DataFile Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

DataFile Technologies Reviews

Updated Nov 13, 2019

2.8
DataFile Technologies CEO Janine Akers (no image)
Janine Akers

"Not sure how much you will make"

Former Employee - ASR in Kansas City, MO

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, fun culture, nice office

Cons

Not sure how much you will make because of the pay structure

DataFile Technologies2019-02-12

"They seem to care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time

Pros

I have only been with DFT a short period of time, but received a call from the COO to check in and see how my experience was at DFT. Of course, I had both good and bad things to say. They listened to me and followed back up with me with answers. I have worked for other companies and never had this same experience. I appreciate they seem to care, but are not perfect.

Cons

They have growing pains and need to invest in their systems but overall I get to work from home so that is worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the growth and continue to reach out to the remote peple

DataFile Technologies2019-02-08
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great Service, Just a Shame the Way they Treat Employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycheck, room for growth - especially considering the rapid rate of turnover. Services - when actually developed - are a huge help to their clients.

Cons

Toxic culture of blaming individuals/departments for anything that goes wrong. Instead of coaching or developing their staff, the default reaction is to place blame and rid themselves of anyone perceived to have made a mistake. This has led to a constant state of paranoia and an overall fear of providing any feedback to upper management that could be perceived as negative. The company has always changed rapidly..., which is not a negative in and of itself. However, direction changes in knee-jerk fashion and is rarely, if ever, thought out with consideration of scale or downstream effects. Not to mention, change in direction/initiatives is either NOT communicated clearly or communicated at all. Changes are commonly made and then changed AGAIN within a matter of hours so "goalposts" are often moved before the original shift has even been given adequate time to be evaluated for effectiveness. Employee "bonus" program is so reliant on goals that an individual employee has no control over. Part of the bonus incentive was actually based on positive online reviews. As a result, you'll see (and others have mentioned) a sudden uptick in good reviews after the CMO started soliciting them directly - usually from brand new staff. There are so many intelligent, hardworking staff at this company and it's incredibly discouraging to see them come in with such positive, optimistic attitudes, only to be eventually shot down. Feel free to try to give your constructive feedback but unfortunately, unless you're a personal friend of the CEO, that feedback will likely result in upper management finding a way to push you out.

Advice to Management

I don't know...SELL!??!!!? You've proven that you're smarter than any employee you've ever hired so there's no point in anyone trying to give you advice. But you have MANY good people and their families' livelihood in your hands so I would hope you take that responsibility seriously and realize how toxic of a workplace you've allowed to develop under your roof.

DataFile Technologies2018-12-03

"Listen & Respect"

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the greatest people I’ve ever worked with.

Cons

Some of the worst people I’ve ever worked with. DataFile has made an art out of putting the wrong person in charge of departments when the correct choice was right in front of them.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employees. We’re not bitter millennials whining about nap time or an arcade in the break room. We’re dedicated and hardworking individuals who know what we’re talking about because we helped you build this company. But we’ve been saddled with training boss after boss how to do our jobs rather than being given an opportunity to lead the departments we’ve built. Bosses who know nothing about... DFT and don’t care to learn because they can always cover their mistakes and blame others. Stop inventing new directors and hiring from outside for upper management when you have such stellar employees already in the trenches doing great work everyday.

DataFile Technologies2018-12-03

"Run Away... Don't Look Back"

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

There really are none....nice printers I guess

Cons

Five Sales VP's in 13 months, Constant Churn in IT. Operations people who get blamed for everything, depending on the CEO's mood. A sales team with two guys that treat it like a playground while everyone else is part of a revolving door. 85% turnover in their sales department. When the sales people finally start making sales they get moved to CX or walked out the door. Most new people don't even make a sale... for at least 2-3 months and implementation can take months longer. Oh and the CMO believes the only way to succeed is hundreds and hundreds of propecting calls per week. Everyone in the building talks about what department is worse than the other and share horror stories daily. They claim to be in demand, yet there were absolutely no web leads coming in....and if they did only the two long time reps could have them.

Advice to Management

Start being honest in your hiring practices...or just shut it down. Your reputation is getting to be pretty well known.

DataFile Technologies2018-12-01

"What is wrong with you?"

Former Employee - Who Knows?

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are great and work really hard.

Cons

You had a top notch sales department and World Class Customer reviews So what do you do, get rid of your sales department because they dare to disagree. Then you focus all your resources on how to provide customer service. When will you ever focus on the right things?

Advice to Management

Look at your weaknesses and address one thing at a time. Quit trying to fix what is not broken and quit breaking what already works.

DataFile Technologies2018-10-11
  8. "Good Organization"

Current Employee - EFile Representative

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being able to work from home is great. Holiday pay and retirement are great! My coworkers are wonderful as well!! Flexible hours if you have appointments you need to get to during working hours.

Cons

PTO time for remote staff could be improved more. Communication is lacking between remote staff and managers. Pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Maybe there could be one CSC that just covers a big client. The managers seem spread thin and hard to get anyone to get back to us in a timely manner.

DataFile Technologies2018-10-08

"Just be careful"

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time

Pros

It's a job and a way to bring in a little bit of money.

Cons

Basically if you have health problems, kids, or like vacations, then this is not the place for you. Remote jobs have lost all flexibility that was promised. You are micromanaged. You will struggle to have any kind of life outside of Data file. Pay is not good. They say they are working on it but we've had lots of empty promises and no word yet.

Advice to Management

Please treat us like people. We work hard and really try but get nothing in return. Stop micromanaging and lets have some kind of life and let us take care of ourselves and families

DataFile Technologies2018-10-03

"Former Employee DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!"

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time

Pros

Met some good people, nothing more.

Cons

Leadership is a mess. This place will definitely have you questioning your sanity. Only the complacent remain. I saw employees grabbing their belongings and literally running to a different department to work. Feels like a graveyard in the Sales Department. Most look so broken down, it’s really sad. Talent is wasted and your true value will never be acknowledged unless it is directly aligned with ridiculous... activities that do not protect your integrity. If you want to be part of a start up and make a difference, this is NOT the place for you. Don't let the verbiage of the "Company culture" fool you. The culture is toxic!

Advice to Management

I will never understand how you can work so hard to build something, only to let another tarnish your name. Good luck! This is a great service, it’s a shame you don’t bring experienced people in to run it.

DataFile Technologies2018-10-02
  11. "Work from home!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the flexibility of working from home!! My kids love it too. I am able to take them to school and not have to pay child care! If I get a call from the school that someone is sick I can go pick them up without having to take off a full day! The ability to still have a full time job and still be able to take care of my family at the same time is such a huge pro for any mom or dad!

Cons

I have no Cons. Having the flexibility for my family outweighs anything for me personally

Advice to Management

none

DataFile Technologies2018-09-27