Cover image for DataStax

77 Comments

Tech

624.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=DataStax~524413
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about DataStax? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with DataStax employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "The management in marketing was awful, there was a lot of fear(in 17 reviews)
  • "New CEO can be a bit harsh, but hearing the truth hurts.(in 9 reviews)
  • "100+ people laid off in the past 6 months including a layoff the week prior to the end of December (Holidays)... never a good sign.(in 7 reviews)
  • "very fast, and long hours (though, to be fair, long hours are also a result of covid)(in 6 reviews)
  • "They give you extra days off, which sounds nice in paper, but if you actually take time off you are seen as not dedicated.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DataStax and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Excellent experience

Jan 6, 2023 - Engineering in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has been a very interesting experience with lots of opportunities to learn. Deep technical problems to solve, supportive leadership and smart peers. Enjoying this experience.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind now.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting technology, not so certain future

Feb 1, 2023 - Sales Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really smart people Interesting technology

Cons

Restless upper management Uncertain future direction

3. Join the DataStax team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Datastax

Jan 26, 2023 - Business Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

potential for large growth and ipo

Cons

- single minded management - no leaders here

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

DataStax is GR8

Dec 30, 2022 - VP Strategy in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are kind, intelligent, and results oriented. The executive team operates with a high degree of trust and respect. The values are meaningful and lived throughout the company. Healthcare is FREE.

Cons

Most everyone is remote, making it more challenging to build relationships.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Constant changes and unrealistic expectations

Feb 1, 2023 - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Met some really great people. Benefits and wellness reimbursement were great

Cons

Paid significantly less than other colleagues in the same role. They constantly cocked up wages and would conveniently not pay out spiffs which were designed to incentivise the team. Told that we would get a sign up bonus and then that didn’t materialise when it was time to pay up, and was told ‘it was never signed off on’. Other incentives like Amazon vouchers never got paid/ sent. They never enabled the team correctly, all enablement sessions were around the product and not teaching the team how to operate better in order to meet the ever increasing targets. None of the team are consistent in achieving targets but yet they get raised. Motion after motion change, and expected to still be able to perform despite taking time out of our diaries with 1/1.5hr meetings, expecting us to essentially do the AES job and demo the product and then giving us extra admin tasks to do which the salesforce dashboards already provide the answers to. And finally ZERO progression, the only person I saw get promoted got fired a week later.

Continue reading
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, good benefits. Unpredictable, elusive targets

Dec 20, 2022 - Chief Information Officer (CIO)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart and motivated people to work with.

Cons

Constant context shifting; not always logical or sensible

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Great team and opportunities

Nov 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some great opportunities to stretch professional growth at DataStax which is why I joined. I have an amazing coach and the team I am on has some of the best professionals I've ever worked with.

Cons

DataStax is working on its DEI programs, which are not to the level of other tech companies, but there is movement and progress being made.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unlocking data's value and partnering with enterprises.

Nov 15, 2022 - Strategic Sales Executive in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership vision and driving growth and alignment with solving strategic customer challenges. DataStax has incredible products that deliver real value. Engaged sales leadership in your success. We live our core values and are teamwork minded.

Cons

As we grow, we need to balance our priorities. Startups move fast and focus on execution. We are challengers of the status quo, which requires all employees to embrace change more than some other companies.

Continue reading
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great technology, great company

Nov 15, 2022 - Data Architect in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The technology is great for solving big data problems without requiring a lot of extra architecting. There are a lot of smart people working here who are passionate about what they do.

Cons

It’s a smaller company so some processes are still being refined. If you like startups, you’ll love it here.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

First employer that doesn't make me feel like they're doing me a favor by "letting" me work there

Nov 8, 2022 - Data Architect in Central, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture and a truly unique technology stack. If you demonstrate capability, drive, etc., you will be given more responsibility.

Cons

Fast paced and change is a constant. Career progression can be a bit murky.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 510 Reviews
</>Embed

DataStax Reviews FAQs

DataStax has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 537 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at DataStax to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DataStax employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DataStax. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

84% of DataStax employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DataStax 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DataStax to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be workplace, management.

Popular Careers with DataStax Job Seekers