KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Daryl Flood, Inc.

Engaged Employer

Daryl Flood, Inc.

Add a Review

Daryl Flood, Inc. Employee Reviews about "daryl flood"

Updated Feb 23, 2021

Found 14 of over 92 reviews

3.9
Daryl Flood, Inc. President Daryl Flood (no image)
Daryl Flood

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great Leadership and fantastic culture(in 6 reviews)
  • "Good pay and very good company.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Good people(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great place to work, everyone is friendly and the management is supportive.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Management is very open about fiscal policy and situation.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "daryl flood"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

A great Company to work for

Feb 23, 2021 - Accounting Manager in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have had an amazing experience with Daryl Flood. I was contact for a manager opening they had in their billing department. Deb Daryl Flood recruiter was amazing. She was so friendly answered all my questions and checked in with me regularly during the hiring process. Every person I talked to during my interview process was so friendly and helpful. I felt welcome from day one. I have now been a Manager at Daryl Flood for 3 months and I enjoy my job and am looking forward to my long career at Daryl Flood.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

2. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Phenomenal Internship Experience

Sep 11, 2019 - Human Resources Assistant in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interning at Daryl Flood, Inc. was such an incredible opportunity. The HR team truly adopted me as one of their own for the summer, and I not only learned a tremendous amount in regards to HR, but I also was given the space and responsibility to take ownership of my work. From day one, I knew I'd made the right decision to intern here.

Cons

Honestly, I can't list any downsides of working here. The atmosphere is incredible, the people actually CARE about you, and there's purpose behind everything they do.

3. 5.0

Best place to work

Jan 30, 2019 - Expense Management Specialist in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every one is like family here. The company has integrity. Daryl Flood, Inc. has a great reputation and has been voted one of The Top 100 Places to Work For. Daryl Flood has won lots of awards thru Mayflower over the years. Daryl Flood is a very down to earth person and knows you by name.

Cons

I don't really have any cons for this company at this time.

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the company. I do feel we are a family.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Intense, results driven industry leader

Jan 30, 2019 -  in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture. We all know the 9 most important words—satisfy the customer, satisfy the customer, satisfy the customer. It’s a debt free company that invests and educates the employees. Daryl Flood is an industry leader that dominates the industry by way of having only the best and brightest at its helm.

Cons

Change is slow—but that is the result of a company with a record of operating debt free with reasonable manageable growth. That can sometimes feel stifling, but the success at Daryl Flood has been through the long steady execution of our business plan.

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President Human Resources

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about the company. There is a focus on technology and how to do things better. If you would like to talk about specific areas where we can improve, please do not hesitate to contact the VP of HR or the Senior Director of IT.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Stable Company, Traditional Mindset

Oct 11, 2018 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pros to working for Daryl Flood but these are a few that stand out as I look back on my time with the Company. Daryl Flood, the owner, is very involved in the day to day and a joy to work with. He runs weekly meetings providing insight to the whole company about how each department is doing and any upcoming Company news. With Daryl's high involvement comes a very high level of transparency to the financial stability of the company and even real struggles the Company may be having. With his transparency comes a lot of trust in the leadership and allows for a lot ownership in the role that you hold with the company. Each employee is actually taught how their role and duties impact the Company and is allowed, and even encouraged, to speak up with they believe changes need to be made. And last but not least, as the Company continued to grow over the years they have done a great job of pulling talent internally before externally. They have many employees who have worked at Daryl Flood for a majority of their career.

Cons

My over all experience at Daryl Flood was pleasant but as any Company will have Cons, Daryl Flood is no exception. As a small Company they had a hard time providing competitive compensation, benefits, and PTO in comparison to other local companies. Again, being a small Company, with long tenured people, driving change proved to be difficult. The phrase 'its always been done like this' was stated often. And lastly, with limited headcount and long tenured leadership, upward mobility is very hard, if not impossible.

Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your comments regarding our CEO and the Open Book Management process we follow. We have come a long way in the past year on improving benefits, PTO , compensation and career paths.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Mar 16, 2016 - Operations Coordinator in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent managers who really care about their employees. Time off is about average and they are willing to work with you if you need more. Plenty of positions to work remotely, but still maintain a solid office environment. They like to hire from within, so there is plenty of room for growth and additional experience

Cons

There really aren't a whole lot of cons. I really did enjoy my time with Daryl Flood and if I had the opportunity (and geography would allow) I would continue to work there.

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President, HR

Thank you for your contribution to our company and the best of luck to you as you move forward. Your comments are much appreciated and we hope you find a new employer that fits you as well as you fit with our team. We'll keep working hard to provide a common experience to all of our team members - current and future.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work!

Feb 2, 2015 - Move Consultant/Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at Daryl Flood last summer - just in time for busy season! Daryl Flood is a great place to work - with the Open Book Management, everyone is trained to think & act like an owner, and there are no secrets. At any given time you know how you are doing against your expectations. Everyone is very supportive of each other. The positive can-do attitudes make it a fun place to work.

Cons

Haven't come across any cons yet.

Daryl Flood, Inc. Response

We are delighted to have you as part of our team. Our culture is intended to empower and provide inspiration to already highly motivated people. It appears we have both chosen well. As your tenure with our company continues, please feel free to share your observations on how we can make this a better place to work. We would appreciate your candid feedback.

8. 5.0

It's Home

Jan 30, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Corporate Culture of Daryl Flood is what makes Daryl Flood a great place for customers, employees, and business partners. This environment and the open book management philosophy that complements it, positions employees to think like owners. As an employee of 20+ years, I can honestly say this my home and I am proud to be Daryl Flood Dependable!

Cons

Not really cons as much as a reminder... Never forget what has allowed us to achieve our success thus far; our people. They are also the key to our future successes.

Vice President, HR

Great advice! You nailed it and I appreciate your awareness of the challenges we will face together as we continue to grow. It does all start with hiring Great People and giving them the tools they need to be great for our customers. We are in a constant redefining mode in order to keep that competitive cultural edge that has made this work so well for all of our stakeholders. We need your help! Keep being honest and let us know how we can get better. Thank you for your contributions!

9. 5.0

Great Honest Company!

Jan 30, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

schedule, benefits, culture, honesty, other employees are so well to work with! I previously worked for a moving company, that would ask employees to lie about several things to customers, Daryl Flood is the complete opposite I'm so glad I was given the opportunity to work at Daryl Flood and now I get to call it my other "home".

Cons

I would say the training could be a bit better, its a learn as you go job very unpredictable what may come your way but other co workers are more then willing to help in obstacles that may come your way.

Vice President, HR

A sincere thank you for the compliments and the suggestions. The fundamental belief/value that we begin and end with at Daryl Flood is integrity. It is an absolute that we care deeply about and are delighted you do as well. Regarding the training suggestion - we are working on a completely revamped employee development program and are rolling it out this fall. Keep your eyes and ears open. We'd love to have your feedback and suggestions. One of the natural struggles of a fast-paced, growing company is keeping up with the training needs of our team members. We're working hard to anticipate those needs and to deliver to you what you need to meet the needs of our customers.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Opportunity

Jan 30, 2015 - Marketing Director in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Daryl Flood, Inc. for 8 years. During the interview process, I was attracted to the Company Culture and the tenured Management Team. One of my main goals when I was interviewing for jobs after college was finding a good company that I could respect (and be respected) as well as have the opportunity to learn and grow. I found that day one at Daryl Flood. The company has supported me through several personal life events and it has become my second family. The people who don't share the same values the company does, seem to be weeded out. When you work for a company with a Senior Management Team that has high ethical standards - either your values match up or they don't and you move on. For me, this has always been a place where I have been treated fairly and with respect and I have been given the opportunity I sought after. Their open-book management style is unlike many other organizations. Everyone knows the financial landscape of the company and what the strategic goals are. With this type of open-book style comes a mutual trust and ability to take ownership of your future. I look forward to a continued successful career with Daryl Flood, Inc.

Cons

None at this time.

Vice President, HR

Thank you for your post. It is encouraging to hear that the experience we are committed to creating and maintaining has worked so well for you. My challenge to you is to continue to help us refine that experience for others. We have a diverse employee group and as we continue to grow, we need to make sure we are listening and adjusting that experience for others. Thank you for doing your part!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews