DataSphere Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Satbir Khanuja

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc (in 17 reviews)

• Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Very clickish especially regarding upper management (in 10 reviews)

• You cold call, but thats not the worst part (in 9 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

great management who always seek to help you improve

Cons

some days are a grind

2. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice competitive environment. Good managers, good atmosphere.

Cons

like any outbound sales position, you get out what you put in. high activity leads to good sales. be prepared to make over 100 calls a day.

Advice to Management

while i was there i never felt like i had resources available for potential clients with the "turn and burn" element of our sales process. not everyone was ready to purchase on a one call drop.

"Stay way"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

The people you work with are generally pretty nice

Cons

Where to begin, little to no hourly pay, if you are new in the commission only atmosphere, be prepared to regret this decision. Turnover left & right, no real training or leads, you are told to "Be creative", so you must use yelp, FB, google, etc to find leads, then you look them up in the system to see 100 previous employees have called them over a 7 year period and they were hung up on every time, but you are told to keep on keepin' on. Only the 1% there actually make it work because they've mastered the art of lying to people or only telling half truths.

Advice to Management

Pay your people better, train them more effectively

4. "Tough Sales Position"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Health Benefits, sometimes free lunch.

Cons

Micro managed on number of calls. No support on how to get new clients.

Advice to Management

Build a better marketing model so your sales department has more to do than 100 cold calls per day.

5. "AE"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is great

Cons

hard to sell the product

"Shady Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make money if you have the drive

Cons

product is garbage and you have to trick people into buying it, horrible reviews on yelp and the BBB

Advice to Management

N/A

Apr 11, 2017 – HR Coordinator

We're sorry to hear you had a difficult time understanding how to sell our services. DataSphere prides itself in providing valuable marketing solutions to small businesses and we currently have over... More

"Fun to work at, get burnt out making cold calls after 6 months"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

A lot of young people to meet and network with. Probably the most fun place I've ever worked at. Great st piping stone into sales career for recents college grads

Cons

Sales cycle is short, you learn everything you can in 6 months, good to move on after a year if you can hang that long. Start applying for other jobs after 6 months.

Advice to Management

Less micro managing

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

We’re glad you were able to meet such great people here at DataSphere and were able to have fun! But we’re disappointed that you felt micro-managed while working here. Not only does everyone have... More

8. "Account Executive/ Sr. Account Executive"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had zero inside sales experience prior to working at DataSphere. I had an understanding of sales but never held a role that was focused on the sales cycle.

The biggest benefit to this role is you have all of the training, tools, and resources provided to be successful in this role, no matter your background. I was able to be promoted after 6 months to the Senior Level and I picked up the role quickly. The main things that attributed to that were my dedication and drive to be successful, clear financial goals, and continuously learning from the successful members of my team. Anyone can be successful in this role if you put in the work.

I missed quota by less than 1 deal, one month. That's it. Hitting quota every month is achievable if you put in the work.

I love that this job is easy to see where you are succeeding and where you need to improve. It's important to ask yourself everyday "Did I do everything I could today to be successful?"

Last but not least, the product is cutting edge and truly does work. As an employee you have to keep things in perspective. The charge back rates are low and the amount of unhappy customers are far less than the amount of active happy customers. Those are the facts. I loved the product and different ways you can help small businesses.

Cons

It's a grind. You must be internally motivated and driven to succeed every day. That works for some people and for others it doesn't.

But it that's the worst part about the job, it's really not that bad. =)

Advice to Management

Leadership skills go further than being a friend. Overall, the sales managers, senior managers, and executives are great. I appreciate that they are willing to grow and continually be developed. I do believe they try their best and give it their all, as much as possible.

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you so much for your input! We take pride in putting together a great team and we’re happy it’s not going unnoticed. We’re glad you were able to find success while working with us-we understand... More

"Great Training, Decent Benefits, Fun Culture"

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Just like the title says plus you learn interesting side of the advertising business working with small to medium-size businesses. Challenging but can also be rewarding.

Cons

Sometimes the fun culture is a little overboard when you're trying to work. When time is money and you're counting on other teams to fulfill their responsibilities, and they don't because they're short staffed, management needs to do a better job of staffing resources for appropriate work follow through.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be open to feedback and focused on solving process issues so the company doesn't fall sort on customer expectations in an end-to-end process of serving those clients. This has been an issue especially when the company moved forward on expanding capabilities without perfecting business process that was already present.

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your input! We are always open to feedback, so feel free to voice your concerns. For example, you mention we should stay focused on solving process issues-per our open door policy, we... More

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment, team focused, and lots of room for growth and advancement. I have been been here for nearly 4 years and enjoy my team, my hours, and benefits which include a great work/life balance which is a huge bonus. I have seen this company and the services evolve as technology is every changing which is very promising. Overall great company and great opportunities here.

Cons

I don't really have anything that stands out that is a concern regarding the company or my position. Overall very pleased with my experience here.

Advice to Management

I have enjoyed the leadership and knowledge that management displays. Lots of opportunity to grow and develop skills thanks to management.

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We’re really glad you’ve enjoyed your time here and have appreciated the benefits and work-life balance we strive for!
    -DataSphere Team