Datasource Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Dine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best Place to Work"

I have been working at Datasource Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Datasource is a rapidly growing company in both revenue and number of employees. The company offers all employees competitive compensation packages with free health insurance options and a 401K match. Datasource also offers opportunities for career advancement and has a dedicated paid training budget.

The company is located in a trendy office in RiNo area of Denver. The office features a fully stocked fridge and pantry. Employees are offered free parking and are given the opportunity to bring their pet to work.

As the company continues to grow, the leadership team has placed an emphasis on improving communication. All employees have direct access to the leadership team. The company also hosts a monthly all company update and distributes a monthly internal newsletter to keep employees up-to-date on the company's status and direction. Datasource also hosts bi-monthly social team events to foster culture.

Cons

With the company's success, there has been growing pains - too much work for too little people and limited office space. Datasource is working to address the issues, but reaction times can be slow.

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing to address the growing pains and the company will continue to be both successful and a best place to work for a very long time.

2. "A great company with a lot of potential to..."

Former Employee - Senior Data Integration Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Data Integration Consultant

I worked at Datasource Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like every company, Datasource has its pain points, but their positives outweigh them. Datasource (DSC) is an excellent niche consulting company that specializes on Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. Their leadership is headed by a gentleman that strives to find the best talent so that DSC can provide the best service. They have worked hard to build strategic partnerships with leading technology companies to secure some of the best opportunities. While most of their clients are found in the Denver, CO area, they have been working on securing clients in other areas nationwide. The office is small, but that can be easily changed. Most people are friendly and approachable, and their annual Christmas party is great as they have flown all consultants (and spouses) in to attend.

Cons

Communication is the biggest Con. The only leader that seems to want to communicate is the Steve Dine (CEO of DSC, not sure of new title under EXL). Engagement managers aren’t really talking to clients and/or taking to their consultants.
    Another Con is the recent purchase of DSC by EXL. This could eventually become a Pro, but only time will tell. The biggest question is how will EXL affect the way the CEO does business and how it treats their consultants.

Advice to Management

DSC has worked hard to find top talent for their projects. Aside from Steve Dine, the leadership doesn’t seem to understand how easy it is to lose that talent. A company is only as good as the talent it has.

"Exl-Datasource on a downward slide"

Former Employee - Senior Data Architect in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Data Architect in Denver, CO

I worked at Datasource Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Client facing consultants are very good currently.
    - I very much enjoyed working with my client and they liked what I was doing for them.

Cons

Datasource misrepresented the work I was hired to do resulting in significant underpayment. I left after attempting to rectify the problem.

Datasource was once considered a good company to work for but it seems to be headed in the wrong direction (perhaps because it was acquired by Exl?)
    - Poor back office support. Lack of respect for consultants.
    - Slow pay on expenses.
    - NDA and Confidentiality statement that you might have seen in the '80s but is inappropriate for the modern work environment.
    - HR gets in the way of serving the needs of the clients.
    - Yes, the office is in a trendy part of town but you can't work there (too small), there's no on site parking, and it's a 20min walk from light rail.
    - Very limited options for title and pay advancement.

Advice to Management

You've forgotten that the client facing consultants make the cash register ring and not the back office.
    You sold the company down-the-river. Your best people will be slipping away.

4. "GOod company"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Datasource Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

good co-workers,pleasant environment to work,have bonuses,outings

Cons

small company,company ambience should be good,talk a lot to emplyers and there needs

Advice to Management

bring automation tseting

"Great Company & CEO"

I have been working at Datasource Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of intelligent, driven, hardworking individuals at the company, especially Steve Dine who is very passionate about all things data. Management is open to feedback and encourages everyone to excel at their jobs (both at clients and internally). There is always a lot of work to do and when on the bench, training to improve your skill set is always encouraged.

Cons

Datasource is growing quickly, so some are playing multiple roles and having to work longer hours. There are also times where communication can be improved as some things are not communicated in a timely manner (this is improving though).

Advice to Management

Continue to improve communication with all employees in the company. Work on building a stronger team by having employees in all locations work together more often.

"The Sky is the limit with Datasource"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Datasource Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees, excellent management and ample opportunity to enrich your skills

Cons

Competition among top talent in the EDM space

Advice to Management

Thanks for your support

"Incredible company to work for!"

Pros

1) Steve Dine - the best boss ever!! :) He is not only incredibly skilled in the line of this company's business, but he hires the best in the industry, and ensures that his employees and happy!
    2) The company and its management go above and beyond to work with their employees in order to find the right match for their skill set at any client positions.
    3) Provides growth and learning opportunities to all employees.
    4) Gets rave reviews from all the clients that Datasource has worked with.
    5) Amazing team building activities including trivia, team sports, interactive team site, Christmas parties and Happy Hours.
    6) Performance reviews and bonuses!

Cons

1) The only reason I resigned is because I live quite far up north of Denver, and most of the company's clients are located in Denver and southern Denver. But this is not a con at all since I would be back on this company's payroll as soon as I move closer to Denver. :)

Advice to Management

None. You guys are the best!

"BEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Datasource Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leaders in the industry, client focused organization with opportunities for personal growth and professional development. Delivery of the highest level of client satisfaction. Highest integrity and trust.

Cons

Some growing pains. Leadership continues to evaluate and make the effort to reduce and resolve all issues within the growing organization.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity to be apart of this sterling organization, I feel genuinely blessed to have found my home.

"Great experience, smart people, irregular timing of work assignments"

Pros

You learn a lot, work with great people, a nice sense of camaraderie for a consulting firm. Steve Dine is the best.

Cons

You really never know what's going on, poor communication.

Advice to Management

Keep lines of communication open.

Datasource Consulting Response

Apr 13, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, and I am sorry that your time at Datasource Consulting did not match the experience we strive to create for all of our employees.

We value... More

"Class Act"

I have been working at Datasource Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment
    Great compensation package
    Interesting work at client sites
    Direct access to Founder
    Health premiums 100% paid for employees
    Work alongside colleagues who are best in industry

Cons

Sometimes I am unclear as to long-term vision of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate your long-term vision, also consider employee ownership in company