Data Computer Corp of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Happy Employee!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing small business that cares about the employees! Company is always looking for ways to improve and create new opportunities. Recent improvements in benefits are just one example that company is listening to employees.

Cons

Limited number of contract opportunities and a high number of proposal activities at the same time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Candidate experience with DCCA"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent hiring process. DCCA is extremely diligent in communicating with the candidate though out the process. Competitive Salary and benefits meeting or exceeding the industry.

Cons

No cons have been noticed with the company

3. "Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

Pros

DCCA is a great place to work! For starters, the management team has created a culture free of discrimination. The team that I interact with come from a wide array of the American population. Being a small Veteran owned company, the leaders of the company have a unique combination of compassion coupled with disciplined work ethic that promotes bringing out the best in me. The team that they have hired are distinguished in their fields and I find us all working in the highest performing degree possible in each of our work activities. The work is in leading edge technologies and all inputs from the engineering team are accepted and evaluated. The company has good procedures and processes that are documented and implemented. It is important to see a company that uses the policies that it publishes. The experience level of the team is incredible. I have met the president in person. How many employees can say that who work in high technology fields? He was interested in our team and me as individuals and was intimately engaged and aware of our stage in the contract. Our Vice President has been onsite several times and engages personally in our Design and program management reviews. That level of senior management engagement is refreshing, especially after a 31 year career in IT and Engineering, where I feel I have a decade or more of engineering expertise remaining in my career. The younger members of the team are equally enthusiastic and bring a wealth of expertise to the program. A very great place to work. I enjoy coming to work and the people that I work with.

Cons

I do not have any Cons to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep the personal and technical communication going that you have started. Stay engaged in the employees and programs that you have.

4. "Company overview"

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America full-time

Pros

Nothing special, just average employment.
    Health Benefits are not bad.

Cons

1. Micromanagement.
    2. Few nasty people make this place bad
    3. Technology is out dated.
    4. Lots of operational and internal conflicts that override the overall success.
    5. Not kept informed of company/contract plans.

5. "sr. Software test engineer"

Current Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America (More than a year)

Pros

I have been a software test engineer over ten years. I tested some many different types of application over the years. I have done automated or manual testing

Cons

I have learn a lot form this organization. Only think about this organization is very very short amount of time you have to executed so many test cases.

"TE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blythewood, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blythewood, SC

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America (More than a year)

Pros

11 holidays, flexible work hours

Cons

high pressure; contract based future

7. "Friendly environment"

I worked at Data Computer Corp of America full-time

Pros

Good people, friendly environment, nice managers

Cons

It's government contract so work may be a bit mundane

Advice to Management

need more opportunity for employees to grow

8. "Employees Review"

Former Employee - CM/Tester in Ellicott City, MD
    Former Employee - CM/Tester in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Data Computer Corp of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Very good experience

Cons

Not a lot of active contracts

9. "Dynamic company!"

Pros

Great place to work. Senior and executive management are professional and fair.

Cons

I worked ALOT of hours

"Most disconnected management I have ever experienced."

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper manager never come into the office. If you don't like ever seeing or communicating with the people you work for, then this is the place for you. If you're not a fan of praise or recognition, or acknowledgment in your existence at all, this is the place to work.

Cons

The contract management for my project micro-manage to the point that you feel like they are moving your diaphragm, forcing you to breath at their desired pace. They change policies and procedures without any recognition of the affect it will have on the employees or the project as a whole. Our project worked very well, meeting our federally required numbers each release, until the contract was 'given' to DCCA and the 'uppers' were given free reign to make whatever changes they entered their heads. The benefits are normal. There is nothing very special about the company. We had lunch with the 'upper-uppers' but they didn't introduce themselves to us. At the lunch we told them some of the issues we were having about the contract management and they gave all of us the impression that they didn't really care.

Advice to Management

Happy employees make better workers than miserable employees. On our contract, there is nothing but misery. The turn-over rate may go up.