Data Recognition Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Susan Engeleiter

Pros
  • Professional and friendly team leaders and coworkers (in 14 reviews)

• Great Schedule, Nice work environment, they will value your Bachelor's degree no matter your major (in 13 reviews)

Cons

1. "Good place to work, just wish it wasn't a seasonal position"

Current Employee - Test Scorer in Sharonville, OH
    Current Employee - Test Scorer in Sharonville, OH

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice work environment
    Low stress,
    Free coffee
    Interesting co-workers
    Decent pay with bonus for working "full weeks" (even if you're working 20 hrs)

Cons

Position are only seasonal
    No guarantee for how many weeks you'll really get to work.

Advice to Management

Better system to notify past employees that jobs are again available, only got "called back to work" when I called to inquire about when/if they would be hiring seasonal employees for 2017. Filled out a sheet at the end of the season last year saying I would be interested in working this year, not sure why they don't reference these sheets.

2. "DRC Review 1"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to interact with. Listen to your input and act accordingly.

Cons

Not overly compensated, but acceptable.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people, they know what needs to be done.

3. "Working as a test scorer"

Former Employee - Test Scorer in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Test Scorer in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation part-time

Pros

The work scoring standardized tests essays is interesting and engaging, at least most of the time. This is a temp position for about 35 hours a week, although you can work more hours on most projects. There are no benefits. Supervisors are ready to help and to answer questions. The Plymouth location has a very pretty walking path, great for a quick walk during the two 15-minute breaks and half-hour lunch break. Management is good about allowing time off for doctor's appointments.

Cons

Most of the test reading rooms have a mandated 'library silence' which means that if you need to ask a question or say something to another employee, you have to whisper. This is great if you are an introvert. For the rest of us, this is quite stressful. I'd prefer a little background noise, but if you can manage this, the rest is OK.

5. "Project Manager"

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation full-time

Pros

Good health benefits, 3 weeks vacation to start, 401K, and all the benefits start right away--there's no 90 day waiting period. Payday every two weeks.

Cons

There is NO onboarding or training program. You'll be lucky if you have a desk on your first day or if anyone actually knows you're coming. Also, don't expect anyone to bother to learn your name for the first six months. New employees are either thrown into the deep end with no support or given nothing to do. Environment is toxic. Very poor communication from management and hardly anyone has people skills. It's rare to find a friendly, helpful, polite person and tough if not impossible to make friends at work. There can be serious overtime required. The company not value creativity or free thinking. Lets the clients run all over them and abuse employees and the company. If you're any type of creative, free-spirited individual or have people skills, run for the hills to a place that will appreciate you.

Advice to Management

Put some thought and care into onboarding new employees and create training programs. A bad first impression can never be overcome.

6. "Entry-level Reader at DRC"

Current Employee - Reader
    Current Employee - Reader

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job is easy to learn. The work is project-by-project so it's good for people who have intermittent work elsewhere. The senior staff help the readers continually.

Cons

Reading and scoring the same work all day for a few weeks gets tedious. The criteria for scoring sometimes gets adjusted over the course of the project. There isn't always work when you want some. No benefits except a small pay bump if you work over 34 (?) hours in a week.

Advice to Management

Try harder to nail down scoring criteria at the beginning of the project. Give the clients feedback on when the essay prompts are ambiguous and make scoring confusing.

7. "Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Maple Grove, MN

Pros

Great bunch of people. Very professional.

Cons

Have not encountered yet. Perhaps, a more involved orientation would help new employees.

8. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Seasonal Standardized Test Grader in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Seasonal Standardized Test Grader in Columbus, OH

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation full-time

Pros

Good pay and bonuses, nice management always smiling in the mornings. Random snacks brought in for the graders

Cons

Industry standard, staring at a comp screen for 8 hrs straight. The job is like doing 1000 mental pushups a day. Coffee will become your best friend.

Advice to Management

Promote from within more.

9. "Salaried Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a comfortable place to work.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities, pay increases.

"It needs to be the right fit"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation full-time

Pros

The people are probably the biggest Pro. Everyone I met was friendly and helped out. There is a lot of talent in that building and they were willing to share knowledge from day one. It's a relaxed atmosphere similar to what you might find on the west coast vs. the Midwest for a professional company. This played a big role in going there. The work is also unique which means when you are engaged in the work, the days go by quick.

Cons

I was missing needed access from day one, had to ask for a tour of the office so I knew where people and places where located, and I never had one follow up meeting with my manager after being hired. After a month I accepted another offer and decided to move on. This is where I feel the right fit needs to be a key aspect as for some, the extreme hands off is great. I prefer to have more insight to how my work and career can mix in the best way with the team and company goal.

Advice to Management

Better employee engagement from a new hire perspective, especially with such a unique product/service. Weekly check ins for the first month or two and then move to monthly through the first year at minimum.

"QA Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people in all departments, and from the guys in the cafeteria all the way up to CEO. Fun, relaxed place to work. I've never seen so many people get along so well together; in that regard it really is a special company. Highly recommend.

Cons

Advancement is tough since retention is so high. Lots of people there who have been there for many years, which is a good thing overall, but if advancing up an org chart is among your goals, it's a traffic jam of many well-qualified people.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.