DataSphere Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc (in 16 reviews)

• Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Very clickish especially regarding upper management (in 10 reviews)

• You cold call, but thats not the worst part (in 9 reviews)

1. "Fun to work at, get burnt out making cold calls after 6 months"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

A lot of young people to meet and network with. Probably the most fun place I've ever worked at. Great st piping stone into sales career for recents college grads

Cons

Sales cycle is short, you learn everything you can in 6 months, good to move on after a year if you can hang that long. Start applying for other jobs after 6 months.

Advice to Management

Less micro managing

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

We’re glad you were able to meet such great people here at DataSphere and were able to have fun! But we’re disappointed that you felt micro-managed while working here. Not only does everyone have ... More

2. "Account Executive/ Sr. Account Executive"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had zero inside sales experience prior to working at DataSphere. I had an understanding of sales but never held a role that was focused on the sales cycle.

The biggest benefit to this role is you have all of the training, tools, and resources provided to be successful in this role, no matter your background. I was able to be promoted after 6 months to the Senior Level and I picked up the role quickly. The main things that attributed to that were my dedication and drive to be successful, clear financial goals, and continuously learning from the successful members of my team. Anyone can be successful in this role if you put in the work.

I missed quota by less than 1 deal, one month. That's it. Hitting quota every month is achievable if you put in the work.

I love that this job is easy to see where you are succeeding and where you need to improve. It's important to ask yourself everyday "Did I do everything I could today to be successful?"

Last but not least, the product is cutting edge and truly does work. As an employee you have to keep things in perspective. The charge back rates are low and the amount of unhappy customers are far less than the amount of active happy customers. Those are the facts. I loved the product and different ways you can help small businesses.

Cons

It's a grind. You must be internally motivated and driven to succeed every day. That works for some people and for others it doesn't.

But it that's the worst part about the job, it's really not that bad. =)

Advice to Management

Leadership skills go further than being a friend. Overall, the sales managers, senior managers, and executives are great. I appreciate that they are willing to grow and continually be developed. I do believe they try their best and give it their all, as much as possible.

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you so much for your input! We take pride in putting together a great team and we’re happy it’s not going unnoticed. We’re glad you were able to find success while working with us-we understand ... More

3. "Great Training, Decent Benefits, Fun Culture"

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Just like the title says plus you learn interesting side of the advertising business working with small to medium-size businesses. Challenging but can also be rewarding.

Cons

Sometimes the fun culture is a little overboard when you're trying to work. When time is money and you're counting on other teams to fulfill their responsibilities, and they don't because they're short staffed, management needs to do a better job of staffing resources for appropriate work follow through.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be open to feedback and focused on solving process issues so the company doesn't fall sort on customer expectations in an end-to-end process of serving those clients. This has been an issue especially when the company moved forward on expanding capabilities without perfecting business process that was already present.

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your input! We are always open to feedback, so feel free to voice your concerns. For example, you mention we should stay focused on solving process issues-per our open door policy, we ... More

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment, team focused, and lots of room for growth and advancement. I have been been here for nearly 4 years and enjoy my team, my hours, and benefits which include a great work/life balance which is a huge bonus. I have seen this company and the services evolve as technology is every changing which is very promising. Overall great company and great opportunities here.

Cons

I don't really have anything that stands out that is a concern regarding the company or my position. Overall very pleased with my experience here.

Advice to Management

I have enjoyed the leadership and knowledge that management displays. Lots of opportunity to grow and develop skills thanks to management.

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We’re really glad you’ve enjoyed your time here and have appreciated the benefits and work-life balance we strive for! -DataSphere Team

"account executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, employees are allowed to be creative, and given opportunity to show leadership potential as team leads, on occassion.

Cons

The company needs to show it's strength by hiring continuosly. They hire anyone with a heart beat. That means if you are great at what you do, then there will be someone on your team that cannot sell a thing, and will bring down the overall team. They don't offer continued training. If you stop seeing results, they put it on you, and let you leave, while not listening to ideas that what help retain longer term sales staff. Also the floor hears your pitch, and if it is working, they steal it, and try calling what would be your client base, and ruiin any opportunity for you to sell to your favorite vertical, which happened to me. I found a nitch, and it was uncovered company wide, and soon I could not find any leads in my market, because I was only allowed to call into certain places, and in sales, there is always someone looking to steal from you. Also, the company cancelled two of my deals, in an effort to allow my client to do business directly with the T.V. stations' advertising team to do commercials vs buy online ads. I sold a deal worth 1200$ to me, and they pulled the commission over 90 days later, and instead of paying me, they chose to slam me with a charge back on my check. I called a friend at the station and he confirmed that the company did a new agreement with the station worth 40 grand. I would not work for Datasphere on principal alone.

"Looks like a business, smells like a business... no product?"

Former Employee - Ad Creation Coordinator in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Ad Creation Coordinator in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. They'll take anyone. Maybe it's a good resume builder for someone just out of jail or college. It's also a good job to have while you look for other jobs.

Cons

Too many to list, but I'll try. Starting with the product, which is vapor. Customers receive no benefit, and any small business owner with any computer/search engine literacy can find this out this instantly. So that leaves the older, less savvy business owners for the sales team to prey on. Consequently, if you're in sales your job consists of fast-talking and hoping the people who buy forget that they bought it. If you're in any other client-facing role your job consists of trying to placate angry customers who feel like they've been duped.
    The atmosphere is like high school - with scheduled and timed breaks, petty politics, managers (like teachers) who aren't as smart as the kids and try to guard that fact. The good managers (like the few good teachers) are harried, frustrated, and looking for other work.
    This is a good place to work if your only job has been a car rental place, except renting cars is better because there is some value in the service.

Advice to Management

Pivot and make an actual product that people can be proud to sell and support.

"Could be so much better."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people in various departments.

Cons

Horrid management that trickles down to every aspect of working there.
    Departments don't communication with each other which leads to poor interaction with customers.
    The sales department is allowed (by mgmt) to lie to get sales.

Advice to Management

Develop products that actually work, find some way to communicate to all departments, invest in employees to create long term relationships.

"Grunt work left me feeling unappreciated"

Pros

Good work-life balance, friendly environment with creative employees

Cons

Middle and upper management could be more transparent, patronizes the other day-to-day staff.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with lay-offs, firings, and consider that you're running a business with adults who can see the politics around the office. You're not a bunch of camp counselors supervising kids. Also,

Nov 4, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We’re committed to creating a transparent environment for all our employees, so I’m disappointed to hear the experiences you had. We take your feedback seriously and want ... More

10. "Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management and a really good product

Cons

Fairly intense and you need to have a very resilient attitude

Advice to Management

Higher pay to retain quality people and their knowledge

"Small time sales"

Pros

People are great. Everyone says this, but even while i hated working here I have come away with many people with whom I remain in contact.

Cons

Quotas are reached by about 30-40% of the sales reps each month. They bring you in with promises of unlimited earning potential (which is true), but even reaching that quota to get past the $15/hr, good luck with that.

Advice to Management

none

Nov 4, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad you’ve met great people at DataSphere! But I’m disappointed to hear your experience with the position. We recognize the difficulty that can come with a ... More