Dataprise Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

5.0
Dataprise CEO David E. Eisner
David E. Eisner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • People are willing to help when they can (in 6 reviews)

• With my experience in the MSP world, not all clients like their MSP, mainly due to poor customer service (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Standard growing pains, standard company imperfections (in 6 reviews)

• They are very e-mail heavy, though for the amount of (in 2 reviews)

1. "Wouldn't do it anywhere else"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dataprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Young, positive, company that encourages and applauds personal growth from paid personal training all the way to innovating and piloting a service offering on your own for potential company offerings. You can achieve what you want here, you just need to want it, the rest will be supported by all.

Great happy hours, events, parties, to keep employees balanced. Dataprise understands you spend most of your time at work, so why not make it a good time?

Cons

Standard growing pains, standard company imperfections. Nothing that's unique to the company itself or it's employees, nor anything you will not see anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the free breakfast, and cold cuts we can make our sandwiches with for lunch. Saves us money and time.
    Can we get a 9 to 5 Hibachi Chef? Fire, jokes, and all? Thanks!

Jul 17, 2017 – Senior Director of HR and Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share what it's been like working at Dataprise for the past 10 years. I am so glad to see you have had such a positive experience and that you continue to thrive... More

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Network Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Network Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Dataprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, positive atmosphere, smart people, good benefits, reasonable salary.

Cons

Since the company likes to hire within, ton's of politics moving up the ladder.

Sep 26, 2016 – Director of HR & Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I am so glad you are enjoying your experience with us and that continues to be the case. For internal promotions, we always consider each and... More

"They are forward-looking and attempt to balance profits with employee satisfaction."

Current Employee - Network Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dataprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will listen to your ideas and occasionally make changes that benefit employees rather than themselves. That is more than most companies will do.

Cons

The amount of billable hours required just to stay in good standing is 35+. That means anything you're doing for a client that isn't billable is basically coming out of your personal time. Frequent travel between client-sites means lunch can sometimes be tough to get for field engineers.

Advice to Management

Stop harassing employees who "only" billed 35 hours in a week. At your billable rate, you're making 4375/week when we average 35 hours which is ~20k/month. The average salary is probably around 6k/month giving you a 14k/month margin on each field engineer (-benefits). We're all smart guys, realize this, and resent emails from management complaining about billable hours when we're doing all we can. Management also seems blind to the fact that there is a lot of work that can't be billed to clients (paperwork, some documentation, and correcting the occasional mistake that we or another DP engineer has made).

Mar 31, 2014 – Director of HR & Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to post a review working for Dataprise! We are glad to see that you overall have had a positive experience with us thus far and hope that continues. We appreciate your... More

"Fun growing company"

Current Employee - Network Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dataprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rewards good performance and many sponsored happy hours

Cons

I have no complaints that standout in my head.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Mar 31, 2014 – Director of HR & Recruiting

Thanks for the positive review! We are so glad to see that you are having fun working for us. Please be sure to let us know if you do think of any ways that we can improve - we are always open to... More

"A very fun, dynamic, and challenging."

Current Employee - Mid Level Network Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Mid Level Network Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dataprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Network Engineer (Consultant) position really exposes you to many different information systems and technologies. Very good company culture. Overall very good place to work.

Cons

Some internal systems *cough* documentation are a little ..... old school. CRM and Job systems, errr. Lots of travel, but that's the gig.

Advice to Management

Improve the documentation system.

Mar 31, 2014 – Director of HR & Recruiting

We are glad to hear you are having fun and being challenged! We are working to address your feedback related to improving our internal systems and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how... More

6. "Best place to work and play"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Dataprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-More freedom to work and learn
    -Pay for certifications
    -Benefits and compensation

Cons

-Too much traveling
    -Used to care much more for employee but then management took some bad decisions.

Advice to Management

I joined Dataprise in 2008 and stayed with them because I love the environment. They used to care much about their employees but then things changed during 2010. Some wrong people got into wrong positions and that caused many good engineers to leave the organization.

My advice to management is to please invest in your employees as they are the one who represents Dataprise at client site. Also try to retain good engineers and good clients rather than only focusing on getting new business.

Mar 31, 2014 – Director of HR & Recruiting

Your feedback is very much appreciated - thank you. We feel we have since made great strides in making improvements related to showing our employees that they are valued, investing in our employees... More

7. "Great company to work for. Continualy Growing"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dataprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are genuinely concerned about keeping the engineers happy. Their motto is if our engineers are happy than our client will be too. Consistent company outings, great benefits, and a team atmosphere. Overall pretty pleased. The company isnt just out for profits, but actually is focused on creating a productive, and positive atmospehere as well.

Cons

Commuting can take a toll if you are a remote engineer and have to travel long distances.

Mar 31, 2014 – Director of HR & Recruiting

Thank you! We are glad to hear you have enjoyed working for Dataprise.