DataSphere Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 218 reviews

3.3
Christopher Ripley
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay in an expensive part of town(in 4 reviews)

• "The goal is to use the sales people up then hire new ones(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great culture, benefits, and leadership- love the set schedule!!"

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company culture with big company benefits. Collaborative culture where success is celebrated, including floor wide applause for every sale. Top performing account executives are more than willing to help newer account executives as they find their way, and demonstrate true mentorship. The leaders are passionate about their teams and are very supportive. Set schedule, easy access to the office right off I-90,...

Cons

Calling out to businesses you hear no more often than yes, but if you are resilient and can have thick skin then its not so bad.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive your teams through passion and seeing the potential in your teams. All the leaders truly care and it helps that they have all sat in the same seats as what they are now managing.

DataSphere Technologies Response

November 26, 2018

We're thrilled that you've had such a positive experience and feel supported by your coworkers. We continue to think of new ways to promote new employee mentorship so that this experience holds true for every new employee.

2. "Account Exective"

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

No work outside of work hours Flexible/multiple full time work shifts available to choose from Encouraging and supportive upper management Very energetic work environment

Cons

Wished there was a part time option available

3. "Meh"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Easy sale. Great people and fun environment.

Cons

Not dollar for dollar commission Like they said in the recruiting interview.

• "Great mid level telemarketing"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours, great culture. Hard to beat as far as office jobs go

Cons

Management struggles, leadership holes. High turnover but that's sales

• "Promises of Success Much Different than Reality of Job"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company success culture when successes happen and friendly work environment.

Cons

Pay is very low for long, tedious work, unless your sales reach floor quota which gives you commission, but out of roughly 80 sales people only about 30% hit quota, so the $16 per hour is what MOST people end up with in pay. The sales people who do have high sales often use ethically questionable methods to get those sales. Product likely does nothing for most clients, so it doesn't feel rewarding to sell it to people....

Advice to Management

lower the quota so more people can conceivably reach it and get commission...that way the turnover would not be so huge.

• "It was great!"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

Everyone at DataSphere was great, from the ground level to the president himself (who held the door open for me one time).

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints about this company other than it was far away so my commute was long.

DataSphere Technologies Response

November 27, 2018

We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks for sharing!

"Positive company culture, negative reality"

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

They really know how to work the sales coolaid and keep folks somewhat positive while the ship is sinking.

Cons

It is difficult to have faith in the product when one commonly loses sales to a terrible company reputation and experiences chargebacks that are out of the reps control.

Advice to Management

Just keep swimming?

"Account Executive"

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly supportive atmosphere. People are very supportive and helpful. The hours are good, and you get out rarly. Lots of incentives beyond regular pay. The sales commission incentive is great if you do well.

Cons

Its a grind. Its monotonous. You here a lot of no's to get to the yes. It takes a strong mind set and the ability to stay posititve in between sales. Its very difficult when you make sale after sale only to lose it do to reqsons out of your control.

Advice to Management

Rebrand. The name is detrimental because of the begative reviews. Either rebrand or fix the problems. If they have truly all been fixed, the negativea reviews should stop. Or fix the problems.

• "Fun place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment, Great co workers and managers, Lots of games to keep moral high, Good pay if you're a high seller Build PTO really fast

Cons

Not a lot of faith in the product Emotional based sales Low pay if you're a mediocre seller

Advice to Management

Management does the best they can with the product.

• "Fun work environment"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Lots of fun spiffs and competitions.

Cons

Client list has been called through pretty heavily, especially with the common industries.

Found 218 reviews