DataSphere Technologies Reviews in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Seattle, WA Area

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Satbir Khanuja

Pros
  • Great work-life balance - team events, parties, etc (in 17 reviews)

• Came from a very corporate work environment, so as you can imagine, the change was a complete 180 for me (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management lie about how much you can make to get new people through the door (in 10 reviews)

• You cold call, but thats not the worst part (in 9 reviews)

1. "AE"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is great

Cons

hard to sell the product

"Fun to work at, get burnt out making cold calls after 6 months"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

A lot of young people to meet and network with. Probably the most fun place I've ever worked at. Great st piping stone into sales career for recents college grads

Cons

Sales cycle is short, you learn everything you can in 6 months, good to move on after a year if you can hang that long. Start applying for other jobs after 6 months.

Advice to Management

Less micro managing

DataSphere Technologies Response

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

We’re glad you were able to meet such great people here at DataSphere and were able to have fun! But we’re disappointed that you felt micro-managed while working here. Not only does everyone have ... More

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment, team focused, and lots of room for growth and advancement. I have been been here for nearly 4 years and enjoy my team, my hours, and benefits which include a great work/life balance which is a huge bonus. I have seen this company and the services evolve as technology is every changing which is very promising. Overall great company and great opportunities here.

Cons

I don't really have anything that stands out that is a concern regarding the company or my position. Overall very pleased with my experience here.

Advice to Management

I have enjoyed the leadership and knowledge that management displays. Lots of opportunity to grow and develop skills thanks to management.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We’re really glad you’ve enjoyed your time here and have appreciated the benefits and work-life balance we strive for! -DataSphere Team

"account executive"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, employees are allowed to be creative, and given opportunity to show leadership potential as team leads, on occassion.

Cons

The company needs to show it's strength by hiring continuosly. They hire anyone with a heart beat. That means if you are great at what you do, then there will be someone on your team that cannot sell a thing, and will bring down the overall team. They don't offer continued training. If you stop seeing results, they put it on you, and let you leave, while not listening to ideas that what help retain longer term sales staff. Also the floor hears your pitch, and if it is working, they steal it, and try calling what would be your client base, and ruiin any opportunity for you to sell to your favorite vertical, which happened to me. I found a nitch, and it was uncovered company wide, and soon I could not find any leads in my market, because I was only allowed to call into certain places, and in sales, there is always someone looking to steal from you. Also, the company cancelled two of my deals, in an effort to allow my client to do business directly with the T.V. stations' advertising team to do commercials vs buy online ads. I sold a deal worth 1200$ to me, and they pulled the commission over 90 days later, and instead of paying me, they chose to slam me with a charge back on my check. I called a friend at the station and he confirmed that the company did a new agreement with the station worth 40 grand. I would not work for Datasphere on principal alone.

"Could be so much better."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people in various departments.

Cons

Horrid management that trickles down to every aspect of working there.
    Departments don't communication with each other which leads to poor interaction with customers.
    The sales department is allowed (by mgmt) to lie to get sales.

Advice to Management

Develop products that actually work, find some way to communicate to all departments, invest in employees to create long term relationships.

"Looks like a business, smells like a business... no product?"

Former Employee - Ad Creation Coordinator in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Ad Creation Coordinator in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. They'll take anyone. Maybe it's a good resume builder for someone just out of jail or college. It's also a good job to have while you look for other jobs.

Cons

Too many to list, but I'll try. Starting with the product, which is vapor. Customers receive no benefit, and any small business owner with any computer/search engine literacy can find this out this instantly. So that leaves the older, less savvy business owners for the sales team to prey on. Consequently, if you're in sales your job consists of fast-talking and hoping the people who buy forget that they bought it. If you're in any other client-facing role your job consists of trying to placate angry customers who feel like they've been duped.
    The atmosphere is like high school - with scheduled and timed breaks, petty politics, managers (like teachers) who aren't as smart as the kids and try to guard that fact. The good managers (like the few good teachers) are harried, frustrated, and looking for other work.
    This is a good place to work if your only job has been a car rental place, except renting cars is better because there is some value in the service.

Advice to Management

Pivot and make an actual product that people can be proud to sell and support.

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management and a really good product

Cons

Fairly intense and you need to have a very resilient attitude

Advice to Management

Higher pay to retain quality people and their knowledge

"Great work life balance"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent coworkers, fun environment, casual work attire, interesting product. Never work more than 40 hours in a week

Cons

Not a lot of career trajectory, lots of dissatisfied customers which leads to unhappy employees

Advice to Management

Change the way the sales team sells the product so the customer understand what they are purchasing initially

"Great opportunity for the unemployed"

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. The interview to offer process took about one week. The training is only one week long and you get paid a decent base salary during that time.

Cons

No job security. No benefits for 90 days and no 401K for one year. There is also very little room for advancement for AE's. No flexible hours. I wouldn't give up a good job at a stable company for this job.

Advice to Management

Offer more flexable hours. Offer 401K savings from the beginning, even if you don't match for one year. Also, it would be great to offer telecommuting options to AE's in good standing.

"An Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

I had quite an interesting experience working for this company. I learned a lot and am able to take some new learned skills and apply them elsewhere, so I am thankful for that.

Cons

Very clickish especially regarding upper management. They say they want their employees to be happy however, actions hold much more weight than words and their actions very much so often spoke otherwise. They are more geared to ensuring upper management is consistently happy and receives their bonuses and treats the other employees as if they are disposable regardless of if that employee has showed an immense level of commitment to the company. There is soooo much more I can say however I believe that is enough

Advice to Management

Treat your employees the way you would like to be treated if the roles were switched. Also your motives and what you plot behind doors is much more transparent to your employees than you think. In addition try to work on not being so underhanded and sneaky. One last thing don't blatantly lie to your employees that doesn't foster a good work environment nor does it add to the morale of the company.