Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty

Pros
  • They care about the employee and have better work life balance with their local model than other consulting companies (in 21 reviews)

• No travel required with this company (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Self-described as a consultancy, but mostly staff-aug (in 26 reviews)

• but thats part of work life balance (in 11 reviews)

"Company in Decline"

Former Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and competitive salary. They pay overtime. There are some great consultants on the team. Beautiful Atlanta offices. Local delivery model.

Cons

Corporate leadership is incapable of leading or growing this business. After almost 30 years, the company is only 1000 Consultants. The only real Consulting office was Atlanta and the whole leadership team just left, same thing happens in every office about every 5 years. Corporate Leadership drives the best leaders away and then the office collapses and gas to be rebuilt.

Advice to Management

Corporate Management needs to retire and leave the company to the next generation of leaders.

"Senior Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits. That's it. Atlanta is an absolute wreck. I worked here for 3 years to get off the road and in that time management has drastically turned over. it took me a while to figure out this out but they're a staffing company so if you're billing you're heads down and don't really know what's going on back at the ranch until you hit the bench. I hit it twice and the second time was let go along with 4 others

Cons

I don't have any actionable advice other than to stop selling yourself as a consulting company. This is a TOTAL body shop. The worst was we had our corporate party announcing what a solid year we had after laying off half our bench. reach out to any former employee before working there. Just pick one Anyone!!

Advice to Management

I don't know how much more time the husband/ wife owners have so why not just sell it and be done with the headache already???

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

We are sorry that you feel this way. Our Atlanta team is wonderful, and they are growing really fast under Monika Mueller's leadership. We're not just winning new client work, but we're adding new ... More

"Good people, limited project-based work, bad management with no leadrship capabilities"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good base salary and benefits

Cons

Bait and swith on job roles
    Unethical management cant be trusted

"It was your basic body-shop"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

No travel. Good pay. Friendly people in the trenches.

Cons

No way to move up the chain. While I was there, 2 people were promoted to Principal level (basically limited partners). These were the first 2 people to ever be promoted to that level in the Atlanta office (15 years or so). Both left shortly after their promotions.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and stop trying to get a quick fix by injecting new management.

Aug 5, 2014 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review Daugherty's Atlanta office. Currently at Daugherty (2014), all consultants are reviewed twice annually. Consultants are eligible for both compensation ... More

"Good Ole Boy Company with Serious Lack of Integrity Issues"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent Base Compensation, Good Benefits, and Overtime Pay
    Great Sales Pitch
    Serious 'drinking culture' at the Atlanta office. (If you like to drink.)

Cons

Although Daugherty claims that North Highland is their closest competitor in the Atlanta Area, most services they provide could be handled by a temp agency. They provide all staff aug work at their 4 major local clients - not project based as claimed - and will take any opportunity as long as it is billable. Encouraged by team management to bill clients for Daugherty internal work - in my opinion just one instance of integrity issues with client billing. I've observed that the most successful consultants at Daugherty are those that the clients are most unhappy with. Serious 'drinking culture' at the Atlanta office. Must enjoy networking at company socials to find your next opportunity.

Advice to Management

Stop stretching the truth beyond it's limits.

Aug 5, 2014 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review of the Daugherty Atlanta branch. I'm sorry you did not have a positive experience here. While some of our advisory services can seem similar, and often times be confused ... More

"Atlanta Branch headed in the wrong direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall the people at Daugherty are great. They are experienced professionals that know their craft. They employees themselves are great and the culture is very easy to assimilate into.

Cons

The leadership in Atlanta has changed over drastically in the last 5 months. The 6 top leaders all left at the same time to start up their own consulting firm, Aspirent, and has left the corporate leadership reaching at straws. So far their idea of fixing and righting the ship is somewhat laughable. They are reverting right back to being a staff augmentation shop where we are bidding on anything and everything just so we can "Grow". This is not what they sold to me. It's obvious to a lot of people that they are looking for "yes" men (women) to step into leadership that they can control from St. Louis. But be wary as it looks like they are firing or forcing out anyone who would object or question anything.

Advice to Management

Encourage people to speak their minds and bring some contrasting ideas to the table. This is how ideas and organizations grow. However, if you want people to just be cheerleaders for your brand and pretend everything is ok when we are hemorrhaging from multiples lines of service and losing business left and right to our competition than please do not do a thing.

"Bench? What bench?"

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great health benefits. Local staffing model, but that seems to be changing.

Cons

Although Daugherty leadership positions the company as a consulting firm, the reality is that placement is almost 100% staff augmentation. The survival of the Atlanta office is dependent on one key client. If that company decides to pull out, the office is toast. I've been told that billable headcount for Atlanta has decreased by 30-40% in 2015 - not good. Many of the other office locations are in similar situations. Although Daugherty has a bench, they routinely let people go if they haven't been placed after a few weeks. Also, they now have a "unified bench" across all offices, and push folks to travel to other offices if there is a need.

Advice to Management

Build a dedicated sales team to pull in some big clients. Try to sell project-based work, which can be more lucrative and interesting to consultants.

"Great people to work with"

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Talented folks in the company and willing to help you grow

Cons

Management does not have any clue of day-to-day life of consultants

"Staff Augmentation- Sr. Management has issues, bleak prospects"

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers good base pay and medical benefits. There is also plenty of opportunity to train and learn new things at this company. The consultants are generally nice and easy to work with.

Cons

A considerable amount of senior management and office staff turnover- maybe 30 or 40 percent this year has led to an unstable career environment. If you hit the bench, you have a few weeks before you may be terminated. There have problems with keeping and growing accounts and salespeople. As others have said, you will have to work much more than 40 hours to keep up with what is going on.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, Revisit your human resources practices. Hire professional sales people, implement a retention program.

10. "Great Benefits for Staff Aug. work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work - Life balance and Benefits were excellent

Cons

Work is primarily staff aug.