DataSphere Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Updated April 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc (in 17 reviews)

• Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management lie about how much you can make to get new people through the door (in 10 reviews)

• You cold call, but thats not the worst part (in 9 reviews)

"Fun place poor training"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Great work life balance, coming from retail I had a great Christmas break and even took about 5 paid days off after the first of the year. Being able to control your paycheck was nice too. Very relaxed dress code

Cons

Stressful, lack of well trained management. Got switched on a team after 4 months with a manager that had 1 month experience, and was very unorganized. There was one senior account Executive on our team. And we would lose 2 people a month to either another company or they where let go.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with people struggling, instead of standing behind the person 200% over goal cheering them on. Organize yourself. Give better feed back and explain what to change. Be patient.

"Great people, lackluster product"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

DS is a place that appreciates and believes strongly in a nice work/life balance. The people there are fantastic to work with, and really care about building good-quality products. Salaries and benefits are pretty good.

Cons

This is a company that never decided what it wanted to be when it grew up. They have mistaken chaos for agility, refuse to set and communicate a company-wide product vision, and jump around from idea to idea, and constantly disrupt forward momentum on everything they build. It used to be a technology company that did marketing. It turned into a marketing company with a dev team.

"Solid company, poor product"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere and fantastic work environment

Cons

Selling a fairly worthless product

5. "DataSphere is a great place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and great company to work for! Had a lot of fun and made good $$!!

Cons

Market is saturated product harder to sell

"Good and Bad"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good B2B sales experience.
    Fun, laid-back atmosphere
    Base salary + commissions makes a decent paycheck
    Seemed to be decent opportunity for advancement into sales management after a couple years

Cons

Cold calling small businesses
    It is a sink or swim job with sales quotas and metrics that need to be met, or you will be asked to leave
    Not meant for everybody, sales can be high stress... or fun
    The effectiveness of the marketing program you are selling is very hard to measure, and I was never 100% sure if I was helping or hurting certain businesses. Some are good fits some inevitably aren't which can cause some doubts and moral concerns

Advice to Management

Some of lower level managers seemed like they would have benefited from a little bit more training

"Director of Sales"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great launch pad for a sales career, over six years ago I started as a sales rep and was given the opportunity to greatly increase both my pay and career development. From account executive to a site director of the Tempe Office I can't be grateful enough of what DataSphere has helped me achieve.

Cons

It's a sales job, that requires a lot of cold calling. This is not for everybody, but if your willing to master your skill set, have the ability to self motivate you can do really well here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing!

8. "Nice folks, learned a lot working there."

Former Employee - Software Design Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Software Design Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice people, lots of great opportunities to learn and improve your skill set.
    Interesting projects and real solid leadership.

Cons

None.

9. "review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and commission structure

Cons

Closing May 29th. Far commute

DataSphere Technologies Response

Apr 7, 2016 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. To clarify, Datasphere is not closing all together but we plan to close our Tempe location and move that headcount to our Bellevue location and grow ... More

"Great place for fun and a first job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

great place to socialize and network. great first phone job for sales or customer support. lots of parties and social gatherings, and for the most part a pretty positive working environment.

Cons

too social of an environment for the most part. distractions are everywhere from music blaring over 6 different teams speakers to overly social coworkers.

Advice to Management

manage your employees. obviously continue to celebrate success, but instead of simply trimming fat, identify hard working employees and train them up instead of out. find a good fit for them within the company instead of the revolving door that it seems to be.

11. "Best job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The list goes on as far as pros are concerned. I've been working at the Tempe location since November. Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me. Also never been in sales. From day 1 everybody has been incredibly nice and respectful. Management was absolutely amazing, and completely approachable. I love how laid back the job is. Nobody watching over your back. Get your work done, and as long as your hitting your call/talk time, and sales requirements (which is not difficult to achieve as long as you're motivated), you will love it. I've gained skills in this job that will benefit me my entire life, thanks to help and support from management. Very laid back culture. The people are great; lots of energy and personality. Company provides great incentives as well (Ex. The winner of team contests goes out somewhere, on the company).

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. Maybe some technical issues, such as better integration and feasibility between different internal systems. Other than that, I have no issues.

Advice to Management

KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING!!!