DataSphere Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

DataSphere Technologies Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc (in 17 reviews)

• Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management lie about how much you can make to get new people through the door (in 10 reviews)

• You cold call, but thats not the worst part (in 9 reviews)

"It's okay"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The folks at DataSphere are great to work with. I made great friends and was always offered help when I needed it. There is good money to be made for those who really love telesales. Back in their early days folks could make $10,000 or more a month. Now you're doing great if you can make $3,000. Still good money on top of the base salary, which was just increased by $5,000/year. But take this with a grain of salt as you read my Cons.

Cons

If you are being recruited to be an Account Executive, keep in mind that the job title is in no way representative of the actual job. It is 100% telesales. You will never ever be expected to perform the traditional duties of a real Account Executive. The sales cycle is very short, you will be expected to make a sale in 1 or 2 customer contacts, and to do so requires being a little flexible with the truth to create false urgency. Flat out lies will get you fired, but bring your used car salesman skills to be successful here. You will be fired if you fail to make your minimum goal 2 months in a row. Also, the commission structure was recently reduced and the TV stations that DataSphere places ads with have started pushing back a little. DataSphere relies on their relationship with the TV stations to get a foot in the door. But recently DataSphere lost a bit of that advantage when they were advised that reps could no longer use the station's logos on emails, and the sales script intros are changing to reflect the station's discontent with DataSphere calling "on their behalf". As of now reps can still say they are calling on behalf of...XYZ station, but in some markets that has changed to "in arrangement with...XYZ". It just seems like the stations are content to sell ad space to DataSphere, but they are becoming more and more unhappy letting DataSphere continue to give the impression that they are working as part of the station's advertising team, which they truly are not.

Advice to Management

Calling the position Account Executive is a bit deceitful. The recruiting process is just as hard a sale as the selling of DataSphere advertising products is, making it seem pretty concrete that being flexible with the truth is very much a part of the DataSphere culture. Just fix that.

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say my experience at Datasphere was more than stellar. Great co-workers, management & dress code really gives it a feel of "family". The pay is also very nice.

Cons

Don't buy in to the "family" thing because it is a disguise to cover up the sweatshop mentality they have. The turnover rate makes it look more like a factory than anything. Also don't count on your manager to go to bat for you if you're ever in a situation.

Advice to Management

Strive more for the family feel. It'll get you guys farther as a company.

"Not so good!"

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is obviously trying to make some changes and turn it around from where it was, the reviews on here seemed true but only after I hit the floor and was there awhile. Training was thorough and gives you the knowledge to sell the product but bring your hard closing skills!

Cons

Managers are nice but entice childish behavior by allowing employees to walk around, chat inappropriately and talk really loud while others are trying to make sales. They allow people to have bad competitive attitudes and talk bad about others, I have to say I related with the bad reviews of management and the high school type of behavior since I've been on the floor.

Advice to Management

Focus on employees who just need a little more attention instead of letting other co workers barge the call. Your new people are being told 5 different ways to sale your product and are confused most of the time. Take control of your teams, don't let people who've only been there a few months influence the new people, especially if they're barley hitting goal every month themselves! You have a lot of people who tell us to forget what you learned in training because it doesn't work.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Dec 8, 2015 – HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your insights, as well as your time spent as an employee at DataSphere. We are sorry that the atmosphere didn't seem to be a fit and we ... More

"It's a good place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here for a year and there are a number of positive things. I work 6-3 & I am done for day. The balance is great and I get to enjoy my afternoons with my child.

The CEO is very approachable and open to my ideas. It's cool.

Some of my co-workers are great and I like my manager. He takes the time to explain things well and seems to want to improve things. Don't get me wrong- the job is hard at times but doable.

Cons

I personally would like to make more money and I am not sure how that happens here.

It's a like high school at times. Some of my co-workers are very young And they are extremely clueless about how life really works-- especially at your job. Showing up to do the job is key & if you don't do that-- what do you expect? Some literally do nothing all day but complain.

Advice to Management

Make it clear how employees can get ahead. I should know what to expect or how to get a raise by now.

"Awesome environment"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You determine your own paycheck by how hard you work. It's an awesome office, great environment, and the managers rock.

Cons

You have to hit goal, otherwise the salary is too low to really pay the bills.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Hard-core Phone Pounding Call Center"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, managers attempt to keep you excited, good training for cold calling, can start at 6am and be out by 3.

Cons

Recruiter/HR lie about how many people are earning good money. Very high turnover so don't get too friendly with anyone - they'll be gone next week. Health insurance is horrible. Holds a contest every year to get voted a "best place to work" but it's really forced speed voting and peer pressure if you don't.

Advice to Management

Vacuum the carpets. The air quality stinks. I was there for 5 months and the same piles of dust and hair could be seen on the carpet.

"Love my team and my job"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like working for this company. I have been here a little over a year and I love the environment. It's so positive and upbeat. We have a lot of fun at work but have learned a lot in the process. Sales can be rough but my teammates are here to support you.

The company just increased everyone's salaries to help keep up. It's really great to make more money and have more security. Commissions have been great.

Other cool stuff: free lunches, parties, contests, BIG hawks fans, 4 weeks of vacation and flexibility if I need more time off than that.

Cons

Some managers are better than others at helping teach you the ropes. Most of them have done the job so you would think they would all be good at it but it isn't always the case. But the majority are good.

Advice to Management

Work with those reps that are struggling to make sales a bit more.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Sep 11, 2015 – HR team

thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your comments and insights.

"Meh"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chill work environment, younger staff with high energy. My team was good to me.

Cons

High pressure, not very many leads, have to cold call all day. Metrics for call time, call #s, etc were pretty high.

"Employees (and Buyers) Beware!"

Current Employee - Undisclosed in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Undisclosed in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, once a month free lunch, work life balance.

Cons

While some of the salespeople may love working here, you will find NONE of those people in the Customer Service and Media department...epitome of overwork, underpaid and under appreciated. Their public facing facade versus how they actually treat their employees is very misleading and any good reviews or votes for being "best places to work" are incentivized. When you're underpaid to the this degree, sadly, incentives work! They push for assembly style, mass production with very little knowledge of actual advertising, marketing and customer service. The overall processes of the entire department are implemented by a leadership that is extremely disengaged from the day to day responsibilities of their employees and show no compassion for it. They promote unsuspecting and submissive employees to ensure their manipulative tactics go unseen and unchallenged. Your ambitions and opinions have no place here. It's a broiler room operation and they have the Yelp reviews and enormously high turnover rate to prove it. I've never seen a company with so many disgruntled employees.

Advice to Management

Employees have gone to management and HR for YEARS with no results. The HR department are merely advocates for an incompetent management team so our voices will never be heard. The customer service and media department spend their whole day defending and justifying a product that is "scam" to most consumers. If you really care about the overall well-being of your employees, I encourage you to take a "survey" and hear it from us yourselves. Let's see how many testimonials and gold stars management gets!

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to make a lot of money & fantastic people to work alongside

Cons

Not thorough enough training/product knowledge and managers are not compensated properly