Database Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

4.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company with upward mobility available for motivated employees"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Database Marketing Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

a. Very close and inviting group of employees
    b. Collaborative environment
    c. Freedom and strong encouragement for new/different ideas
    d. Growth and advancement opportunity for the self-motivated
    e. Great health benefits
    f. Ownership is active in company and cares for employees
    g. Management always has their door open, just need to be proactive in setting up times

Cons

a. Certain projects can be delayed due to having a great deal of people participating in a project
    b. Need to be self-motivated to advance in company, but completely possible

Advice to Management

Continue to build relationships with all levels of employees. I have seen much improvement with management motivating employees over the past years

2. "Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Database Marketing Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working here at DBM Group since 2004. I started as an entry level software engineer and through out 10+ years I have learn so much here at work. I can proudly say that I am very happy to be at work here because all my coworkers are awesome. In the programming department, we always share knowledge that we have learned to the team that is the reason why I feel like when I come to work I always learn something new. There always new challenging/projects that you can work on so you don't get bored.
    Although I would say, you have to be able to work independently or work as a team so you have to be flexible in that sense. Everyone here work very hard because of that our managers don't micromanage us because they trust us 100% of what we are working on.
    The company has excellent benefit including matching 401K plans, excellent health/dental/life insurance coverage, sick leaves and paid vacations.
    I would recommend the company to a friend.

Cons

No Cons here. Happy to be a part of the company.

Advice to Management

Since the company makes us feel like family, all the managers are approachable even the owner. If you have something to say, you can talk to them and they will listen to you which I really like.

"Like getting paid to earn a masters degree in marketing."

Former Employee - Creative Director in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Creative Director in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

-A family feel in a professional environment
    -Growth and advancement opportunities (If you put in the work)
    -Ownership and Management are hands on with the employees
    -Health benefits and accrued vacations

This was my first job out of college. I stayed there for 10 years before gaining enough confidence to start my own business. Many of the other employees were there for as long or longer than I, so there is a good amount of job security. Even as a new employee, I was able to access and meet with the owner and leadership of the company often. The hands-on approach made me feel like there was opportunity to advance in my career and feel connected to the organization. The tend to promote within, so aspiring managers will like the prospect of being rewarded for hard work.

Cons

-Depending on the department yearly reviews were not consistent
    -Some longer-term projects can get held up due to the amount of individuals and approvals involved
    -Ideas and innovation are welcome and highly encouraged, but getting ideas past the cutting room floor can sometimes seem daunting.

4. "Great Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Privately held company so they treat their employees well! Offer great benefits, insurance, comp etc. What I liked most was how focused they were on their clients and customizing strategic programs that they could show the results. It's a very faced based organization so you need to keep up but I felt management was hands on and there to help if needed.

Cons

Growing organization and fast paced so you need to be on your A game. They used to do a lot of team building programs with the employees and remote staff as well, think they should keep those on-going.

Advice to Management

More check-ins with the employees

5. "Great clients, small company, not much room to move up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dana Point, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dana Point, CA

I worked at Database Marketing Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great client list. Friendly environment, usually can work with many departments as a team.

Cons

Small company. "High school" clicks. Not much room to grow into management.

6. "Coordinator"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I worked at Database Marketing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company that is independently owned & treats their employees like family. They love growth & growth within the company and it felt like management would help in any way they could.

Cons

Because it is a small company, you have to be flexible & willing to do what it takes. It really helps you grow & find out what you are really capable of, though.

Advice to Management

Since it is like a family or a group of friends, it can feel like everyone has their own groups or "clicks" that they form with the people in their department or who they hang out with. I think that happens at most places though.

7. "Overall a good company, but can get very routine-like and stressful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Database Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, great office, overall people are friendly, and helpful. No micro managing. And great client list.

Cons

Communication, since there are so many roles and middle men, some information gets lost, and deadlines are very tight. Also since many employees work remotely as well, unless you are checking your email every minute, you may miss a deadline, or information update.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better way to organize project due dates, and times. Also, even though there is a set structure on how to do things, there are also so many exceptions, and that can make things confusing.

8. "OK for temp job, but no career here"

Pros

Relationship with large employers good

Cons

advancement within company not really possible. If you work remote your forgotten

Advice to Management

learn how to communicate both ways and more than here's the lastest rules for you to swallow