Data Strategy Reviews | Glassdoor

Dana Jacks
  1. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Data Strategy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people Friendly Good hours Good benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Data Strategy2019-02-20
  2. "The work was solid, the people were solid...outside management."

I worked at Data Strategy full-time

Pros

Good and varied customer base can offer interesting and challenging (though rewarding) assignments. Most of the sales teams, PMs and engineers are all very good people who help each other out. The work itself was enjoyable.

Cons

Lack of internal communication between management and engineers. Management too often seems to be more concerned with talking to each other than the people actually working with the clients. Too often concerns around jobs were ignored by management...such as the order for tasks in a particular job...which were based around schedule availability rather than the technical order for the project...thusly... short-changing the client. Ran short-staffed for a long period of time which only exacerbated problems (including more than 50% travel). Lack of contact with management often leads to no recognition for achievements or appropriate levels of compensation.

Advice to Management

Right your ship. Management needs to communicate to all levels of the company...not just each other. There are a lot of excellent people working at Data Strategy. Hopefully the Trace3 acquisition will resolve some of the issues I observed. I currently can't recommend working for Data Strategy...but I hope it changes as there is a lot of good there.

Data Strategy2018-11-21
  3. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Data Strategy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of offerings for clients. Solution and inventory available to quote.

Cons

Lack of communication. Lack of processes. Although they're in place, not each role understands why they are there. Systems change without being notified. Don't share rebate money and keep for themselves instead of passing to the reps that earned them.

Data Strategy2018-11-07

"Worst Company in Existance"

I worked at Data Strategy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some very smart and talented people

Cons

Where to begin... When you ask Senior Leadership why the company is business, you are likely to get a number of different answers including "to make money". There is no acknowledgement of bringing value to the customer or being a good place for employees. This shows in everything they do. There is a lack of vision and how to attain that vision. Communication completely lacks clarity and how things are going to... affect the company. Leadership sends things out to the organization then goes silent on major things and leaves the employees to wonder what is really going on. Sales teams are only chasing their next deal and don't care how things affect the organization once a deal has been won.

Advice to Management

Be honest and open with your employees. Be clear in your communication with them. Formulate a corporate vision or something to guide what you do as an organization. When your employees bring ideas to you, listen! Don't just dismiss them, especially when the ideas could directly impact the bottom line in a positive way. Be present! Be engaged! Be visible! Don't just hide in your corner office and don't tell... people you are going to listen/talk to them if you aren't.

Data Strategy2018-08-27
  5. "Operations"

I worked at Data Strategy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- good benefits - cookouts on Fridays in the summer

Cons

- terrible culture, not valued as employee - poor transparency from management - favoritism to sales and engineering is status quo - extremely large salary inequality among employees

Data Strategy2018-08-06

"Great mid-size IT VAR"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Data Strategy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible to get deals done that the big boys won't touch; big enough to bring enough resources to the table to take on Enterprise-class projects; small enough to still care about the client and focus on positive outcomes. We don't sell everything under the sun so it's easier to build solutions that we can install and support properly. It's definitely a sales culture but supported by very strong engineering. ... Plenty of opportunities to advance if you have the chops. I get great response from the execs when I need it.

Cons

Growing pains as we continue to scale - could be more proactive with our hiring (have candidates identified BEFORE the need arises), would like better customer management tools. It's not a perfect organization but is focused on continuous self-improvement. Would like to see some sort of profit sharing for the rank and file.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand our capabilities in the up & coming areas - dev ops, IOT, etc. - we've got some time because the Midwest is always behind the coasts, but needs some focus.

Data Strategy2018-06-22

"Finally having fun at work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Data Strategy full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the first company that has felt like a home to me. They really care about the employees and the company culture is like none other. It is what attracted me to the company in the first place, and what has kept me here since. Being surrounded by hard working and like-minded people make coming to work enjoyable. The IT industry is also the place to be. Always on the move!

Cons

None so far, I will update in the future if I come across some.

Advice to Management

Please continue to keep the culture a priority. You can't put a price on enjoying your time at work.

Data Strategy2018-06-08

"Too many chiefs, who barely work, and are overpaid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Data Strategy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mon thru fri Nice building Insurance Coworkers Location

Cons

The executive board is top heavy. They never work, expensive travel, and it is hurting the average worker. The current CEO has zero leadership skills, missing some of the past leaders. Anyone can manage, but it takes a strong person to lead. I bet the company either goes thru some executive changes or it is headed for some financial trouble. Need more quality leaders!!!

Advice to Management

Put the money back into the company and employees, invest in our growth, and incentives. All it has created is animosity and a lot of unhappy workers

Data Strategy2018-06-23
  9. "Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Data Strategy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They offer opportunities for growth through reimbursement programs for certifications and raises are based on the certifications earned. This means you can decide how much you want to earn and how hard you want to work to meet your financial goal.

Cons

This is a sales and spreadsheet oriented company. Employee satisfaction is not their top concern. Keep up billable hours and you'll be fine.

Data Strategy2018-04-16

"Great atmosphere, rewarding work, excellent management!"

Current Employee - Operations in Caledonia, MI

I have been working at Data Strategy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management, atmosphere, rewarding work - favorite company I’ve worked for for a variety of reasons. I’d recommend this company to anyone looking.

Cons

None yet to share, rewarding work with a management team I can trust. Fun atmosphere, good team work and fair pay.

Data Strategy2018-01-29