Data Computer Corp of America Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DCCA is a great place to work! For starters, the management team has created a culture free of discrimination. The team that I interact with come from a wide array of the American population. Being a small Veteran owned company, the leaders of the company have a unique combination of compassion coupled with disciplined work ethic that promotes bringing out the best in me. The team that they have hired are distinguished in their fields and I find us all working in the highest performing degree possible in each of our work activities. The work is in leading edge technologies and all inputs from the engineering team are accepted and evaluated. The company has good procedures and processes that are documented and implemented. It is important to see a company that uses the policies that it publishes. The experience level of the team is incredible. I have met the president in person. How many employees can say that who work in high technology fields? He was interested in our team and me as individuals and was intimately engaged and aware of our stage in the contract. Our Vice President has been onsite several times and engages personally in our Design and program management reviews. That level of senior management engagement is refreshing, especially after a 31 year career in IT and Engineering, where I feel I have a decade or more of engineering expertise remaining in my career. The younger members of the team are equally enthusiastic and bring a wealth of expertise to the program. A very great place to work. I enjoy coming to work and the people that I work with.

Cons

I do not have any Cons to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep the personal and technical communication going that you have started. Stay engaged in the employees and programs that you have.

2. "Years of great experience with this Company!"

Pros

Great Management and No Stress !

Cons

Sorry I had to leave, not their fault!

3. "Great Company, Good Opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ellicott City, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ellicott City, MD

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DCCA is a great small-midsized company. Unlike most small businesses, they have many prime contracts so they have more options for job placement and choices in staffing. Company has a great continuing education policy that covers classes, seminars and conferences.

Cons

Can't think of too many downsides. The only downside might be that the staff is small enough that employees have to (or get to) be generalists, taking on some tasking outside their normal areas of expertise.

"Professional, innovative and modern"

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer and Testers in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The Human Resource department, Sharon specifically, has been the best HR person I've ever worked with.
    The compensation package is comparable to others in the industry.
    The IT department is quick to resolve issues.
    Professional and friendly environment.

Cons

Management should be evaluated. Also, Personality tests prior to hiring is a suggestion. Some people do not work well in teams, and instead of learning lessons, they insist they are correct and 50+ others are wrong.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your teams. Realize that people learn and listen differently. Try new approaches when your way doesn't work. Be willing to change and grow daily. Make sure all employees understand the goals. Respond to your emails. Do not use Comic Sans font and attach pictures to your signature if you want people to take you seriously. Using All Caps, red letters and underlining words in a group email is inappropriate and unnecessary. If there is miscommunication, make a phone call. Basically, learn email best practices and basic management skills.

5. "Dynamic company!"

Pros

Great place to work. Senior and executive management are professional and fair.

Cons

I worked ALOT of hours

6. "sr. Software test engineer"

Current Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America (More than a year)

Pros

I have been a software test engineer over ten years. I tested some many different types of application over the years. I have done automated or manual testing

Cons

I have learn a lot form this organization. Only think about this organization is very very short amount of time you have to executed so many test cases.

7. "Candidate experience with DCCA"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Falls Church, VA

Pros

Excellent hiring process. DCCA is extremely diligent in communicating with the candidate though out the process. Competitive Salary and benefits meeting or exceeding the industry.

Cons

No cons have been noticed with the company

8. "Happy Employee!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD

I have been working at Data Computer Corp of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing small business that cares about the employees! Company is always looking for ways to improve and create new opportunities. Recent improvements in benefits are just one example that company is listening to employees.

Cons

Limited number of contract opportunities and a high number of proposal activities at the same time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

9. "DCCA_review"

Former Employee - Configuration Manager in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Configuration Manager in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Data Computer Corp of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good small company, great benefits

Cons

Small company challenge with continued work when contracts end

Advice to Management

Meet regularly with employees to discuss concerns

10. "Employees Review"

Former Employee - CM/Tester in Ellicott City, MD
    Former Employee - CM/Tester in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Data Computer Corp of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Very good experience

Cons

Not a lot of active contracts