DataSphere Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Updated September 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc (in 17 reviews)

• Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Very clickish especially regarding upper management (in 10 reviews)

• You cold call, but thats not the worst part (in 9 reviews)

"account executive"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, employees are allowed to be creative, and given opportunity to show leadership potential as team leads, on occassion.

Cons

The company needs to show it's strength by hiring continuosly. They hire anyone with a heart beat. That means if you are great at what you do, then there will be someone on your team that cannot sell a thing, and will bring down the overall team. They don't offer continued training. If you stop seeing results, they put it on you, and let you leave, while not listening to ideas that what help retain longer term sales staff. Also the floor hears your pitch, and if it is working, they steal it, and try calling what would be your client base, and ruiin any opportunity for you to sell to your favorite vertical, which happened to me. I found a nitch, and it was uncovered company wide, and soon I could not find any leads in my market, because I was only allowed to call into certain places, and in sales, there is always someone looking to steal from you. Also, the company cancelled two of my deals, in an effort to allow my client to do business directly with the T.V. stations' advertising team to do commercials vs buy online ads. I sold a deal worth 1200$ to me, and they pulled the commission over 90 days later, and instead of paying me, they chose to slam me with a charge back on my check. I called a friend at the station and he confirmed that the company did a new agreement with the station worth 40 grand. I would not work for Datasphere on principal alone.

"Could be so much better."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people in various departments.

Cons

Horrid management that trickles down to every aspect of working there.
    Departments don't communication with each other which leads to poor interaction with customers.
    The sales department is allowed (by mgmt) to lie to get sales.

Advice to Management

Develop products that actually work, find some way to communicate to all departments, invest in employees to create long term relationships.

"Grunt work left me feeling unappreciated"

Pros

Good work-life balance, friendly environment with creative employees

Cons

Middle and upper management could be more transparent, patronizes the other day-to-day staff.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with lay-offs, firings, and consider that you're running a business with adults who can see the politics around the office. You're not a bunch of camp counselors supervising kids. Also,

DataSphere Technologies Response

Nov 4, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We’re committed to creating a transparent environment for all our employees, so I’m disappointed to hear the experiences you had. We take your feedback seriously and want... More

"Looks like a business, smells like a business... no product?"

Former Employee - Ad Creation Coordinator in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Ad Creation Coordinator in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. They'll take anyone. Maybe it's a good resume builder for someone just out of jail or college. It's also a good job to have while you look for other jobs.

Cons

Too many to list, but I'll try. Starting with the product, which is vapor. Customers receive no benefit, and any small business owner with any computer/search engine literacy can find this out this instantly. So that leaves the older, less savvy business owners for the sales team to prey on. Consequently, if you're in sales your job consists of fast-talking and hoping the people who buy forget that they bought it. If you're in any other client-facing role your job consists of trying to placate angry customers who feel like they've been duped.
    The atmosphere is like high school - with scheduled and timed breaks, petty politics, managers (like teachers) who aren't as smart as the kids and try to guard that fact. The good managers (like the few good teachers) are harried, frustrated, and looking for other work.
    This is a good place to work if your only job has been a car rental place, except renting cars is better because there is some value in the service.

Advice to Management

Pivot and make an actual product that people can be proud to sell and support.

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management and a really good product

Cons

Fairly intense and you need to have a very resilient attitude

Advice to Management

Higher pay to retain quality people and their knowledge

"Small time sales"

Pros

People are great. Everyone says this, but even while i hated working here I have come away with many people with whom I remain in contact.

Cons

Quotas are reached by about 30-40% of the sales reps each month. They bring you in with promises of unlimited earning potential (which is true), but even reaching that quota to get past the $15/hr, good luck with that.

Advice to Management

none

DataSphere Technologies Response

Nov 4, 2016 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad you’ve met great people at DataSphere! But I’m disappointed to hear your experience with the position. We recognize the difficulty that can come with a... More

"Great work life balance"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent coworkers, fun environment, casual work attire, interesting product. Never work more than 40 hours in a week

Cons

Not a lot of career trajectory, lots of dissatisfied customers which leads to unhappy employees

Advice to Management

Change the way the sales team sells the product so the customer understand what they are purchasing initially

"It's a joke"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

It feels like you are in high school. There are a lot of giveaways if you sell what you are asked to.

Cons

Your sales can be taken away from you when they hit the next department. The sales floor has no communication with the "Creative" department, so our hard-earned sale can become a charge back for something you didn't do... It also feels like a high school environment. It doesn't matter who you are, you get hired. And you can get fired just as easily. Managers only help whom they are friends with.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Fun, laid-back, great teammates. Excellent for getting your foot into the professional/sales world.

Cons

Terrible benefits, questionable product, unfair lead distribution

Advice to Management

None.

"Great opportunity for the unemployed"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. The interview to offer process took about one week. The training is only one week long and you get paid a decent base salary during that time.

Cons

No job security. No benefits for 90 days and no 401K for one year. There is also very little room for advancement for AE's. No flexible hours. I wouldn't give up a good job at a stable company for this job.

Advice to Management

Offer more flexable hours. Offer 401K savings from the beginning, even if you don't match for one year. Also, it would be great to offer telecommuting options to AE's in good standing.