DataSphere Technologies Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Account Executive

2.8
Satbir Khanuja

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc (in 17 reviews)

• Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management lie about how much you can make to get new people through the door (in 10 reviews)

• You cold call, but thats not the worst part (in 9 reviews)

1. "AE"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is great

Cons

hard to sell the product

"Stay way"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

The people you work with are generally pretty nice

Cons

Where to begin, little to no hourly pay, if you are new in the commission only atmosphere, be prepared to regret this decision. Turnover left & right, no real training or leads, you are told to "Be creative", so you must use yelp, FB, google, etc to find leads, then you look them up in the system to see 100 previous employees have called them over a 7 year period and they were hung up on every time, but you are told to keep on keepin' on. Only the 1% there actually make it work because they've mastered the art of lying to people or only telling half truths.

Advice to Management

Pay your people better, train them more effectively

"Shady Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make money if you have the drive

Cons

product is garbage and you have to trick people into buying it, horrible reviews on yelp and the BBB

Advice to Management

N/A

DataSphere Technologies Response

Apr 11, 2017 – HR Coordinator

We're sorry to hear you had a difficult time understanding how to sell our services. DataSphere prides itself in providing valuable marketing solutions to small businesses and we currently have over... More

"Fun to work at, get burnt out making cold calls after 6 months"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

A lot of young people to meet and network with. Probably the most fun place I've ever worked at. Great st piping stone into sales career for recents college grads

Cons

Sales cycle is short, you learn everything you can in 6 months, good to move on after a year if you can hang that long. Start applying for other jobs after 6 months.

Advice to Management

Less micro managing

DataSphere Technologies Response

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

We’re glad you were able to meet such great people here at DataSphere and were able to have fun! But we’re disappointed that you felt micro-managed while working here. Not only does everyone have... More

"account executive"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, employees are allowed to be creative, and given opportunity to show leadership potential as team leads, on occassion.

Cons

The company needs to show it's strength by hiring continuosly. They hire anyone with a heart beat. That means if you are great at what you do, then there will be someone on your team that cannot sell a thing, and will bring down the overall team. They don't offer continued training. If you stop seeing results, they put it on you, and let you leave, while not listening to ideas that what help retain longer term sales staff. Also the floor hears your pitch, and if it is working, they steal it, and try calling what would be your client base, and ruiin any opportunity for you to sell to your favorite vertical, which happened to me. I found a nitch, and it was uncovered company wide, and soon I could not find any leads in my market, because I was only allowed to call into certain places, and in sales, there is always someone looking to steal from you. Also, the company cancelled two of my deals, in an effort to allow my client to do business directly with the T.V. stations' advertising team to do commercials vs buy online ads. I sold a deal worth 1200$ to me, and they pulled the commission over 90 days later, and instead of paying me, they chose to slam me with a charge back on my check. I called a friend at the station and he confirmed that the company did a new agreement with the station worth 40 grand. I would not work for Datasphere on principal alone.

6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management and a really good product

Cons

Fairly intense and you need to have a very resilient attitude

Advice to Management

Higher pay to retain quality people and their knowledge

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Fun, laid-back, great teammates. Excellent for getting your foot into the professional/sales world.

Cons

Terrible benefits, questionable product, unfair lead distribution

Advice to Management

None.

"Great opportunity for the unemployed"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. The interview to offer process took about one week. The training is only one week long and you get paid a decent base salary during that time.

Cons

No job security. No benefits for 90 days and no 401K for one year. There is also very little room for advancement for AE's. No flexible hours. I wouldn't give up a good job at a stable company for this job.

Advice to Management

Offer more flexable hours. Offer 401K savings from the beginning, even if you don't match for one year. Also, it would be great to offer telecommuting options to AE's in good standing.

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours flexible schedule free coffee/tea. Flexible dress code and occasional bbqs and company picnics for everyone. Management lets you do anything as long as you sell.

Cons

The whole product is a scam it doesn't work. If the customer looks up the company on ANY search engine expect an IMMEDIATE chargeback. (I've sold over 300+ packages). The trainers and managers here are unqualified and set unrealistic income expectations. The entire job is fishing in a saturated market finding uneducated small business owners and hoping they forget about what they purchased. Do not waste your sales talent selling a lie.

Advice to Management

Set real expectations to the employees

"Worst company to work for."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear whatever you want. Free water and tea. Fun activities during breaks throughout the day. Good hours and weekends off.

Cons

Product is a complete joke, and doesn't work at all. You can't even let people google datasphere without your deal being ruined. Upper management lie about how much you can make to get new people through the door. The sales training is the worst I've ever seen. Don't waste your time or talent with this terrible company. The market is saturated, and there's really no vision for this company we all.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to new employees about how much they can make.