DataArt Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Atmosphere of freedom, you could work from home as long as you want it (in 5 reviews)

• Many of them, great people, flexible schedule, comfortable working places, ability to work from home, lot's of cookies, internal education system (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Smaller money than other companies offer and salary review painful (in 5 reviews)

• Your business trips would highly depend on the projects (in 4 reviews)

"Software Engineer - Team Leader"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at DataArt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything totally satisfied by work in this company - compensation, extremely flexible schedule, free games, lunch, ability to change specialty and learn new things, great career and management opportunities.

Cons

Couldn't relocate to the US. Was offered only Poland, Argentina and UK.

Advice to Management

Offer relocation to the US too.

Jul 10, 2017 – HR Marketing Specialist

Hi! Thank you for the review. It's true that relocation to US happens very rare - the positions are very specific and most of them are on-site what means perfect English required.

2. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at DataArt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Place To work, great teams.

Cons

Lots of work to do.

Advice to Management

None.

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. "Cons. Lots of work to do." - made our day!

"Excellent Experience, US-based Employee"

Pros

Progressive leadership. Not afraid to fail. Minimal internal politics. Very flat organizational structure. Really care about both their employees and their customers. The delivery side of the business (software development) is exceptional. Well managed recruiting process ensures that they find excellent employees. Impressive focus on continuous improvement. Most of the leadership is remarkably humble. Company is very careful about managing growth -- both in terms of which customers they choose to work with as well as possible acquisitions. Such a strategy has helped maintain quality.

Cons

From an employee perspective, it may be tough to adapt if your previous employer was politically charged. If you have a big ego, DataArt is probably a place where you will not be happy -- it is a "check your ego" at the door kind of place. If you are in a sales or consulting role, you need to be comfortable that while you can increase your income, the organization operates with little hierarchy -- opportunity for promotion is little.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing so long as it continues to drive the successful results you have seen over the years. Maintain the cultural and environmental elements that have made the company successful.

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. We like the fact you've given so many details from an employee perspective, that's cool!

4. "review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DataArt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DataArt offers great flexibility in your career. They have many incredible projects in their portfolio, with ever expanding teams and resources.

Cons

The company culture is not very inclusive. You need to seek out connections on your own if you want to move ahead.

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the review. At the moment we concentrate on onboarding of new employees and making career paths more clear. Hope it will help. And we still consider an ability to seek out connections and... More

"Sales"

I have been working at DataArt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, Unique culture and truly supportive management team. Management is more interested in creating a great company, satisfying employees and clients and not into squeezing for profits. The company is growing very quick, added nearly 500 ppl to the company in the last 2 years. Great place to work and they invest in their employees. Probably the best company I have worked for, success is in your grasp without a need to be cut-throat.

Cons

Hard to figure out how the company works when you first start, they need a better on-boarding program.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing,

6. "One of the best places to work"

Current Employee - Team Lead/Senior Dev
    Current Employee - Team Lead/Senior Dev

I have been working at DataArt full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are many things in DA which are done right, and among them:
    1) Flat management tree. You are not gonna have 5 managers sitting on your head, one is more than enough:)
    2) Open culture. If you are "smart and get things done", you'll earn respect and responsibilities.
    3) Internal education program sometimes can be of great help.

Cons

1) A lot (really, A LOT) depends on a project you'll be working on. Even though it's not a problem in 95% of cases, the remaining 5% can make your life truly miserable. On the other hand, every new project usually gives you a lot of new experience - new clients, new teams, new managerial styles.
    2) Open space. In general, it could be a nice thing if served with "let's try to not disturb our dear colleagues" kind of attitude. Unfortunately, it's not how it works here. If a person from another corner has something to say, you'll hear it no matter what.

May 6, 2015 – Corporate Governance

Thanks for the response! It's very thoughtful and helpful. We hope it gives a good idea about DataArt's culture - it really depends on an individual if they enjoy working at DataArt.

7. "My new great job"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Voronezh, Voronezhskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I have been working at DataArt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team and fresh fruits everyday!

Cons

There are no cons to me for now

Aug 15, 2017 – HR Marketing Specialist

Cool! Wish you a great journey at DataArt!

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at DataArt full-time

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, nice working atmosphere

Cons

Nothing to complain about the company.

Aug 15, 2017 – HR Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the review! We do enjoy nice atmosphere as well :)

9. "An excellent place to work"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Kiev (Ukraine)

I worked at DataArt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

Management could do a bit better in reacting to official complaints from employees. Some courses in education system are not too informational and lack real-world examples. English skills assessment is too strict and entirely based on teachers personal opinions

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Jul 11, 2017 – HR Marketing Specialist

Hi! Thank you for the review! Lots of comments for us to think about. We are working on improvements of the educational system at the moment. What courses do you mean saying about the lack of... More

10. "One of the best in Voronezh"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Voronezh, Voronezhskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I have been working at DataArt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- people first
    - good salary
    - flexible hours
    - working remotely
    - everything is discussable

Cons

- noisy office
    - openspace
    - rare business trips

Advice to Management

improve the office

Jul 11, 2017 – HR Marketing Specialist

Hello! Thank you for the review! Open space offices are our standard in all DataArt locations. We used to have separate rooms in Voronezh but it seems everyone was happy to move to spacious... More