unwillingness for change to happen. Focus on your employees first, make them happy and they will make the customers happy. It's not always about money.

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments. I also appreciate the family atmosphere. I would be interested in hearing your suggestions for change. Please contact the VP of HR with your ideas.

"fake 5 star reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency in the business profits, loss and forecast

Cons

Will cut you out in a dime to make sure they hit their "game" numbers. Could care less about employees and more about management bonuses.

Advice to Management

Quit making fake 5 star reviews to increase your Glassdoor ratings. They are totally obvious. "If you don't like it - quit!" What a joke.

Jan 8, 2018

I appreciate your comments regarding the Company. We do pride ourselves on being transparent with our financial numbers. Unfortunately, at times, the company has to make tough business decisions... More

5. "Nope"

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is light flexibility with regard to schedule, and a few people were awesome to work with.

Cons

- Good old boy management style.
    - Mean girl cliques
         -If you don’t know people who work there already, it’s going to be difficult to find your fit if you don’t fall into the above two categories.
    - Gossip is rampant and damaging company moral.
         - Managers are aware of the negativity but do nothing to make changes.
         - When your people who have been there for 10-20 years are even disgruntled and cluster up and have a gossip session about how much they dislike being there, you know there is a problem.
    - They say they are forward thinking, but they aren’t interested in progress.
    - They have stringent policies that not everyone has to adhere to with regard to internal relationships and attire. It borders on obsessive and intrusive.

Advice to Management

If you see that new employees aren’t fitting in, maybe consider why they don’t want to open up. Gossip is rampant and does not encourage new hires to get involved in the culture because they don’t want their names dragged through the mud unnecessarily.

If you truly want to update policies and move forward in your departments, cut dead/negative weight and pay qualified people what they should make. Devaluing your employees and only making their paychecks the incentive to work extra hard is poor management.

Have your managers take management classes and emotional intelligence classes. Realize that not every employee responds in the same way and some emotional intelligence is necessary if you want teams to truly form.

The weekly messages from the president are all fine and good...try running the business that way. Unfortunately I think those messages fall on deaf ears because everyone is so busy trying to cover themselves that they forget they are stepping on those around them.

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I also hate "gossip and office politics". We want employees to feel comfortable working here. Training will be a focus in 2018 for all employees. All the best in your... More

"Smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Outbound Order Picker in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Outbound Order Picker in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relatively competitive pay. No experience necessary. You can pretty much expect to put in 70 hour work weeks. Other employees are good people.

Cons

Almost no training. Extremely high expectations. No communication from supervisors. You can pretty much expect to work 70 hour work weeks. I worked here for a little over two weeks as any order picker. I received roughly 2 hours of training and was then expected to perform at the level of someone who had been doing the job for years. When i didn't meet these expectations, rather than communicating with me and telling me ways I could improve or simply asking me to be faster, I was let go without any warning. 3 weeks before Christmas.

Advice to Management

When someone isn't doing a good job to your satisfaction, communicate with them and suggest ways to improve rather than just send them packing.

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments. Training will be a focus in 2018 for all employees including managers. Good luck in your future endeavors and thank you again for your comments.

"Family-oriented company"

Former Employee - International Billing Manager in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - International Billing Manager in Coppell, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company with big goals. Open book management. Understanding in situations for families.

Cons

Habitual 3rd & 4th quarter employment purges to inflate financial outcome for the end of the year.

Advice to Management

1.) Management should know how to do the jobs/tasks that they expect of their team members.
    2.) Integrity should be practiced by management as much as it is expected of team members.
    3.) Yearly training should be set up for software and processes that might have changed or upgraded.

Dec 29, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments regarding Daryl Flood being a family-oriented company. As the company has grown in the last several years, we are making training a focus in 2018 for all employees. Best... More

8. "Great Place to Enjoy Work and Gain Entry Level Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the culture, open book management, friendly environment.

Cons

Depending on your position there is not a lot of flexibility, growth opportunity, or work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Be open minded to new out of the box ways of doing things to attract and retain talent.

Nov 1, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the Daryl Flood culture and your co-workers. Being transparent with the company's financials through Open Book Management gives everyone an opportunity... More

9. "Sr. relocation coordinator"

I have been working at Daryl Flood, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good pay and very good company. Top mayflower agent in the system. Great people

Cons

Long hours, hard to move up and be recognized, very stressful

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees

Nov 1, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your co-workers. I agree that we have great people!

We continually work on the workload issue and will continue to focus on this issue. We are... More

10. "Warehouse Worker"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Houston, TX

I worked at Daryl Flood, Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers & understanding supervisors. They won't hesitate to assist you in anything that you might need help with. Will train you pretty adequately.

Cons

Extremely long hours. Sometimes you'll be sitting on your hands because if a shipment is not on time then theres nothing that you can do. Can be unorganized which then delays you.

Advice to Management

Get more organized

Jul 31, 2016 – Vice President, HR

Thank you for the positive feedback on your co-workers and supervisors. We are glad you had a positive experience with us and thank you for your contribution to our company. We understand the... More