Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty

Pros
  • They care about the employee and have better work life balance with their local model than other consulting companies (in 20 reviews)

• No travel required with this company (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Little work outside of Staff aug (in 25 reviews)

• but thats part of work life balance (in 11 reviews)

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Working here has many pros, from top 1% benefits to continuous training to great company culture. I you are a skilled, seasoned consultant/developer this is the place to be.
    good pay
    Friendly management and a fine office team at the atlanta office.
    Company has a Heart.

Cons

Not much overtime.
    Not many outside trainings.
    but thats part of work life balance.

Advice to Management

I love y'all. keep up the good work.

Dec 15, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for sharing your experience at Daugherty! We love that you're happy working with us.

"senior manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

local model , like minded people

Cons

not that i can think off

Advice to Management

non

"Sr. Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Empowering environment where those that have the drive can help influence the business. The office invest in it's people with training and personal growth opportunities. Smart consultants and solid leadership. Atlanta MD sets a good example for the culture.

Cons

Not much to offer except to keep protecting the culture as you continue to grow the office. Build the infrastructure as you add more consultants.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open door, collaborative team environment.

"Amazing opportunity to grow your career"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

People who work hard and contribute above and beyond 9-5 are rewarded handsomely. In just a 3 years, I was promoted 3 times and increased my annual income by almost 200%. You have to be driven to do that, but if you are ambitious there are many opportunities to create your own career path with Sr leadership supporting you along the way.

Daugherty is a great place to work and invest your career!

Cons

If you're someone who waits for promotions to come to you, you'll probably not receive one. You have to set your sights on a goal, make it known what you want, and then earn it.

If you come to Daugherty with the attitude that life will be easier than your last job, you will fail.

If you don't have a consulting mindset, you'll probably feel that some projects are in a staff augmentation environment. But, if that's how you feel, I'd say you are not a consultant and should consider working in industry.

Advice to Management

Keep setting the bar high. Keep diversifying the portfolio.

Mar 17, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you're loving what you do at Daugherty ATL and congrats on all your promotions. Consulting is a wonderful field, but it's challenging. We believe that Daugherty ... More

"Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented mature professionals who care about their company and their careers. Employees take ownership of their roles and responsibilities and organically grow the company, always seeking to add more value to the clients' business. Great Fortune 500 customer base.

Cons

No significant cons. Employees should expect minimal oversight and hand holding from management. The company is a best fit for adaptable professionals who are willing to deliver as a team or as an individual contributor.

Oct 8, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your feedback and love that you're enjoying your job with us.

"Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great People (Attracting top talent from Big 5 consulting )
    - Top Clients ( Daugherty works with Many fortune 500 clients)
    - Work Life Balance (No Travel, no crazy hours)
    - Great Vision

Cons

- Like any other fast growing consulting firm it may have growing pains in terms f process

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job

"Solid company that truly values work/life balance & career growth"

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

My experience at Daugherty Business Solutions is good. It is a great place to work. After working at various companies throughout my career you can easily recognize when a company strives and takes the measures of doing things right and keeping their folks happy, and it doesn't become a challenge to write a review on them. It's sort of like when you discover a good restaurant, a gem, and you want all of your friends/colleagues to know about them to experience how good it could be. I've watched how Daugherty does not just talk to the talk but truly walk the walk in how they operate. They say they value work/life balance-check I've seen that here. No travel required with this company. They say they have clear defined career growth plans and allow you to be a driver of your career path- check I've seen it here. There are smart and passionate people all around here at Daugherty that are going after the same goal. On top of that they are people that you can become good friends with.

Cons

Commute is a bit tough but that's anywhere in Atlanta. Luckily, there is some work hours flexibility with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you're doing in Atlanta. Continue to have that team collaborative approach.

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your kind words! That's exactly what we strive to be in all of our offices, and we're so excited that you've found a great place to work with us. Thanks for your feedback.

"Great work life balance, benefits better than national firm and quality of people"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

After working for top 3 consulting firms for over a decade, I decided to make a move to a local model boutique consulting firm "Daugherty", 3 reasons why I true love my career at Daugherty:
    - When they say " Work Life Balance, they truly mean it with great benefits-their medical is the best in industry
    - Great clients including list of fortune 500
    - Above all they are picking up cream from top consulting firms, so you are surrounded and talented people who value family life, work life and hate big 4 politics

Cons

When you work with any company of its size you are bound to face the following challenges/opportunities to improve:
    - Not all Policies and Procedures are matured
    - PTO not too great but frankly speaking even though I had great PTO package in a top consulting firm, I could never take advantage of it anyways.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job and don't give up on the core values of this company as we grow

"The best there is."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Enjoy a stead work/life balance while gaining a ton of experience, picking up state of the art skills, expanding your communication skills.

Also, the free food & beverages, great peers, social events, and after hours learning opportunities are a plus.

Cons

Client work comes and goes, so you will have to be patient in-between projects. Don't worry though bench-work will keep you busy. ;)

Advice to Management

Negotiating more vacation days would be a HUGE factor to change during the hiring process.

*This one perk could spike your retention and prevent talented candidates from accepting other offers. Think about it, 1 or 2 weeks of additional vacation in return for talented candidates that could potentially revolutionize your future business for years to come.

11. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of opportunities for career growth in the Atlanta Office

Cons

Sometimes a long commute to get to office

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing