DataSphere Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc (in 17 reviews)

• Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management lie about how much you can make to get new people through the door (in 10 reviews)

• You cold call, but thats not the worst part (in 9 reviews)

"Great opportunity for the unemployed"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. The interview to offer process took about one week. The training is only one week long and you get paid a decent base salary during that time.

Cons

No job security. No benefits for 90 days and no 401K for one year. There is also very little room for advancement for AE's. No flexible hours. I wouldn't give up a good job at a stable company for this job.

Advice to Management

Offer more flexable hours. Offer 401K savings from the beginning, even if you don't match for one year. Also, it would be great to offer telecommuting options to AE's in good standing.

"An Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

I had quite an interesting experience working for this company. I learned a lot and am able to take some new learned skills and apply them elsewhere, so I am thankful for that.

Cons

Very clickish especially regarding upper management. They say they want their employees to be happy however, actions hold much more weight than words and their actions very much so often spoke otherwise. They are more geared to ensuring upper management is consistently happy and receives their bonuses and treats the other employees as if they are disposable regardless of if that employee has showed an immense level of commitment to the company. There is soooo much more I can say however I believe that is enough

Advice to Management

Treat your employees the way you would like to be treated if the roles were switched. Also your motives and what you plot behind doors is much more transparent to your employees than you think. In addition try to work on not being so underhanded and sneaky. One last thing don't blatantly lie to your employees that doesn't foster a good work environment nor does it add to the morale of the company.

"Fun work environment."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Loved the work environment and commission scale. The work was tough at times, and reaching quotas was stressful, but that's just sales.

Cons

The healthcare benefits weren't too great.

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours flexible schedule free coffee/tea. Flexible dress code and occasional bbqs and company picnics for everyone. Management lets you do anything as long as you sell.

Cons

The whole product is a scam it doesn't work. If the customer looks up the company on ANY search engine expect an IMMEDIATE chargeback. (I've sold over 300+ packages). The trainers and managers here are unqualified and set unrealistic income expectations. The entire job is fishing in a saturated market finding uneducated small business owners and hoping they forget about what they purchased. Do not waste your sales talent selling a lie.

Advice to Management

Set real expectations to the employees

"Used to be great, needs a lot of improvement!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Advisor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Advisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What's left of the staff is very friendly! The Company plans parties, monthly lunches and a yearly summer picnic. Free parking, coffee and tea are provided. The CEO has an open door policy and is willing to take suggestions for changes and improvements to our products.

Cons

Company has done 2 massive lay-offs in 3 years, the last one was 3 months ago and they wiped out 95% of their Customer Service Department along with all of the Managers. They moved Managers from other departments who aren't qualified to run a call center and the quality of service to our customers is failing miserably. They don't care about the handful of employees left behind to pick up the pieces, they just pile more and more work on everyone! No communication and no compensation!

Advice to Management

Hire more people in Custoner Support, NOT SALES, give your current employees increases and the time and tools to provide excellent customer service! Hire experienced Managers to run Customer Service, not Marketing Managers!

"Worst company to work for."

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear whatever you want. Free water and tea. Fun activities during breaks throughout the day. Good hours and weekends off.

Cons

Product is a complete joke, and doesn't work at all. You can't even let people google datasphere without your deal being ruined. Upper management lie about how much you can make to get new people through the door. The sales training is the worst I've ever seen. Don't waste your time or talent with this terrible company. The market is saturated, and there's really no vision for this company we all.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to new employees about how much they can make.

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed Environment for the most part. Wear what you want.

Cons

Unprofessional floor management
    Saturated Market
    Outdated Infrastructure
    Obsolete product for most savvy business owners
    Shrinking company

Advice to Management

Better training for floor managers

"Product is just terrrrrrrible"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, if you are single it is super easy to get laid, free generic coffee and free post-it notes.

Cons

Product is super easy to sell but once the customer is in they realize it DOES NOT perform. Like I mean no clicks or calls. Just embarrassing. I sold many businesses there (over 500 sales there) and I cannot remember ONE business say "I am glad I signed up." You honestly just pray they don't notice and forget or else it is an automatic chargeback. Lots of haters there too that act like Datasphere is more about the social aspects. Management is a bunch of mediocre old sales reps who couldn't cut it but maybe had a few kids and older so hey..."throw them into management." Sad! Lose major contracts with news stations do to unprofessional liability sales reps.

Advice to Management

Try to sell to investors. Oh wait...no investor is stupid enough to get caught holding that flaming bag of poop

"It's a grind"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Fun atmosphere and prizes for motivation

Cons

Tons of calls market seems saturated. They keep changing commission structure on you

11. "Good first job to gain experience"

Former Employee - Account Executive & Ad Creative Coordinator in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive & Ad Creative Coordinator in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Gain sales experience
    -receive quality sales training experience
    -potential to earn a lot via commission
    -opportunity to shift into other roles or interview internally for open positions.

Cons

-Horrible communication between departments. It seemed like clients were lied to just so a rep could make a sale.
    -Very quantity oriented and not quality.
    -High metrics
    -At times, borderline unprofessional work environment due to a floor of 200+ sales people.
    -Low morale of creative team due to management who only ever criticized the team for not meeting unrealistic production goals. They awarded a high producing member only to find out that person had been going around the system to boost their production #s. Maybe things have since changed.

Advice to Management

Sit in with people at the bottom level of production and sales or have some one-on-one interviews with them to hear their side of the issues they face daily to improve communication between departments and from management downward. Valid concerns and questions seemed to fall on deaf ears with no response on a regular basis.