DataSphere Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Updated December 4, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc (in 17 reviews)

• Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Very clickish especially regarding upper management (in 10 reviews)

• The sales floor has no communication with the "Creative" department, so our hard-earned sale can become a charge back for something you didn't do (in 7 reviews)

"Great work life balance"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent coworkers, fun environment, casual work attire, interesting product. Never work more than 40 hours in a week

Cons

Not a lot of career trajectory, lots of dissatisfied customers which leads to unhappy employees

Advice to Management

Change the way the sales team sells the product so the customer understand what they are purchasing initially

"It's a joke"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

It feels like you are in high school. There are a lot of giveaways if you sell what you are asked to.

Cons

Your sales can be taken away from you when they hit the next department. The sales floor has no communication with the "Creative" department, so our hard-earned sale can become a charge back for something you didn't do... It also feels like a high school environment. It doesn't matter who you are, you get hired. And you can get fired just as easily. Managers only help whom they are friends with.

"Great opportunity for the unemployed"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. The interview to offer process took about one week. The training is only one week long and you get paid a decent base salary during that time.

Cons

No job security. No benefits for 90 days and no 401K for one year. There is also very little room for advancement for AE's. No flexible hours. I wouldn't give up a good job at a stable company for this job.

Advice to Management

Offer more flexable hours. Offer 401K savings from the beginning, even if you don't match for one year. Also, it would be great to offer telecommuting options to AE's in good standing.

"Fun work environment."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Loved the work environment and commission scale. The work was tough at times, and reaching quotas was stressful, but that's just sales.

Cons

The healthcare benefits weren't too great.

"An Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

I had quite an interesting experience working for this company. I learned a lot and am able to take some new learned skills and apply them elsewhere, so I am thankful for that.

Cons

Very clickish especially regarding upper management. They say they want their employees to be happy however, actions hold much more weight than words and their actions very much so often spoke otherwise. They are more geared to ensuring upper management is consistently happy and receives their bonuses and treats the other employees as if they are disposable regardless of if that employee has showed an immense level of commitment to the company. There is soooo much more I can say however I believe that is enough

Advice to Management

Treat your employees the way you would like to be treated if the roles were switched. Also your motives and what you plot behind doors is much more transparent to your employees than you think. In addition try to work on not being so underhanded and sneaky. One last thing don't blatantly lie to your employees that doesn't foster a good work environment nor does it add to the morale of the company.

"Used to be great, needs a lot of improvement!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Advisor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Advisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What's left of the staff is very friendly! The Company plans parties, monthly lunches and a yearly summer picnic. Free parking, coffee and tea are provided. The CEO has an open door policy and is willing to take suggestions for changes and improvements to our products.

Cons

Company has done 2 massive lay-offs in 3 years, the last one was 3 months ago and they wiped out 95% of their Customer Service Department along with all of the Managers. They moved Managers from other departments who aren't qualified to run a call center and the quality of service to our customers is failing miserably. They don't care about the handful of employees left behind to pick up the pieces, they just pile more and more work on everyone! No communication and no compensation!

Advice to Management

Hire more people in Custoner Support, NOT SALES, give your current employees increases and the time and tools to provide excellent customer service! Hire experienced Managers to run Customer Service, not Marketing Managers!

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours flexible schedule free coffee/tea. Flexible dress code and occasional bbqs and company picnics for everyone. Management lets you do anything as long as you sell.

Cons

The whole product is a scam it doesn't work. If the customer looks up the company on ANY search engine expect an IMMEDIATE chargeback. (I've sold over 300+ packages). The trainers and managers here are unqualified and set unrealistic income expectations. The entire job is fishing in a saturated market finding uneducated small business owners and hoping they forget about what they purchased. Do not waste your sales talent selling a lie.

Advice to Management

Set real expectations to the employees

8. "Sales Rep."

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

Loved the place wish it was still here

Cons

Unfortunately they had to relocate offices

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

9. "Great place to work!"

Pros

People are friendly, processes are documented and good support exists. Systems work well. CEO shares updates regularly followed by lunch. CFO makes good financial decisions. HR team is great.

Cons

None I can think of.

"Worst company to work for."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear whatever you want. Free water and tea. Fun activities during breaks throughout the day. Good hours and weekends off.

Cons

Product is a complete joke, and doesn't work at all. You can't even let people google datasphere without your deal being ruined. Upper management lie about how much you can make to get new people through the door. The sales training is the worst I've ever seen. Don't waste your time or talent with this terrible company. The market is saturated, and there's really no vision for this company we all.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to new employees about how much they can make.