KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Daryl Flood, Inc.

Is this your company?

Daryl Flood, Inc.

Add a Review

Daryl Flood, Inc. Employee Reviews about "book management"

Updated Oct 21, 2019

Found 14 of over 86 reviews

3.8
Daryl Flood, Inc. President Daryl Flood (no image)
Daryl Flood
Pros
  • "Their open book management philosophy pervades the culture(in 15 reviews)

• "Through our open book management strategies each employee has an opportunity to understand the financial implications of each decision we make(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "everyone else has to cover for them until they are finally let go(in 3 reviews)

• "If you want to work in an atmosphere of no training, lots of blaming, and zero accountability, this is not the place for you(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "book management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company Culture!

Oct 21, 2019 - Human Resource Assistant in Coppell, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone that I have come into contact with is so welcoming and makes you feel like you've been a part of the team for years. Something the company is big on is transparency. Managers and the executive team are always open to sharing information, never hiding it like some companies do. This goes back to their open book management style and it is really working well.

Cons

I can't think of any.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Opportunity

Jan 30, 2015 - Marketing Director in Coppell, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Daryl Flood, Inc. for 8 years. During the interview process, I was attracted to the Company Culture and the tenured Management Team. One of my main goals when I was interviewing for jobs after college was finding a good company that I could respect (and be respected) as well as have the opportunity to learn and grow. I found that day one at Daryl Flood. The company has supported me through several personal life events and it has become my second family. The people who don't share the same values the company does, seem to be weeded out. When you work for a company with a Senior Management Team that has high ethical standards - either your values match up or they don't and you move on. For me, this has always been a place where I have been treated fairly and with respect and I have been given the opportunity I sought after. Their open-book management style is unlike many other organizations. Everyone knows the financial landscape of the company and what the strategic goals are. With this type of open-book style comes a mutual trust and ability to take ownership of your future. I look forward to a continued successful career with Daryl Flood, Inc.

Cons

None at this time.

Vice President, HR

Thank you for your post. It is encouraging to hear that the experience we are committed to creating and maintaining has worked so well for you. My challenge to you is to continue to help us refine that experience for others. We have a diverse employee group and as we continue to grow, we need to make sure we are listening and adjusting that experience for others. Thank you for doing your part!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great culture, great opportunity, great people!

Jan 21, 2015 - Accounting in Coppell, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Their open book management philosophy pervades the culture. How many private companies share their financials with all employees? Every effort is made to hire highly motivated people that want to be engaged in their jobs and make this the last place they ever have to work. Values and integrity flow from the top. They practice what they preach. Pay is fair, benefits are better than most, and the opportunity to make a real difference is unlimited.

Cons

They operate in very tough business verticals (household goods moving and logistics) so don't join if you're not willing to work hard and give it your all. Growing companies naturally have problems that stem from the growth. That's true here. But - they listen, keep trying, and don't give up.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

It's Home

Jan 30, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Corporate Culture of Daryl Flood is what makes Daryl Flood a great place for customers, employees, and business partners. This environment and the open book management philosophy that complements it, positions employees to think like owners. As an employee of 20+ years, I can honestly say this my home and I am proud to be Daryl Flood Dependable!

Cons

Not really cons as much as a reminder... Never forget what has allowed us to achieve our success thus far; our people. They are also the key to our future successes.

Vice President, HR

Great advice! You nailed it and I appreciate your awareness of the challenges we will face together as we continue to grow. It does all start with hiring Great People and giving them the tools they need to be great for our customers. We are in a constant redefining mode in order to keep that competitive cultural edge that has made this work so well for all of our stakeholders. We need your help! Keep being honest and let us know how we can get better. Thank you for your contributions!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work and have a career

Jan 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment to work, pleasant and fun atmosphere at the most part. Everyone works hard at their job to get the job done. Advancement within. Jobs are posted for all to see and apply. Continuing learning thru Unigroup University. Open book management, team building meetings are always good.

Cons

No gain share in the last few years and promised. It seems the harder we work, the less we get. Promotions are sometimes looked over and raises are scarce. Everyone is so busy and worried about upper management, that the little guys are forgotten. We all enjoy the smiles and cards we receive from Mr. Flood, but I think everyone is looking for more of a thank you in dollar signs. We have had not much of that in a while. More cross training in departments need to happen.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Great place to work!

Feb 2, 2015 - Move Consultant/Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at Daryl Flood last summer - just in time for busy season! Daryl Flood is a great place to work - with the Open Book Management, everyone is trained to think & act like an owner, and there are no secrets. At any given time you know how you are doing against your expectations. Everyone is very supportive of each other. The positive can-do attitudes make it a fun place to work.

Cons

Haven't come across any cons yet.

Daryl Flood, Inc. Response

We are delighted to have you as part of our team. Our culture is intended to empower and provide inspiration to already highly motivated people. It appears we have both chosen well. As your tenure with our company continues, please feel free to share your observations on how we can make this a better place to work. We would appreciate your candid feedback.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture!

Nov 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open Book Management, relaxed work environment, family feel, great culture. Everyone is friends and knows each other. Safe place to learn and grow in your field. Senior management listens to their teams and they are always making changes.

Cons

Small teams so earning an opportunity for advancement is very competitive. Traditional mindset- yearly reviews, strict dress code, and high importance on tenure

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the company and its culture. We will continue to make changes to make the company a great place to work.

8. 5.0

Industry Leader

Dec 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family owned. Debt free. Quarterly bonus program. Generous days-off and holidays. Owner that takes profit and puts it back into the company. Open book management. Positive atmosphere. Free coffee. Special holiday lunches.

Cons

Employee kitchen has virtually no counter space and it is uncomfortably warm. It is occasionally too loud in the main office area which can make it hard to concentrate.

Vice President Human Resources

Thanks for your comments. We are proud of our Open Book Management. We will see what we can do about the kitchen.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to have a "Career"

Jan 20, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership of this organization is committed to our customers and it's employees. Through our open book management strategies each employee has an opportunity to understand the financial implications of each decision we make. It gives each person a sense of ownership and empowerment. A great group of people who care and have the intelligence to be an industry leading organization.

Cons

Nothing that any growing company doesn't go through........

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Needs improvement

Jan 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open book management, "personal" feel, tuition reimbursement, flexible, some great managers, friendly and down to earth Vice Presidents and CEO, emphasis on quality work and taking care of customers.

Cons

Sink or swim mentality. Lack of team building. Lack of communication. Poor performers are not given feedback, which doesn't give them a chance to improve and hurts morale of top performers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews