Dasher Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 7, 2017

4.4
Laurie Dasher

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Dasher Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is committed to growing its Account Managers internally. You start as BDR and learn how to prospect while learning the fundamentals of the technical side of of the IT industry and begin to cultivate valuable relationships with vendor reps. The Sales Support role apprentices you to an Account Manager so that you can learn the finer details of Dasher operations, vendor and distribution relations, and cultivating long-term relationships with customers. This prepares you for Account Management, which is a sort of choose-your-own-adventure as Dasher sells a large portfolio of IT products and services and each Account Manager is choose the areas they focus on. The broad portfolio means that you never stop learning and will always be engaged by the job.

The culture is very family like and cut throat tactics are frowned upon. The company has clearly developed a culture aimed at encouraging employees to always do right by each other and their clients with the understanding that reputation is everything in this industry. Any morally questionable behavior would face severe pushback from management and other employees.

The sales team is supported by a large engineering and integration team the provides assists with pre-sales engineering, architecture discussions, deployments, and integration. The Dasher engineering team is a critical part of the Dasher value proposition and is a major advantage when competing against other resellers.

Compensation for BDRs and Sales Support is relatively average. The point of being a BDR and Sales Support Rep, however, is to train you to be an Account Manager. Account Managers have uncapped commission and the potential upside is huge. I haven't seen the paychecks of vendor or other reseller reps but I'd be very surprised if any of them make more than Dasher's best reps.

It may take you 4 years to go from BDR to an Account Management position but nobody wants to leave once they are there.

Cons

A degree of self-reliance is required when it comes to mastering the technical side of the job. Employees and management are extremely approachable if you need help but you'll frequently feel overwhelmed as a BDR and (it seems like) again when you first become an Account Manager. Dasher sells a large portfolio of technologies and learning them well enough to speak knowledgeably about them can be a daunting task.

Management will not hold your hand and there is no in-house training / sales enablement team. If you're not comfortable feeling like a incompetent amateur in the beginning and are not willing to make mistakes while learning, you may not enjoy your early sales years at Dasher. However, the upside of this is that you do persevere, you'll have a much larger breadth of knowledge than what you'd get working at a vendor.

Advice to Management

Focus on growing services related to the public cloud and embrace SaaS / Cloud / subscription products. Startups are changing the way they consume IT and if we want to establish a data center footprint in early stage companies, we should be able to to lead public cloud architecture discussions. Our engineering expertise in public cloud and hybrid cloud technologies seems very limited.

2. "Not Just Another "Value Added Resource""

I have been working at Dasher Technologies full-time

Pros

friendly colleagues, relaxed working environment, expectations are fair and reasonable, welcoming of newbies

Cons

processes towards objectives can sometimes be difficult to discern

3. "The Dasher Family"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Dasher Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed environment, non micro-managerial, company perks and culture is awesome. For example massage day, free lunches, National Conference trip for you and a guest (2017 was San Diego), kegerator in the break room, suite at SAP Center to name a few...

Cons

Too many sweets brought into the office all the time... not really a con.

4. "Great People"

Former Contractor - Desktop Support Engineer in Campbell, CA
    Former Contractor - Desktop Support Engineer in Campbell, CA

I worked at Dasher Technologies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone there was very friendly.

Cons

The location was a bit far for me.

5. "BDR"

I have been working at Dasher Technologies full-time

Pros

Amazing management, team, and support

Cons

None at all, greatest company!

6. "Solution Architect"

I have been working at Dasher Technologies full-time

Pros

Professional growth opportunities, lots of investment in people and skills
    Great executive strategy and leadership
    Honesty and integrity with customers and partners
    Promotes a family mentality yet very professional
    Work/life balance
    Profit Sharing

Cons

smaller company (~60 people), but I don't consider that a con

Advice to Management

Stay awesome!

7. "Great company!"

I have been working at Dasher Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dasher Technologies respects work-life balance, the office culture is collaborative and supportive, and I've found senior management to be very capable.

Cons

Not much to say here - the company really seems to value their employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "Not what I expected"

Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Campbell, CA

I worked at Dasher Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay for a first job. People are friendly. They give you a phone and a laptop.

Cons

Terrible management and very cliquy. I was "laid off" without any warning. The company was healthy and did not let anyone else go.

I just signed a 12 month lease and check with my management before I signed. They told me, "you're not going anywhere." So, I figured my employment was secure. I got a bonus and then a month later I was let go without any notice and when I asked why they said, "we decided that you are not a good fit."

Advice to Management

If an employee is struggling let them know and help them succeed. It looks bad on the management when you make a decision to hire someone and then let them go after 6 month. Especially when they were never formally warned about performance.

9. "Great copany"

Former Employee - Senior Account Mabager in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Mabager in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Family friendly environment and very competent Senior Management .

Cons

Sales focus heavily weighted towards new business leaving the existing customer base exposed to competition.Little sales or customer service focus on accounts for repeat business.

Advice to Management

The Dasher name has a powerful positive image within their markets capitalize on this strength. Seize the advantage of this strength by marketing to the former customers as well as recent customers for recurring business.