Dash Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Dash Financial as an intern

Pros

Great people and a great environment to work on various projects.

Cons

Not much to say in this matter.

"Toxic Management"

I worked at Dash Financial full-time

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays, some good coworkers, decent choice of health insurance

Cons

A huge weight has been lifted since seeking new employment outside of Dash. I knew the environment was toxic while there but now that I'm gone I see just how bad it was. I should have known when I first started that if 3 people warn you to watch your back, you should probably slowly back away and start running. Most execs are in NY and have no idea about the day to day in Chicago nor do they seem to want to hear it. Their turn over rates were shockingly bad. You never knew who or when the next "lay off" would be. Most of the time it was simply because management didn't understand why that person was important or because that person said the wrong thing to the wrong person and was stabbed in the back. They superficially care about their employees until they decide that employee is no longer of use to them. The execs play favorites and it's usually to those that have the brownest noses.
    An ongoing joke within the organization is that "transparency" is in their tagline but nothing about the way they operate is transparent. My coworkers and I begged for more communication, for an organization chart, anything that gave us more insight and they downright refused.
    They are also extremely excessively litigious, as other posters have mentioned. I'm so glad I didn't have to sign a separation agreement, I can't even imagine how much those probably hold you by the balls. They do work, though, I think Dash would have more poor reviews if people weren't so afraid of the company finding out who they are and going after them.

Advice to Management

Stop working on ways to scare your employees into submission and start working on ways to make the environment a better more secure place. Listen to your employees instead of punishing them for speaking up. Turnover can cost a company 200% of an employee's salary, its stupid business to be a bad employer.

"Toxic"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL

I worked at Dash Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent marking team. If you want marketing experience, this is a good place. There are still some good people here - there used to be a lot of good people here. However, none are decision makers or stakeholders. C-Suite is driving the firm into the ground from within.

Cons

Incompetent upper management. Unfortunately, you can't trust people at this firm; it's a very political environment and deception is prevalent. Every Friday is a gamble if you will be back next week (but at least you'll get a free lunch). Not a good place for a Sales/DevOp/Engineering role. Not a good place to present new ideas unless you are jumping in at director level, but still be careful. If you do decide to roll the dice with this firm, read all the fine print.

The CEO is not Scott Goldfarb, it is Peter Maragos and has been since the latest merger. These opinions of the firm do not reflect on Goldfarb.

Advice to Management

Seriously have no idea where to begin for this section.

"Very horrible place to work"

I worked at Dash Financial full-time

Pros

Dash has a very high turnover rate, they offer free lunch Fridays and they offer unlimited vacation if you are brave enough to use it. The company seems to put a lot of attention into marketing and spin, putting lipstick on the ugly crippled pig.

Cons

The company is managed using the autocratic style. In my experience dissenting opinions are not tolerated. In the development team there was always the worry of our jobs being outsourced to the Ukraine. In my experience staff morale is extremely low, and fear is rampant.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and hire competent leadership. FYI...Scott is not the current CEO.

"Programmer Analyst"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Dash Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice Office space and Building. 311 South Wacker is a great building

Cons

Continuing rolling layoffs. Looking like they are moving the development to the Ukraine.

"Sales"

I worked at Dash Financial full-time

Pros

Great product and values the service model

Cons

Upper management doesn't place a lot of value on human capital

7. "Staff member"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Dash Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

These are very down to earth, compassionate people at what they do. Great culture and very supportive owners and staff. (Would definitely go back to)

Cons

If the words "Finance" "Marketing" "Business" bore you to death ;)

Advice to Management

Start investing in treadmill desks.

"No Comment"

Current Employee - Afraid to Say in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Afraid to Say in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dash Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The new office is in a nice location, there is a strong culture. The people work very hard. Internet connection is good.

Cons

Employment agreement forbids saying anything negative, or else you can face legal action. Therefore no comment.

Advice to Management

9. "An objective perspective on working at DASH Financial"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dash Financial full-time

Pros

I've been working in the financial services industry for the last 15 years. Hence, I have seen a lot. I have worked for bulge-bracket banks and small prop trading firms. DASH is the most honest and innovative of them all. In my 15 years, I have never been more proud of where I worked. Management has gone out of its way to create projects for me and give me what I need to be successful. Management solves problems and facilitates business. What DASH excels at is creating a culture of transparency, both for its employees and its customers. Working for DASH is knowing that you will be treated fairly, as will your clients.

Cons

I cannot think of a meaningful con at this point.

10. "The best is yet to come."

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dash Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If I built a company from scratch, I imagine it would look a lot like DASH. We are a pretty good company on our way to being a good company. I have every reason to think we will be a great company. I hesitate to rate us 5 stars as complacency is a breeding ground for failure. We are not yet the best we can possibly be. I moved my family here taking financial and career risk because this company and this management team get “it”. I have worked all over the world for some of the biggest names in the industry. They do not hold a candle to this dynamic enterprise. Our first principles are the bed rock from which we will grow to do great things for the right reasons and in the right way. I know I am not alone in my sentiments.

Cons

This firm is not for everyone. In many ways it is profoundly old fashioned, cynicism feels out of place here. This is a good thing. The firm requires a level of intellectual honesty uncommon in most professional settings. “Passionate professionalism” and “intellectual nakedness” are not just rhetorical slogans. If you are looking for merely a “job”, then go elsewhere. If you want an opportunity to find and do your life’s work, then you will have a place here. I say this in all honesty and without reservation.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with the troops. Your enthusiasm is infectious. Your concern is genuine. I have selfish reasons for this request as there is much to learn (for all of us) and precious little time.