Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty

Pros
  • They care about the employee and have better work life balance with their local model than other consulting companies (in 20 reviews)

• Well compensated, great benefits and flexibility (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Little work outside of Staff aug (in 25 reviews)

• but thats part of work life balance (in 11 reviews)

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Working here has many pros, from top 1% benefits to continuous training to great company culture. I you are a skilled, seasoned consultant/developer this is the place to be.
    good pay
    Friendly management and a fine office team at the atlanta office.
    Company has a Heart.

Cons

Not much overtime.
    Not many outside trainings.
    but thats part of work life balance.

Advice to Management

I love y'all. keep up the good work.

Dec 15, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for sharing your experience at Daugherty! We love that you're happy working with us.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Good consultants. Some very good managers.

Cons

This company is attractive on the outside, but once in you find that you were hired to fill a seat (contractor) at a client site. Yes, a handful of senior folks do consulting, but it's mostly staff aug. Don't be fooled. If Daugherty is your only job offer, then consider it, you will be working with some good people. If you are looking for a career, this is not it. High turnover, too. Leadership just sweeps it under the carpet.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at your leadership in the Atlanta Branch. Why is there apathy and why are people leaving?

Oct 31, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

We are sorry that you feel this way. Our Atlanta team is wonderful, and they are growing really fast under Monika Mueller's leadership. We're not just winning new client work, but we're adding new ... More

"senior manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

local model , like minded people

Cons

not that i can think off

Advice to Management

non

"Sr. Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Empowering environment where those that have the drive can help influence the business. The office invest in it's people with training and personal growth opportunities. Smart consultants and solid leadership. Atlanta MD sets a good example for the culture.

Cons

Not much to offer except to keep protecting the culture as you continue to grow the office. Build the infrastructure as you add more consultants.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open door, collaborative team environment.

"Senior Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits. That's it. Atlanta is an absolute wreck. I worked here for 3 years to get off the road and in that time management has drastically turned over. it took me a while to figure out this out but they're a staffing company so if you're billing you're heads down and don't really know what's going on back at the ranch until you hit the bench. I hit it twice and the second time was let go along with 4 others

Cons

I don't have any actionable advice other than to stop selling yourself as a consulting company. This is a TOTAL body shop. The worst was we had our corporate party announcing what a solid year we had after laying off half our bench. reach out to any former employee before working there. Just pick one Anyone!!

Advice to Management

I don't know how much more time the husband/ wife owners have so why not just sell it and be done with the headache already???

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

"Amazing opportunity to grow your career"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

People who work hard and contribute above and beyond 9-5 are rewarded handsomely. In just a 3 years, I was promoted 3 times and increased my annual income by almost 200%. You have to be driven to do that, but if you are ambitious there are many opportunities to create your own career path with Sr leadership supporting you along the way.

Daugherty is a great place to work and invest your career!

Cons

If you're someone who waits for promotions to come to you, you'll probably not receive one. You have to set your sights on a goal, make it known what you want, and then earn it.

If you come to Daugherty with the attitude that life will be easier than your last job, you will fail.

If you don't have a consulting mindset, you'll probably feel that some projects are in a staff augmentation environment. But, if that's how you feel, I'd say you are not a consultant and should consider working in industry.

Advice to Management

Keep setting the bar high. Keep diversifying the portfolio.

Mar 17, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you're loving what you do at Daugherty ATL and congrats on all your promotions. Consulting is a wonderful field, but it's challenging. We believe that Daugherty ... More

"Staff Augmentation- Sr. Management has issues, bleak prospects"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers good base pay and medical benefits. There is also plenty of opportunity to train and learn new things at this company. The consultants are generally nice and easy to work with.

Cons

A considerable amount of senior management and office staff turnover- maybe 30 or 40 percent this year has led to an unstable career environment. If you hit the bench, you have a few weeks before you may be terminated. There have problems with keeping and growing accounts and salespeople. As others have said, you will have to work much more than 40 hours to keep up with what is going on.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, Revisit your human resources practices. Hire professional sales people, implement a retention program.

"Great people to work with"

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Talented folks in the company and willing to help you grow

Cons

Management does not have any clue of day-to-day life of consultants

"Bench? What bench?"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great health benefits. Local staffing model, but that seems to be changing.

Cons

Although Daugherty leadership positions the company as a consulting firm, the reality is that placement is almost 100% staff augmentation. The survival of the Atlanta office is dependent on one key client. If that company decides to pull out, the office is toast. I've been told that billable headcount for Atlanta has decreased by 30-40% in 2015 - not good. Many of the other office locations are in similar situations. Although Daugherty has a bench, they routinely let people go if they haven't been placed after a few weeks. Also, they now have a "unified bench" across all offices, and push folks to travel to other offices if there is a need.

Advice to Management

Build a dedicated sales team to pull in some big clients. Try to sell project-based work, which can be more lucrative and interesting to consultants.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, excellent benefits, lots of opportunities, lot of great clients. No travel out of Atlanta required.

Cons

Traffic on 141 towards Buckhead is bad between 8am and 9am and in the evening from 4pm to 5:30pm.

Advice to Management

Get more clients to work for in Alpharetta, Johns Creek area. Give employees warnings/second chances/set time to prove themselves, if they are not able to fetch a project instead of removing them from the company.