DataFile Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Janine Akers

"E-Filer"

Current Employee - E-filer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility , Work form home, Wig Bonuses

Cons

When slow don't get paid for it, you have to use your own time, pay could be better like used to before Trans-Plus Pay came into effect.

Advice to Management

Make sure you remember that your E-filers are important to and that everything is not always about the clinic but find the medium ground to make them both happy. I know the customer is always right, but always felling like you are loosing and changing rules to please a clinic 50 million times isn't really equal.

DataFile Technologies2018-08-15

September 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback and working for both employee and customer satisfaction can be a tricky balance! I will pass along your advice to management.

"I Love Working From Home"

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time

Pros

Obviously the biggest pro is working from home. The company has been working to change things so remote employees get better benefits and feel like a part of the team more. They are flexible for the most part and overall a good company to work for.

Cons

Still need to work on better communication and I feel the rules are subjective. What seems to apply to one person may not apply to another.

DataFile Technologies2018-08-15

September 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. Communication is something that we are working on to improve when every possible.

3. "Efiler"

Current Employee - Efiler in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work from home. The atmosphere is pretty laid back in house

Cons

The pay for working at home is pretty low. Granted you can make it up with doc count but if your clinic only pays a nickel per doc filed you better find a second job or stay inhouse

Advice to Management

My manager and my CSC are great. They don't micro manage and really work with you in the event that real life happens because it does. My only advice is that maybe we figure out how to raise the pay on the doc count or raise the pay to a livable wage. I'm not trying to support a family of 4 but I am trying to support a family of 2 on 40 hours a week and we still sometimes have to figure out how we are gonna eat and we...

DataFile Technologies2018-08-16

May 7, 2019Director of Human Resources

Your feedback is important and the document counts/clinics are an area of focus for the Operations department.

"Growth-Minded Student Loves DataFile"

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time

Pros

I like working at DataFile Technologies because the organization is so encouraging, supportive and helpful to work with. I finish my studies in business administration this winter 2018 and there's no other place I would rather be than here at DFT making friends and creating connections with other real, genuine folks that will last for a lifetime. Thank you for such a great, professional experience, DFT!

Cons

Not Applicable. Not Applicable. Not Applicable.

Advice to Management

Continue being awesome and keep up the great work!

DataFile Technologies2018-08-04

September 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! We want to encourage our employees to be successful in their roles at DataFile Technologies.

"Contact center rep"

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The job is easy. Supervisor is awesome.

Cons

Upper management don't care for this department. They will move you if the sales team has a problem with how you answer the phones. Hell I say let them answer the call. The servicing team talk down to the contact center rep when trying to resolve getting a patient's records to them. Treat all your employees fairly. Have some structure. Stop having favorites.

Advice to Management

Treat all departments equally.

DataFile Technologies2018-08-22

September 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry you had a negative experience and will provide the information to the appropriate managers.

"Cliquey and disorganized"

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love what the company theoretically does. It could be a fun fast paced smart techy work environment with a start up mentality that has a lot of room for growth.

Cons

The worst part is definitely the micromanagement. They are horrible about it. Datafile can be a fun place to work if you fit in with the “culture”, which looking back is almost cult-like in mentality. The team is close knit, likes to be funny, have events (which include drinking)- which don’t get me wrong, was super fun, but isn’t always comfortable for everyone. Tensions run high, outbursts happen, and things get out...

Advice to Management

Be consistent, be consistent, be consistent. That’s one of the main things people never were. No one was dependable and structure was almost always a mess. People could really focus on their job more if they weren’t worried about the top of the chain so much, and if you quit micromanaging them.

DataFile Technologies2018-08-14

September 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

We're sorry you had a bad experience with DataFile. We know we are not perfect, but we do strive to provide a much better experience for our team than you had. We will use some of the points you raised to look for improvement opportunities. Best wishes to you.

"Find something else"

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time

Pros

Good benefits and that's it

Cons

Everything! Please find something else!

Advice to Management

You people need help

DataFile Technologies2018-09-08

September 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

Yes, we do have good benefits! I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with other work related items and wish you the best in the future.

"Working at home is GREAT!"

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time

Pros

Enjoy working a home for a acceptable hourly rate which is a combination of hourly and transactional. Many work from home jobs are just scams but this is the real deal. The company took alot of time to ensure I was trained My pay is based upon quality and speed, so it is up to me.

Cons

Given the pay is based upon speed and quality it is not for everyone! Those that say they are still making the base rate probly need to remember quality and speed is key. If you can't do that then it doesn't pay as well. I enjoy my independence of working at my house.

Advice to Management

Please include us remote users in communicaion and events.

DataFile Technologies2018-07-22

September 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We are committed to including our remote employees at every juncture possible so thanks for the reminder!

"Growing Biz with a fast pace environment...."

I have been working at DataFile Technologies full-time

Pros

Company events are awesome: Ice Cream, Picnic in the Park, Penny Wars, and much much more.... Culture is what you make it!! They try to overcome the negative people focus on those that love what they do for our customers!

Cons

Growing pains, remote work from home team members don't like their pay, but some are making great money Need to figure out a good balance for those reps working at home.

Advice to Management

Please address the compensation for remote reps so they don't ruin the good and positive that is happening.

DataFile Technologies2018-07-16

September 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the positive review and we are looking at ensuring our compensation is competitive and fair.

"Management is a Joke"

I worked at DataFile Technologies full-time

Pros

-Working from home -Friendly coworkers -Benefits (finally)

Cons

-Micromanaging (spying) -Efilers have more experience than managers -Managers moving less than desirable employees into their own clinics and moving desirable employees out of clinics to become floaters. (Loss of money) -Manager brings up complaint to leadership and HR, manager is forced to resign. -Off site pay vs. office pay is unhealthy. IT issues, mandatory phone calls means loss of pay for off site personnel. (Had...

Advice to Management

-Hold your managers accountable -Hire managers that have experience -Promote within -Stop spending money on ridiculous items (Limos) and work on the moral of Off site employees -You're not a friend, you're a boss -Let your workers work and stop the micromanaging. If you have to micromanage an employee, the employee doesn't need to be part of your company

DataFile Technologies2018-07-31

September 17, 2018Director of Human Resources

We appreciate the feedback, and I am sorry to hear about your experiences.

Found 137 reviews