Datamax Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Delivery driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Datamax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer vacation, profit share, health etc. Lot's of nice folks there.

Cons

The CFO decided to take a year to hire a boss for me so I was basically stuck in corporate limbo hell with no one to report up to. He hired the most garbage snitch workers and listened to them trash me because it he didn't care for me personally. He changed my clock in and clock out times to avoid paying me overtime. Truth is he probably had no idea I was working so many extra hours because I had no boss to notice I was being overscheduled and had a poorly timed route. Even after they hired another sold out rent a cop snitch as my boss my scheduling was still unrealistic. Then they install tattletales on my truck and fired me for speeding, trying to get to my stops. The second worst place I ever worked behind KFC.

Advice to Management

Pay people better. Recognize good people who are working hard for you over temp worker informants. And listen to people who's been there a while about changes you could make. Fire that miserly CFO and try to be a company of the present.

2. "Love my job"

Pros

I enjoy working for such a small company.

Cons

There's not much room for growth

3. "A Company you want to work for"

Pros

Entrepreneurial company that provides advancement and growth. They work at developing people and creating an environment to make you successful. They understand the importance and delivering as promissed customer service.

Cons

It is an where you are competing with the manufacture. So you are selling the same product the competition is but they actually work for the manufacturer. There is no value in doing business with the manufacturer but in certain situation the customers perceives a value in doing business with them. .

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

4. "Datamax"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Datamax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-My manager was very receptive to my input.
    -I felt like my manager had my back.
    -I felt like my work was appreciated.
    -Decent pay/benefits.

Cons

-Lack of communication between departments at times.
    -Office culture could use some work.

5. "Got To Start Somewhere"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Datamax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Continuous training, products are well branded and known, main product is best in the industry, good owners

Cons

The culture (who wears ties anymore selling technology) is outdated and has same pay structure as they did in the 80's, including the ancient 'draw' system (Also, well below industry standard)

Advice to Management

Management desperately needs to practice & use what they sell. The industry and sales tactics are changing daily. It's not even close to the same as 5 years ago. Wake up

"Looks good on paper, but read the VERY fine print."

Former Employee - Field Service Technician
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Datamax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people in Service. All about quality and doing it right the first time. Good teamwork and willingness to provide a service with the company in mind.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid. Ideal if you're a Sales Rep. No recognition or incentives for service other than a $50 gift card for Walmart if you have the most survey cards returned. Expected to work on personal time. Shady on mileage reimbursement. Some segment managers micromanage to the extreme. Tight-fisted when it comes to raises. Numbers can look great, customers can like you and can have all positive accommodations but at review time the excuses are plentiful. Don't expect more than a 25% raise and thats if you get one.

Advice to Management

Dont waste money on a guy to come in and review a book that employees have to read when not on the clock. Dont expect employees to go the extra mile for you if you can't do the same. Realize which department pays the bills ( Service) and reward them the same as you would the department that doesn't (Sales). Your reputation with your employees is just as important as your customers.

Datamax Response

Oct 27, 2015

This post is for the wrong company. Perhaps it was for another Datamax company. The following references are not part of any existing or previous company program: a) we don't offer gift cards to... More

7. "Datamax"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Datamax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people! everyone is easy to get along with. its like a family

Cons

training is not good for new employees. pay is not good for the first two years. wont get 3k bonus checks in the first two years unless you pull a huge deal!!!

Advice to Management

train better earlier.

8. "Mimimum wage job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Datamax (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient mid-town location with ample parking

Cons

Entrenched female managers that are nearing 30 years' tenure each. Favoritism toward some employees is rampant and not based on any work relevance.

9. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Datamax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive. You get what you put into it. Good training. Fair. Great customer care. Good place to work.

Cons

They need to devote more to advertising or marketing budget.

Advice to Management

Takes a new rep a little while to get the hang of it

10. "Great place to work and to be part of a team."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I have been with Datamax for 12 years. In the past 12 years I have been promoted from a field service technician to management. The leadership and support has provided me the opportunity and the foundation to grow and develop as a person and as a manager. It has been a privilege to work for a company that recognizes hard work and dedication from their employees.

Cons

You are held accountable for what you do, you have set bench marks and you are expected to learn and grow as an employee. If you are not willing to give 100% and not be responsible for your actions, then this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep providing assistance and development training programs for employees to advance from within