Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.8
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They care about the employee and have better work life balance with their local model than other consulting companies (in 21 reviews)

• No travel required with this company (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Self-described as a consultancy, but mostly staff-aug (in 26 reviews)

• but thats part of work life balance (in 11 reviews)

"Innovative No-Travel Consulting Opportunities in Atlanta"

Current Employee - Business Architect in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Daugherty is a growing local consulting firm that is focused on making a real difference for clients, while matching their consultants with career growing opportunities. Work-life balance and innovative thinking in the areas of Business Intelligence as well as a defined methodology in business process and analysis make Daugherty an exciting place to work.

Cons

Daugherty is a growing brand in the consulting market. It does not yet carry the name recognition of the Big 4 firms, however the motivation of leadership and caliber of talent will help build that over the coming years.

Advice to Management

Consider the consultant's core strengths AND passions when matching them with roles and opportunities. This will only increase team productivity and dynamics, leading to our shared success!

"Culture, Aptitude and Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What Daugherty Business Solutions brings to the table is different from most other consulting companies. They are excellence focused - hence the aptitude. They espouse a culture of delivering value - hence making you invaluable to the customer you're consulting for. And they are small enough, and growing rapidly, for you to grow with. They have a welcoming workforce that wants to see you succeed - and they have fun too. Non-existent politics. What more could one ask for.

Cons

Caution! You may become a bit of a nerd here. Translation: you will become very good and versatile in your area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the growth momentum and culture. And keep providing opportunities to your consultants. They're the reason for your success.

"A great consulting firm to work for"

Current Employee - Project/Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project/Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

One of the key benefits of working at Daugherty is the local business model (no travel).
    This company is very focused on excellent client delivery and has an excellent reputation.
    The management team is great to work with and they really want you to succeed. They try very hard to place you in assignments that fit with your career plans.
    The firm is small enough that you can make a big contribution to the growth and success of the firm, but big enough to have a good portfolio of clients and a growing range of technical and strategic solutions.
    The health benefits plan is the best around.

Cons

The vesting period for the 401k plan should be reduced.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on treating your employees well.
    Improve the 401k plan vesting period.

"The best there is."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Enjoy a stead work/life balance while gaining a ton of experience, picking up state of the art skills, expanding your communication skills.

Also, the free food & beverages, great peers, social events, and after hours learning opportunities are a plus.

Cons

Client work comes and goes, so you will have to be patient in-between projects. Don't worry though bench-work will keep you busy. ;)

Advice to Management

Negotiating more vacation days would be a HUGE factor to change during the hiring process.

*This one perk could spike your retention and prevent talented candidates from accepting other offers. Think about it, 1 or 2 weeks of additional vacation in return for talented candidates that could potentially revolutionize your future business for years to come.

5. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of opportunities for career growth in the Atlanta Office

Cons

Sometimes a long commute to get to office

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing

"Great work life balance, benefits better than national firm and quality of people"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

After working for top 3 consulting firms for over a decade, I decided to make a move to a local model boutique consulting firm "Daugherty", 3 reasons why I true love my career at Daugherty:
    - When they say " Work Life Balance, they truly mean it with great benefits-their medical is the best in industry
    - Great clients including list of fortune 500
    - Above all they are picking up cream from top consulting firms, so you are surrounded and talented people who value family life, work life and hate big 4 politics

Cons

When you work with any company of its size you are bound to face the following challenges/opportunities to improve:
    - Not all Policies and Procedures are matured
    - PTO not too great but frankly speaking even though I had great PTO package in a top consulting firm, I could never take advantage of it anyways.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job and don't give up on the core values of this company as we grow

"Solid company that truly values work/life balance & career growth"

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

My experience at Daugherty Business Solutions is good. It is a great place to work. After working at various companies throughout my career you can easily recognize when a company strives and takes the measures of doing things right and keeping their folks happy, and it doesn't become a challenge to write a review on them. It's sort of like when you discover a good restaurant, a gem, and you want all of your friends/colleagues to know about them to experience how good it could be. I've watched how Daugherty does not just talk to the talk but truly walk the walk in how they operate. They say they value work/life balance-check I've seen that here. No travel required with this company. They say they have clear defined career growth plans and allow you to be a driver of your career path- check I've seen it here. There are smart and passionate people all around here at Daugherty that are going after the same goal. On top of that they are people that you can become good friends with.

Cons

Commute is a bit tough but that's anywhere in Atlanta. Luckily, there is some work hours flexibility with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you're doing in Atlanta. Continue to have that team collaborative approach.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your kind words! That's exactly what we strive to be in all of our offices, and we're so excited that you've found a great place to work with us. Thanks for your feedback.

"Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

- Great People (Attracting top talent from Big 5 consulting )
    - Top Clients ( Daugherty works with Many fortune 500 clients)
    - Work Life Balance (No Travel, no crazy hours)
    - Great Vision

Cons

- Like any other fast growing consulting firm it may have growing pains in terms f process

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job

"Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Talented mature professionals who care about their company and their careers. Employees take ownership of their roles and responsibilities and organically grow the company, always seeking to add more value to the clients' business. Great Fortune 500 customer base.

Cons

No significant cons. Employees should expect minimal oversight and hand holding from management. The company is a best fit for adaptable professionals who are willing to deliver as a team or as an individual contributor.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Oct 8, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your feedback and love that you're enjoying your job with us.

"senior manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

local model , like minded people

Cons

not that i can think off

Advice to Management

non