Data Recognition Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Reader"

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation part-time

Pros

Nice atmosphere and co-workers. Good pay starting at $15.00/hour, if you have a 4-year degree. If you are looking for a seasonal job, this one is good.

Cons

Seasonal work only. Do not know project schedules very far in advance, making it more difficult to schedule any needed appointments ahead of time. No benefits and no paid time off. Amount of work available varies from year to year.

Advice to Management

Be more open with readers about project schedules, the overall length of the scoring season, and what's going on in the company in general.

2. "DRC Team Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation full-time

Pros

They love to give overtime

Cons

The work is only for 6 months out of the year

3. "I Loved Working at DRC!"

Former Employee - Reader, Test Scorer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Reader, Test Scorer in Madison, WI

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at DRC was great. I worked there for 8 weeks. The first 6 weeks was as a reader grading 7th grade essays on a few topic. It got repetitive to read about the same articles in hundreds of papers, over and over again. But I still liked it. The project finished a few days after schedule (although working the extra days was optional- I gladly did it.) When that project ended we were offered another 2-week project scoring a 4th grade math problem. This was also interesting, although simpler than the 7th grade essays and got repetitive more quickly.
    Among other positives of working at DRC:
    - The Team Leaders and Scoring Director treated the employees well
    - The pay was good for the work (around $15) and the attendance bonus (adding an extra $1+) was easy to get
    - We were offered a few optional saturdays of work, where we could work up to 6 hours (and those hours could be used to make up for hours missed during the week... in that sense there is some flexibility on the attendance bonus.)
    - I met interested people working there.

Cons

The downsides are pretty minor:
    - They do paper checks, rather than direct deposit
    - They sent the job offer via mail without any electronic communication (not necessarily bad but not what I'm used to.)
    - It is temporary... I liked my 8 weeks of employment and wish I had a little more!

Advice to Management

I don't know! I guess having more of an online presence could cater more to some employees. But who knows?!

"Broken promises one more time"

Former Employee - Test Evaluator in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Test Evaluator in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary. Good supervisors & training.

Cons

Telling us that there was solid work through the end of June, then pulling the rug out from under us on the 25th of May.
    I'm losing over $2,000 I was counting on & desperately need.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises! How could they possibly end work 5 entire weeks early from what we were promised.

5. "Test Scorer"

Current Employee - Test Scorer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Test Scorer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly supervisors. Break rooms are always stocked with free hot coffee, hot chocolate and tea which helps keep you alert on long days. Great short term position. At the conclusion of each project you complete an employee review of all those who supervised you.

Cons

Time off may be looked down upon and might affect an offers to be on the next project. Projects are short-term, three to four weeks. But employees may be offered opportunities to be on multiple sequential projects. The workspace is maintained as a library whisper quiet environment which is necessary to concentrate on your work but would probably not appeal to some people. It can be hard to concentrate on the same item scoring hundreds a day for weeks at a time can be challenging. Exact end dates for employment are estimated due to dependency on our speed of scoring, but nothing can be done about that. Can be stressful trying to qualify (pass tests) to work on projects but they make the best of it & it's necessary for the field.

6. "Test Scorer"

Pros

Great Seasonal Job would love to do every year.

Cons

A little tedious, but several breaks/lunch

7. "Test Scorer"

Current Employee - Test Scorer in Sharonville, OH
    Current Employee - Test Scorer in Sharonville, OH

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation part-time

Pros

All the management I have met have been extremely nice and helpful. You receive very thorough training. All the scorers have at least bachelor's degrees so they are a professional group of people.

Cons

It's a temporary position that ends mid-summer.

8. "Test scorer"

Former Employee - Test Scorer in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Test Scorer in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a quick reader, this is a fairly easy job.

Cons

Dull, not a real job. Just sitting at a terminal all day grading kids essays which is interesting some of the time. I am apparently not a fast reader so my completion rate was lower than most.

9. "Plesant enough place, great way to use your degree to earn extra $$"

Current Employee - In Transtio in Springfield, OH
    Current Employee - In Transtio in Springfield, OH

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Library like work environment, though it's not strictly adhered to, is needed to do job well. Some times some people get too noisy

Cons

You must work every hour of M-F shift to earn weekly bonus - NO Flexibility to work more one day to go to the dentist another day that week. Break area is meagre and sterile looking - vending machines with JUNK though there are fridges for you to pack a healthy meal or snack. Going out for food is not an option due to location

Advice to Management

People with skills as well as longevity advance to Team Leader, Testing Leader and other levels. Most of these slots are also part time and seasonal, making DRC a very good place to have as a 2nd income,

"Out of Touch"

Current Employee - Project Lead in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Project Lead in Maple Grove, MN

Pros

Currently viable company, good people and nice offices. Good work-life balance as most work occurs during standard office hours.

Cons

Out-of-touch executives running company. If owner doesn't like you, you are not in good standing and this is communicated to employees at every level. I have seen bright people come and go because they are not treated well/fairly.

Advice to Management

Your ability to service contracts and the students reliant on those assessments should be based on the very best people handling the work. Consider shifting to merit-based reviews of your employees. Good work will serve your bottom line as well.